Author Topic: Mage: The Ascension (oWoD) Roleplaying Campaign - Prologue -  (Read 23121 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Mage: The Ascension (oWoD) Roleplaying Campaign - Prologue -
« on: December 02, 2012, 07:42:05 AM »
Mage: The Ascension (oWoD) Roleplaying Campaign - Recruiting Phase Contest

I am in the formulation stage of a Mage: The Ascesion campaign (Old World of Darkness) and i'm looking for a few players to participate in this with me. I will storytell and be the GM, and things will be roleplayed in thread. Basically, you get to live as a supernatural magic casting person in the real world (with minor differences).

Tell me you're interested, and i'll send you a link to the mainbooks on .pdf. I won't post it publicaly (and seeing as this is a very old franchise that is out of print now, I don't think anyone will say i'm detracting from anyone's quality of life but second-hand book salesmen).

A major difference in this world for example, is that Romney won the 2012 United States Presidential Election, and the world was thrown into fervor. Also, most all conspiracy theories have a large grain of truth in this world. It's more fun that way, after all.

The campaign would run until the end of December, and has the possibility to be continued further.

I'm looking for 2-3 interested and invested people, but i'll try to accomodate everyone that's interested. Game is currently CLOSED to new players. Sorry!

This thread will run for a week, and upon the end of the week we will start with whoever has kept up to the end and fulfilled all my personal criteria. I'll be as fair as I can muster.

So let us begin.

-----------------------------
Setting: Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA

A city with the University of Michigan at its core, it is the quintessential College Town USA. Boasting one of the most lenient laws for marijuana in the country let alone the world, it is a progressive left liberal town. There's a lot more to know about it if you can ask the right questions to the right people, as with any setting.

There has  been an influx of people since Romney was elected US President in 2012 and anti-Romney and Republican protests common in the street. The Occupy Movement and Free Hugs campaign both have a strong footing in Ann Arbor.

Ann Arbor is also mysterious in its ability to attract activist and odd people to its fold. It is consistently rated one of the top cities to live in the US, and there are quite a number of supernaturals that live an operate within the city. Google also has an outpost here, as well as progressive grassroots villages and shops. There is a strong local scene to this town, although commercial interests such as 7-11 and CVS have encroached on the local business side.

The vibrancy is increasingly threatened by the Federal Government opposition to free lifestyle expression, and they have started cracking down on marijuana dispensaries and paraphenelia stores that dot the Ann Arbor social landscape.

Living and atmosphere: Apartments are cheap and available, and houses are moderately priced for such a good neighborhood that Ann Arbor is. There are trees everywhere, even in the midst of downtown. Ann Arbor is not without its crime and danger, but the underbelly operates mostly under the radar. Ann Arbor never completely sleeps, but there is a lull in the mundane activity in the early morning hours after the bars and clubs close.

"*ahem* Since Mage is a (somewhat?) obscure game, I will assist in the character creation by making the character sheet myself. I will establish the parameters of that character sheet based on the answers you give in your interview. "

"So, to begin. "

She clears her throat and adjusts her glasses.

"Answer my questions one by one, and we will negotiate your character sheet together. First, is there anything you'd want to say to me to start things off? Anything you'd like to ask of me? What kind of magic can you do anyway? You're a magick user, right?"

She taps her capacitative pen on the screen of her iWindow device.

"Well, of course I should start off with magick, right? If you couldn't perform magick, you wouldn't be interviewed by me would you?

"Oh sorry, you might perform magic without the 'k' instead. So it'd be magic. What, you can't hear the difference? Well, neither can I, but I can at least see the difference."

She clears her throat again.

"So anyway, tell me your story. What are you all about anyway?" She addresses this to nobody and everybody in particular.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:37:29 AM by Nobuko »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
Re: Mage: The Ascension (oWoD) Roleplaying Campaign - Recruiting Phase Contest
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »
>Put more burden on yourself, YJ! It'll be fun~

Fine PM me I'll see what I can do.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 06:34:12 PM »
>Put more burden on yourself, YJ! It'll be fun~

Fine PM me I'll see what I can do.

PMed! I would stick to browsing just the Mage the Ascension 2nd ed book and maybe the player's, unless you get really bored or need inspiration. Reading the books is also optional as I'm planning on taking an intuitive approach to character generation and playing! But it would probably help to poke through the book if you're unfamiliar with the system.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 06:57:26 PM »
Huh. Colour me interested. I should be able to find time for this.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 07:04:18 PM »
 :D "Great!"

"So to start things off with a rather cliche'd question.. are you a boy or a girl?"

She taps her pen waiting to jot down a note. A peculiar question if you don't get her reference. You are obviously all in the same room together so your gender should be pretty obvious, shouldn't it?

->

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »
PM me as well, I'm a little interested.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »
A lanky college student pulls his head up at the sound of the woman's voice. His eyes are a cloudy green, the eyelids flickering as if in a trance. He raises a hand slowly, opening his mouth and holding back a yawn.

"S'not magic, lady. My dealer says it's all natural goodness. And she's, like, seventy or somethin'."

He stands out of his chair, his body even more twig-like than it was when he was sitting. He seems to struggle with his balance, tipping left and right, brushed about by an unseen wind. Pizza crumbs are still stuck to his shirt, which proudly declares "IT'S LEGAL IN COLORADO".

"But whatever it is...hoooooooo-ee, does it feel good. A joint before studyin', and everything just sticks." He points at his forehead, hidden under a bush of fuzzy brown hair. His smirk is half an inch too wide to be lucid. "Does my body good, too. Heals cuts right up, and it makes my sit ups a lot easier."

He nods along to himself, content with his story. He makes to sit down before jerking back up.

"Oh, and...there are things, too." He stares off into a distant corner of the room, as if staring at an invisible man. "Just weird things. Sometimes my hand gets real warm, and when I look down my pen is melting. Or that one time my dormmates found me on the roof balancing on my head. The lady says those are natural side-effects, though, and she knows a helluva lot more than I do."

He sits down again, crossing his legs. "Welp, that's me in a nutshell. Good ol' Lucas, doing his mama and papa proud."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »
"Natural side-effects, eh? I've never had anything like those side effects before! Interesting. Nice to meet you Lucas, my name is Hinako."

She puts a hand out before quickly withdrawing, as if she was too impatient to wait for you to shake her hand. She jots something down on her iWindow.

"So do you ever feel like you can control these "side-effects"? Or are they more random?"

"Hmm. And could you maybe tell me a bit more about this 'dealer lady friend' of yours? What does she say about these side effects?"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:17:06 PM by Nobuko »

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 08:10:06 PM »
You can consider me almost stepping into the Player Pool, just got about a week for finals and I would be 100% on this train of magicks!
(Also a PM of those books would be handy . x .)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 03:43:57 PM »
(For everyone's information: You can feel free to RP in this thread up until the end of next week without commitment, if you'd like to 'test the waters', so to speak. So don't be shy!)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 04:44:57 PM »
"Natural side-effects, eh? I've never had anything like those side effects before! Interesting. Nice to meet you Lucas, my name is Hinako."

She puts a hand out before quickly withdrawing, as if she was too impatient to wait for you to shake her hand. She jots something down on her iWindow.

"So do you ever feel like you can control these "side-effects"? Or are they more random?"

"Hmm. And could you maybe tell me a bit more about this 'dealer lady friend' of yours? What does she say about these side effects?"
"Control? Nah, man. You got it backwards." Lucas sighs, as if what he's saying is a simple fact. "You, like, can't control nature. Nature controls you. And if nature decides I only know how to talk in squirrel-language for the next thirty minutes - well, that's the price I pay for a high. But one thing always stays the same." He flexes one arm, with all the force of a frayed string. "I can lift, like, crazy shit. There was one time one of the jocks asked me to go grab his football out of a tree for him, and I cut the middle man and hurled him at the branch. They're adding the medical bill to my student loan, but at least no-one bugs me anymore."

When you mention the dealer lady, he tenses slightly. "Her name's Esmerelda. Least, that's what she calls herself. Lives in a little caravan across from the college car park. I'd say she's weird, but there's, like, something about her that makes me think it's a bad idea. Like she'd make a voodoo doll of me and burn it if I badmouthed her."
"She's not a big dealer - hell, when I suggested her to a friend he couldn't even find the caravan. I think she only ever bothers selling her stuff to me. Dunno why, but it's cheap and it's pretty fucking potent. And she never gets caught up in the usual turf wars other dealers get into - one time I saw a buncha thugs hanging about the caravan on the way out. Dunno what happened to 'em, but the next day there were a coupla angry-looking frogs sitting next to the front door."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:47:49 PM by Shiroukanken Le Bel Sakuya »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 07:38:20 PM »
"Control? Nah, man. You got it backwards." Lucas sighs, as if what he's saying is a simple fact. "You, like, can't control nature. Nature controls you. And if nature decides I only know how to talk in squirrel-language for the next thirty minutes - well, that's the price I pay for a high. But one thing always stays the same." He flexes one arm, with all the force of a frayed string. "I can lift, like, crazy shit. There was one time one of the jocks asked me to go grab his football out of a tree for him, and I cut the middle man and hurled him at the branch. They're adding the medical bill to my student loan, but at least no-one bugs me anymore."

When you mention the dealer lady, he tenses slightly. "Her name's Esmerelda. Least, that's what she calls herself. Lives in a little caravan across from the college car park. I'd say she's weird, but there's, like, something about her that makes me think it's a bad idea. Like she'd make a voodoo doll of me and burn it if I badmouthed her."
"She's not a big dealer - hell, when I suggested her to a friend he couldn't even find the caravan. I think she only ever bothers selling her stuff to me. Dunno why, but it's cheap and it's pretty fucking potent. And she never gets caught up in the usual turf wars other dealers get into - one time I saw a buncha thugs hanging about the caravan on the way out. Dunno what happened to 'em, but the next day there were a coupla angry-looking frogs sitting next to the front door."

"Oh, so you know Esmerelda? Yeah, I'd avoid crossing her path or getting on her bad side if I were you, but she's good people and worth keeping around. I think you could learn a lot from her!" She jots down a note.

"She, or I, could help you harness your 'talents' and discover the difference between 'Nature' and 'Nurture', if you get what I mean. Up to your personal preference, my methods are a little bit different from hers but it's all the same in the end."

"So would you say there's a general pattern to the weird shit that happens around you when you smoke? Do you vary what you intake depending on the sort of effects you'd like to occur, or something like that?"

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 12:20:12 PM »
A shorter college student sits two seats over from the lanky one, the bags under his brown eyes points to sleep playing keep away with him for the past few days.  His wardrobe seems to be meant for someone a few sizes larger than him as well, looking at the loose hooded sweater with the sleeves pushed back, and the jeans rolled up so the smaller individual wouldn't step on his own pants legs.  He cradles a half-empty bottle of diet soda in his hands while another is in the pouch of his hoodie... and a third bottle that was emptied earlier is on the floor next to his boot clad feet. 

"Um...you do mean actual real magic and not just tricks, smoke and mirrors right?" He seems wary of this offer, nervous as well as his sight shifts around the room, avoiding eye contact all together.  His voice is a bit higher on the range as well, and combined with the thick braid of black hair  that reaches to his waist and the white bandanna dotted with a blue rose design wrapped around his head, one could easily mistake him for the other gender.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »
[Now you start a Mage game, Nobu? Tisk tisk. I'll chip in, but would like to reserve a right to drop out if things get busy for me.]

"I'm going to have to ask you to cease and desist right there, ma'am," comes a voice out of nowhere in particular. Why has nobody noticed this man in the room before? Even now, it is as if one's concentration starts to wander when they look at the government agent - that's obviously what he is, right? - standing just beside the door. Black suit, white shirt, black tie, generic face - the epitome of unremarkable.
"City ordnance section three paragraph five states that conducting an unlicensed consultation service is due a fine to be later determined by court or city office under federal laws section twelve."
His voice leaves no doubt that everything he states is the absolute truth.
"Furthermore, the nineteen-forty-four pact as instituted by Franklin D. Roosevely prohibits the proliferation and instruction of magic, magick, sorcery, witchcraft, shamanism, voodoo, alchemy and theurgy to individuals under the age of twenty-one."
The agent glances in the direction of the clearly underage student.
"As such, I would request that this gentleman leave the premises immediately, and a fine might be waived under Cooperation Treaty laws appendix one paragraph two. Otherwise, the offender and the owner of the infringing consultation service might have to be placed under arrest pending investigation as per the Control of Dangerous Individuals act of nineteen-ninety-one, signed by George H. W. Bush, which, might I add," says the agent, looking over his darkened glasses, "is a far less lenient legislation."
"Do not try to contest this, as, under the eighteen-sixty-three Witchcraft Doctrine, all agents appointed by the federal government have the authority to respond to perceived threats with maximum force."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:36:42 PM by Fightest »

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 04:48:23 PM »
The younger, nervous student gets up to his feet, several inches over five feet, the hooded sweater hangs more on him than him actually wearing it "I-I'm not under twenty-one sir..." He fusses, pulling out a fresh and unworn black leather wallet and swiftly pulls out a Driver's license, all his information in order.."Alexander Joseph Niten, eight-zero-nine East Kingsley Street, Ann Arbor Michigan, born November Twelfth, Nine-teen-ninety-one, Male, Five foot Five inches, Eyes brown, no restrictions." He lists off the information word for word on the license as it has it turned to the agent, at least looking a little more assured in himself.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 06:55:02 PM »
"I'm going to have to ask you to cease and desist right there, ma'am," comes a voice out of nowhere in particular. Why has nobody noticed this man in the room before? Even now, it is as if one's concentration starts to wander when they look at the government agent - that's obviously what he is, right? - standing just beside the door. Black suit, white shirt, black tie, generic face - the epitome of unremarkable.
"City ordnance section three paragraph five states that conducting an unlicensed consultation service is due a fine to be later determined by court or city office under federal laws section twelve."
His voice leaves no doubt that everything he states is the absolute truth.
"Furthermore, the nineteen-forty-four pact as instituted by Franklin D. Roosevely prohibits the proliferation and instruction of magic, magick, sorcery, witchcraft, shamanism, voodoo, alchemy and theurgy to individuals under the age of twenty-one."
The agent glances in the direction of the clearly underage student.
"As such, I would request that this gentleman leave the premises immediately, and a fine might be waived under Cooperation Treaty laws appendix one paragraph two. Otherwise, the offender and the owner of the infringing consultation service might have to be placed under arrest pending investigation as per the Control of Dangerous Individuals act of nineteen-ninety-one, signed by George H. W. Bush, which, might I add," says the agent, looking over his darkened glasses, "is a far less lenient legislation."
"Do not try to contest this, as, under the eighteen-sixty-three Witchcraft Doctrine, all agents appointed by the federal government have the authority to respond to perceived threats with maximum force."

Hinako turns to the 'Federal Agent'.

"Well, you will be relieved to know that my operation is not a 'consultation', but an open job interview which is covered under the Fair Labor city ordinances, that allows employers working out of their domicile to conduct interviews within it. After all, this is nothing but a simple interview for a part-time position helping me out in my workshop. I have to get to know you better before I can make any decisions, do I not? Including one's personal  beliefs, religious beliefs, magickal beliefs, etcetera."

"And those laws that you cite.. they are strictly confidential, are they not? You could get into a lot of trouble telling people about those laws and confirming the Government's acknowledgement of the existence of Magick and all that other good stuff. Of course, you wouldn't get in trouble if you were just impersonating a federal agent, but then again that's something else you'd get in trouble for wouldn't it? "

The younger, nervous student gets up to his feet, several inches over five feet, the hooded sweater hangs more on him than him actually wearing it "I-I'm not under twenty-one sir..." He fusses, pulling out a fresh and unworn black leather wallet and swiftly pulls out a Driver's license, all his information in order.."Alexander Joseph Niten, eight-zero-nine East Kingsley Street, Ann Arbor Michigan, born November Twelfth, Nine-teen-ninety-one, Male, Five foot Five inches, Eyes brown, no restrictions." He lists off the information word for word on the license as it has it turned to the agent, at least looking a little more assured in himself.

"And see? This young man over here, even if everything you said was the absolute truth, is not engaging in any violations of the nature that you are proposing. So what's the problem? Loosen your tie and relax a bit, you're in good company. I'd offer you a hit from this bowl, but I have a feeling you would refuse it on principle."

She turns back to the nervous student.

"So Alexander (or do you prefer Alex?), yes I'm talking about the 'real stuff'. Does that mean anything to you? Real magick with a k?"

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »

"And see? This young man over here, even if everything you said was the absolute truth, is not engaging in any violations of the nature that you are proposing. So what's the problem? Loosen your tie and relax a bit, you're in good company. I'd offer you a hit from this bowl, but I have a feeling you would refuse it on principle."

She turns back to the nervous student.

"So Alexander (or do you prefer Alex?), yes I'm talking about the 'real stuff'. Does that mean anything to you? Real magick with a k?"

Alexander nods, letting out a sigh as he turns to Hinako, letting the Agent look over the license, "Ah...Alec really." He looks off to the side once more "Well I...I think something like this magick happened to me a few night ago." He looks down at the ground again, "T...there was this weird fuzzy thing, like a weird cat thing that showed up randomly in my apartment a few days ago, it just stared at me..." he swallows hard "I tried to get it out but it just ran off somewhere, so I went to sleep...next thing I know it's sitting on my chest when I woke up.  It disappeared again when I batted at it to go away." 

The nervous student looks around a bit, "It's been popping out from time to time, and sometimes when I try to get it to go away...well things just feel all off, things being heavier or lighter than usual, and one time a book was floating in air...but it stopped when I grabbed it..." He rubs his temples, "I thought I was going crazy or something was getting in the air to be honest."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 11:18:51 PM »
Alexander nods, letting out a sigh as he turns to Hinako, letting the Agent look over the license, "Ah...Alec really." He looks off to the side once more "Well I...I think something like this magick happened to me a few night ago." He looks down at the ground again, "T...there was this weird fuzzy thing, like a weird cat thing that showed up randomly in my apartment a few days ago, it just stared at me..." he swallows hard "I tried to get it out but it just ran off somewhere, so I went to sleep...next thing I know it's sitting on my chest when I woke up.  It disappeared again when I batted at it to go away." 

The nervous student looks around a bit, "It's been popping out from time to time, and sometimes when I try to get it to go away...well things just feel all off, things being heavier or lighter than usual, and one time a book was floating in air...but it stopped when I grabbed it..." He rubs his temples, "I thought I was going crazy or something was getting in the air to be honest."

"Mmm, I see. That does indeed sound problematic. It sounds like you're going through some.. changes. Some of which you have already noticed, and others that have yet to come."  Hinako glances at the Agent, with a hint of wariness crossing her face. "I wouldn't try to do anything hasty, Mr... Smith? We'll go with Smith. You are a fish out of water, I'm afraid."

She turns back to face Alec. "My guess is that there is more to this 'cat' than meets the eye, and it sounds like it has been following you for a reason. It is probably trying to guide you to realizing something. Do you have any guesses to what that realization might be?"

Fightest

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 11:26:49 PM »
[a gravity rush reference character? why the heck not!]

The agent scrutinizes the student's ID and, satisfied, hands it back.
"Everything is in order, here, sir, thank you for your co-operation."
The agent turns to the cocky owner, and coolly flips open his official identification. It does, almost expectedly, read his last name as Smith. His first is... Charlemagne? The unremarkableness seems to fade briefly, then reasserts itself as he starts speaking again.
"Under Government Action Transparency Accord of two-thousand-four, you will find that all information on the federal government's actions and laws regarding magic, magick, witchcraft, sorcery, voodoo et cetera, et cetera are entirely within the public domain. Should any member of the public learn to be able to read said documents, they are free to peruse them at their discretion."
After a few seconds' pause, the agent takes off his darkened glasses and loosens his posture, putting his ID back into a suit pocket.
"But you are entirely correct, ma'am, I was incorrect in my assessment. I will ensure my mistake is recorded and reported, that it would not occur again."
The agent scratches his nose, and for a moment, his unremarkable face seems to show a few features that were not there before - a mole here, a dimple there, a crooked tooth.
"Have you considered asking for the government's assistance in your supernatural issues? There are grants and rebates that can be offered as per the Cooperation Treaty, section eight."

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 12:48:12 AM »
"Mmm, I see. That does indeed sound problematic. It sounds like you're going through some.. changes. Some of which you have already noticed, and others that have yet to come."  Hinako glances at the Agent, with a hint of wariness crossing her face. "I wouldn't try to do anything hasty, Mr... Smith? We'll go with Smith. You are a fish out of water, I'm afraid."

She turns back to face Alec. "My guess is that there is more to this 'cat' than meets the eye, and it sounds like it has been following you for a reason. It is probably trying to guide you to realizing something. Do you have any guesses to what that realization might be?"

He shakes his head a little "I...I'm not sure...It never really made much noise, even when it moves." He closes his eyes hard and opens them again, "It...did show up in a dream once, I think, saying 'you have the potential'...at that point I really just, couldn't sleep well without knowing what it was really...as you can kinda tell..." He looks to the side once more.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 01:08:36 AM »
[a gravity rush reference character? why the heck not!]

The agent scrutinizes the student's ID and, satisfied, hands it back.
"Everything is in order, here, sir, thank you for your co-operation."
The agent turns to the cocky owner, and coolly flips open his official identification. It does, almost expectedly, read his last name as Smith. His first is... Charlemagne? The unremarkableness seems to fade briefly, then reasserts itself as he starts speaking again.
"Under Government Action Transparency Accord of two-thousand-four, you will find that all information on the federal government's actions and laws regarding magic, magick, witchcraft, sorcery, voodoo et cetera, et cetera are entirely within the public domain. Should any member of the public learn to be able to read said documents, they are free to peruse them at their discretion."
After a few seconds' pause, the agent takes off his darkened glasses and loosens his posture, putting his ID back into a suit pocket.
"But you are entirely correct, ma'am, I was incorrect in my assessment. I will ensure my mistake is recorded and reported, that it would not occur again."
The agent scratches his nose, and for a moment, his unremarkable face seems to show a few features that were not there before - a mole here, a dimple there, a crooked tooth.
"Have you considered asking for the government's assistance in your supernatural issues? There are grants and rebates that can be offered as per the Cooperation Treaty, section eight."

"Generally I advise the people I come cross to avoid governmental figures. Not necessarily referring to your type, but there are more than a fair share of people in high ranking positions of government that think magick is an abberation and should be eliminated from consensual reality entirely. They have their fingers in every pot, and it's best to stay out of their radar if you can help it."

She clears her throat.

"You, on the other hand, seem to operate on a somewhat different approach. What is your stance regarding those 'other' governmental figures? Does 'The Technocracy' mean anything to someone like you?"

He shakes his head a little "I...I'm not sure...It never really made much noise, even when it moves." He closes his eyes hard and opens them again, "It...did show up in a dream once, I think, saying 'you have the potential'...at that point I really just, couldn't sleep well without knowing what it was really...as you can kinda tell..." He looks to the side once more.

She reaches out and casually ruffles his hair. Although gloved, you can feel the soothing warmth of her hand on your scalp.

"You'll be fine, as long as you accept yourself and the path that you're being drawn towards. You can't be afraid to embrace your destiny when it comes time to make your decision. The truth is, the world is quite different than how it appears on the surface, and you're just beginning to be able to see the difference. "

"But don't worry, because everyone has to start somewhere! I think the first thing you should do is get some sleep. You seem pretty drained. I think this 'cat' of yours is more important than you realize, and you should work to understand its motives and potential as you understand these changes that are going on within you. It's a natural process and something you can't avoid, so the first thing that you need to do is accept change. Then everything can begin."

Her words resonate with you deeply. Your tiredness from having stayed up so late seems to catch up with you all at once, and the combination of hair ruffling and soothing words make it difficult to keep your eyes open. 

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 01:27:37 AM »
She reaches out and casually ruffles his hair. Although gloved, you can feel the soothing warmth of her hand on your scalp.

"You'll be fine, as long as you accept yourself and the path that you're being drawn towards. You can't be afraid to embrace your destiny when it comes time to make your decision. The truth is, the world is quite different than how it appears on the surface, and you're just beginning to be able to see the difference. "

"But don't worry, because everyone has to start somewhere! I think the first thing you should do is get some sleep. You seem pretty drained. I think this 'cat' of yours is more important than you realize, and you should work to understand its motives and potential as you understand these changes that are going on within you. It's a natural process and something you can't avoid, so the first thing that you need to do is accept change. Then everything can begin."

Her words resonate with you deeply. Your tiredness from having stayed up so late seems to catch up with you all at once, and the combination of hair ruffling and soothing words make it difficult to keep your eyes open. 

Alec presses his head a little into that gloved hand, nodding a little "I...I understand" He tries to not doze off on the spot, yet his eyes still droop before he slumps back into his chair.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 05:25:09 AM »
A woman sitting in the back row calls out to the agent in a flirtatious tone.

"Hey there handsome, we're all just here to have a fun time. Why don't you sit down and relax? Or shall I assist you in relaxing?"

The woman holds a devilish smile on her face while she uses her hand to brush her dyed blond and black hair. Her figure suggests she's in her late teens, but her blue eyes show a lot more experience of the world. She turns back to the woman in the front.

"You said your name was Hinoko, hun? The name's Mirai, but all my friends thought it'd be cute to call me Marie, so that's what I've stuck with my life."

Fightest

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
The agent's entire illusion seems to weaken when the woman in the back calls to him. He scrambles to straighten his tie and put back on his sunglasses, this little ritual seeming to strengthen the effect surrounding him.
"The Technocracy, ma'am? You should contact the appropriate representative of the federal government if you come in contact with an individual you suspect to be part of their organization. Their radical marginalization philosophy operates strictly against the Freedom Act Amendment of two-thousand. It is the federal government's official stance that such individuals' beliefs are inflammatory, and are not permitted to hold positions of power. I have no reason to believe things are otherwise."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »
Lucas tenses at the side of the government agent(?), but on seeing Hinako defuse the man he lets himself relax again. He murmurs something about 'the man' and 'freedom'.

"So would you say there's a general pattern to the weird shit that happens around you when you smoke? Do you vary what you intake depending on the sort of effects you'd like to occur, or something like that?"
"Well...sorta." Lucas waves his hand about. "There's always something a little different about how it looks. Different colours, textures, whatever. It's subtle, but I know enough to notice it. I think Esmerelda's picking stuff out for me, but she doesn't let me pick. It sorta comes with her stuff being so cheap.
She always gives me some sorta clue about what I'm in for, though. Like, one time she told me to walk a mile in someone else's shoes, and then I spent half an hour in my roommate's body. Then there was the time she said I was a massive dick, and..." He blushes. "Y'know what? Let's not talk about that one."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
Alec presses his head a little into that gloved hand, nodding a little "I...I understand" He tries to not doze off on the spot, yet his eyes still droop before he slumps back into his chair.

Reality starts to shimmer as you doze off, and Hinako's final words linger in your subconscience. "If you were a magical person, what kind of magical person would that look like? Try to come up with as vivid as an image as possible. The cut and color of your clothes, the way your clothes hang on your body, the sort of magic that a magical g## like yourself would be able to do. The instrument with which you affect reality."

As you rapidly plummet into the mists of sleep, your body feels weightless yet endlessly falling. Eventually, the falling sensation is gone as you realize you have finally hit 'the bottom'. The world is empty, save for a mirror that you can't help but look into. Within the reflection is that image that Hinako had guided you to generate.

And one other.  The reflection of the thing that you have been afraid to face all along is behind yours in the mirror.

[attach=1]

Do you turn around to look behind you where the magical creature might be if this reflection obeyed all the laws of physics? Or do you study your own appearance first?

A woman sitting in the back row calls out to the agent in a flirtatious tone.

"Hey there handsome, we're all just here to have a fun time. Why don't you sit down and relax? Or shall I assist you in relaxing?"

The woman holds a devilish smile on her face while she uses her hand to brush her dyed blond and black hair. Her figure suggests she's in her late teens, but her blue eyes show a lot more experience of the world. She turns back to the woman in the front.

"You said your name was Hinoko, hun? The name's Mirai, but all my friends thought it'd be cute to call me Marie, so that's what I've stuck with my life."

"Hinako. Close enough. Nice to meet you Marie." She extends a hand in greeting, and offers her the next pass of herbs.

"So what brings you here, I might ask? Are you interested in a part-time job? I have all kinds of tasks that need doing, suited to your particular.. skillset. Of course, that all depends on what you'd be willing and able to do."

The agent's entire illusion seems to weaken when the woman in the back calls to him. He scrambles to straighten his tie and put back on his sunglasses, this little ritual seeming to strengthen the effect surrounding him.
"The Technocracy, ma'am? You should contact the appropriate representative of the federal government if you come in contact with an individual you suspect to be part of their organization. Their radical marginalization philosophy operates strictly against the Freedom Act Amendment of two-thousand. It is the federal government's official stance that such individuals' beliefs are inflammatory, and are not permitted to hold positions of power. I have no reason to believe things are otherwise."

"I see. How do you determine whether or not you're talking to 'the appropriate representative'? You I take it?" She smiles.

"The Technocracy has stepped up their game in recent months. I have a hunch that they were behind this recent election result, and it has become a bit more dangerous to live in this city since the 'Federal Government' has started to crack down on 'drugs'." The scarequotes in the air around key terms seems almost palpable by the way that she intonates the words, independent of the fact that she gestures the quotes with her fingers.

Lucas tenses at the side of the government agent(?), but on seeing Hinako defuse the man he lets himself relax again. He murmurs something about 'the man' and 'freedom'.
"Well...sorta." Lucas waves his hand about. "There's always something a little different about how it looks. Different colours, textures, whatever. It's subtle, but I know enough to notice it. I think Esmerelda's picking stuff out for me, but she doesn't let me pick. It sorta comes with her stuff being so cheap.
She always gives me some sorta clue about what I'm in for, though. Like, one time she told me to walk a mile in someone else's shoes, and then I spent half an hour in my roommate's body. Then there was the time she said I was a massive dick, and..." He blushes. "Y'know what? Let's not talk about that one."

"Interesting. Now, would you say that you met Esmerelda around the time this weird stuff started to occur? Or did you meet her afterwards?" She pauses to think of what to say next. "And.. have you considered the possibility that she's been giving you placebos, and your mind is the one producing these effects on your own?"

Fightest

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 02:09:07 PM »
"I see. How do you determine whether or not you're talking to 'the appropriate representative'? You I take it?" She smiles.

"The Technocracy has stepped up their game in recent months. I have a hunch that they were behind this recent election result, and it has become a bit more dangerous to live in this city since the 'Federal Government' has started to crack down on 'drugs'." The scarequotes in the air around key terms seems almost palpable by the way that she intonates the words, independent of the fact that she gestures the quotes with her fingers.

"Yes, ma'am, in the absence of an appointed official I am authorized to speak as a representative of the Supernatural Branch. As such, I want to assure you that the government wants nothing but the best for its citizens. If a breach of protocol has occurred during police activity, that is a very serious offense. I will report your comments to my superiors and ensure that an independent investigation is carried out if such is warranted."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 03:36:12 PM »
"Yes, ma'am, in the absence of an appointed official I am authorized to speak as a representative of the Supernatural Branch. As such, I want to assure you that the government wants nothing but the best for its citizens. If a breach of protocol has occurred during police activity, that is a very serious offense. I will report your comments to my superiors and ensure that an independent investigation is carried out if such is warranted."

"Breaches of protocol are the name of the game these days. Police activity at a whole is up, partially because the local and Federal government are at each others throats regarding medicinal marijuana. Legitimate dispensaries are being shut down on a regular basis. The local police force is having a hard time keeping up with the Feds and their technomagick."

"That's part of why I gathered you all here. Well, in your case," she turns to address Charlemange, "that's why I put in a request to your superiors to send a capable agent to take under my wing."

"We live in increasingly unlikely times, which requires an equivalently unlikely band of heroes. Something big is going down, everyone can feel it in their bones. Forces of light, darkness, and everything in between are mobilizing.  Everything that lurks in the darkness has upped their game, so to speak."

Hinako lights a clove cigarette and takes a drag.

"Of course, there's still day-to-day life to deal with. Platitudes of saving the world aside, I understand we all still need to make ends meet. Which is why I'm not opposed to lining your pockets for your efforts. The exact form of my repayment can be negotiated. I'd be more than happy to show you a thing or two, if you're game. So what do you have to say about that?" Himiko says to no one in particular.

Fightest

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 05:04:41 PM »
[Christ, was about to start my post with a chevron. Bloody Quests.]

"I was sent to investigate possible supernatural misbehavior, but I was not informed that there would be a civilian contact. I will have to submit paperwork regarding official co-operation. If you do not mind, that is, ma'am - it would make legislation much clearer on many matters."
The agent's expression grows stern.
"If, however, secretarial and enforcement issues are as bad as you say, then it is clear that the local authorities will need consultation on proper procedure, and I will have to investigate breaches of protocol in the action of other federal agents in the area."
Charlemagne's expression softens, and he takes off his sunglasses again.
"I'm just doing my job, ma'am, so I cannot accept any recompensation from you. I would be grateful, however, if you agreed to become an officially-registered source - for this operation solely, of course and to make sure," he stresses, "to refer civilians who are having legal trouble with state or federal authority to me first of all. A lot of problems occur when citizens are unaware of the breadth of rights they are given, you see. I am very familiar with legislation, both modern and historical, and should be able to assist them, provided their qualms are legitimate."

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »
[Oh son of a bitch Anthy should have told me about this sooner, I'm always game for oWoD. SONS OF ETHER HO! Also, heyo Nobu, Rou, and Fightest]

Someone, the gender impossible to determine behind an array of charred and grease stained  rags probably intended to protect the face from... well, what's currently covering them, to be quite frank, not to mention a leather jacket and gloves. "Bwah, sorry." s/he looks up from something she was tinkering with. "Was distracted. Elenore Meade, at your service." A strand of red hair can barely be seen. Well, the name and voice if anything would appear to confirm it as female. Probably.

She(?) sets down the device. "I dislike the description of Ether Science as magic... but... ah well." A pair of astonishingly clean (and oddly normal) glasses are slipped out from somewhere on her person and settled atop what can be seen of her nose. "I apologize for my poor sense of dress but I was in the middle of some important work when I became aware of this. Science doesn't perform itself you know." She sighs.

"Anyhow... you have my attention now. I've finished my last few calibrations..."
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.