Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Rumia Quest V Cont: Everything comes together  (Read 32671 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
[COMPLETE] Rumia Quest V Cont: Everything comes together
« on: November 13, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »
Previous thread: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13381.990.html

(Gonna need a new thread yo.)

>"Alright, I'll let you get First Card, okay? Then after yours is beaten or runs out, I'll use mine."

> "I thought you would want the chance to wear me down first." Yorihime says, before she flicks the card in her hand.

> "Lunar Ritual: Offerings to Jarilo"  Yorhime declares [Note: Jarilo is from Slavic Mythology, and is the God of the Moon, who is also linked with War and Harvest]

> Three while lines cross the danmaku field that forms, along it's longitude.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:34:35 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Rumia Quest V Cont: Everything comes together
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 07:09:04 PM »
>Grin. "More fun this way. That way you'll have a bit more leeway when my card comes up."
>Let's keep an eye on the lines, and get ready to dodge anything that pops up. But keep away from the lines though.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 07:21:13 PM »
>Grin. "More fun this way. That way you'll have a bit more leeway when my card comes up."
>Let's keep an eye on the lines, and get ready to dodge anything that pops up. But keep away from the lines though.

> You watch the lines, and a couple of seconds after they appear, massive amounts of silver danmaku bloom from them, moving away from the line they came from, before the lines fade.

> Three more lines, this time going from the top-left side of the field, to the bottom-right, form.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 07:30:05 PM »
>Let's focus on the gaps between the bullets, and read ahead as best we can while laying down a barrage of our usual anti-spellcard shots.
>And, as before, mind the lines.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 08:15:02 PM »
>Let's focus on the gaps between the bullets, and read ahead as best we can while laying down a barrage of our usual anti-spellcard shots.
>And, as before, mind the lines.

> You try to evade, but it's not exactly easy.

> As the wave from the line closest to you subsides, the line below you's wave arrives, and the three lines just formed erupt too. Three vertical lines form immediately after, and you guess it will be about 2 seconds until those erupt too.

> This card sure doesn't let up! That said, it is Yorihime.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »
>Sheesh, she's got a good one! But, that said, we did already 'beat the final boss', so folks like this are always gonna be strong.
>So we're gonna have to go all out on the dodging!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
>Sheesh, she's got a good one! But, that said, we did already 'beat the final boss', so folks like this are always gonna be strong.
>So we're gonna have to go all out on the dodging!

> What was it Kogasa called fights like this? Bonus Boss? Extra Stage? Who knows. You don't pay much attention to the Karakasa when she's clearly breaking the fourth wall.

> The orientation of the lines changes in an anti-clockwise direction every wave, and the danmaku gets thicker and thicker as it piles on, until it returns to the intial point, the 8th wave, and stops, a moment's respite.

> A line then connects the four corners and four sides of the field, splitting the area into eight.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 10:18:21 PM »
>Oh boy. This is gonna be nasty. Let's get ready to dodge like mad!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:19 PM »
>Oh boy. This is gonna be nasty. Let's get ready to dodge like mad!

> The lines burst into silver danmaku, each a *little* less dense when when it was three lines, but still adding up, and the omnidirectional nature does not help in the slightest.

> You dodge as well as you can, but take quite a few hits regardless.

> Yorihime's spell cancels after that wave.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 10:38:26 PM »
>"Phew...Man, that was a rough one. It's my turn now, so here's a blast from the past. Two years past to be exact! 'Battle That Scarred The Moon'!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 11:38:35 PM »
>"Phew...Man, that was a rough one. It's my turn now, so here's a blast from the past. Two years past to be exact! 'Battle That Scarred The Moon'!"

> You declare your spellcard, the Yorihime looks with contempt as you for the giant sphere of dark energy over your head.

> "Of course, for you that is a point of celebration." she says, attempting to hide her scorn for this sight, but failing to do so.

> Many types of danmaku start flying from the orb, some random, some aimed, some homing. Yorihime moves with speed that you came to expect of her, and evades most of it, taking a couple of grazes as well. She attempts to counter-attack with some sword-waves, but they can't get through, so she just focuses on evasion.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 12:20:56 AM »
>"Ain't every day someone manages to knock you guys down after all, A rare event like that generally ends up as a spellcard."
>Let's keep it up!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 12:43:33 AM »
>"Ain't every day someone manages to knock you guys down after all, A rare event like that generally ends up as a spellcard."
>Let's keep it up!

> The annoyance turns into a scowl, and Yorihime speeds up.

> Eventually, the card gets to the 'thirty second' point, and the dark sphere starts drifting downwards, giving Yorihime less and less room to maneuver.

> Just before the spell times out, Yorihime gets hit a couple of times, once by a dark energy orb, and the second time by a normal danmaku shot. The spell then times out, as Yorihime looks annoyed at the spots she was hit.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 05:51:22 PM »
>Grin slightly. "It was fun having a little rematch with you. Someday we'll have to have a serious spellcard match. I've got a lot more cards that I didn't have the first time, this was just one of 'em."
>Pause.
>Then fistpalm "I got it! A Spellcard Tournament between Gensokyo, Makai, and the Moon! Ooh! This is a great idea! I'm filled with great ideas today!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 06:13:44 PM »
>Grin slightly. "It was fun having a little rematch with you. Someday we'll have to have a serious spellcard match. I've got a lot more cards that I didn't have the first time, this was just one of 'em."
>Pause.
>Then fistpalm "I got it! A Spellcard Tournament between Gensokyo, Makai, and the Moon! Ooh! This is a great idea! I'm filled with great ideas today!"

> "The question is, was that your best, because that wasn't mine..." Yorihime says, before she vanishes into a portal, which then closes.

> "EEEEIIIIIRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNN!" you hear from inside, quieter than usual.

> "I think that means she's done all she can." Eirin says.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 06:15:14 PM »
>Nod. "Let's go in and see how things are then."
>Let's go!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 08:14:16 PM »
>Nod. "Let's go in and see how things are then."
>Let's go!

> You follow Eirin inside, back to her lab.

> Yumemi is still unconcuious, however, when Eirin examines her, she nods.

> "Remember how it took you a week to wake up after stopping that nuclear explosion? Well, Yumemi's gonna take longer. She has no energy, that that will only recover with time. But she will live at least now."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 08:19:42 PM »
>"Exactly how long are we talkin' here? Weeks? Months? Years?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
>If she's going to be out that long, we're going to need to get Rika to turn off the machine in Makai and wake Shinki up
>Wait, if Shinki's awake she can speed up time again and wake up Yumemi!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »
>"Exactly how long are we talkin' here? Weeks? Months? Years?"

> "Not sure. At least two weeks, could be longer. Remember, you're a high-level youkai, she's pretty much human, although since she's from another dimension she's not *quite*." Eirin explains.

>If she's going to be out that long, we're going to need to get Rika to turn off the machine in Makai and wake Shinki up
>Wait, if Shinki's awake she can speed up time again and wake up Yumemi!

> It looks like it, but convincing Rika to help Makai is gonna be an issue. Hell, finding Rika is gonna be an issue. That said, Yumemi isn't there to stop Yumeko this time either.

> It was actually a side-effect of Yumeko's space-shenanigans which messed with time, but, regardless, Shinki should be able to restore Yumemi pretty quickly, seeing as, well, she's Shinki. In Makai. Pretty much the only things she can't do are things she doesn't allow herself to do, which are messing with someone's soul, will, or outright invoking death.

> Speaking of time, Sakuya may of be use. you're not too sure if you want Kaguya to make an Eternity pass over Yumemi, that *might* kill her of age.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:09:51 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 09:17:35 PM »
>Yeah, though hopefully Yumeko can do it without the whole exploding thing Rika warned us about
>But it is in Makai anyway and Shinki can make it not explode...right?
>We should probably go ask her.
>Anyway..."Well if she just needs time now, if we get her to Shinki she could wake her up! With her out of it they probably broke the machine in Makai by now."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 09:22:39 PM »
>Well, Shinki did mess with a soul once, but that was an emergency measure to save Yumeko.
>"And I should probably get Yukari to do something about the smaller absorbers Rika managed to get too. Just to avert anything messy in the future. We already nearly lost some of my friends who evolved to bein' Sprites after all. I'd rather not deal with more magic-drainin' stuff again."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 09:30:12 PM »
>Yeah, though hopefully Yumeko can do it without the whole exploding thing Rika warned us about
>But it is in Makai anyway and Shinki can make it not explode...right?
>We should probably go ask her.
>Anyway..."Well if she just needs time now, if we get her to Shinki she could wake her up! With her out of it they probably broke the machine in Makai by now."

> You get the feeling that if Shinki could have stopped the machine herself she would have. That said, she can probably stop it exploding.

> If you want to go to Makai, you'll need to see Alice, so she can use Arctic and Antarctic to open the portal to her old home, and from there go through Yuki and Mai's realm, and find the portal to Pandemonium itself.

>Well, Shinki did mess with a soul once, but that was an emergency measure to save Yumeko.
>"And I should probably get Yukari to do something about the smaller absorbers Rika managed to get too. Just to avert anything messy in the future. We already nearly lost some of my friends who evolved to bein' Sprites after all. I'd rather not deal with more magic-drainin' stuff again."

> She didn't mess with a soul, if Yumeko didn't have the will to live burn so strongly, Shinki wouldn't have been able to do anything. Shinki made an artificial body and guided Yumeko's soul to it. She did nothing to Yumeko's soul.

> "Don't worry about that." Eirin says with a small smirk. "You and Kaguya were the only ones to leave, right?"

---

> Two hours ago:

> You are Hatate Himekaidou. You've just witnessed one of the best danmaku fights you've seen, while a mad scientist dangerous to all youkai got her mitts on technology that can absorb magic.

> Rumia, Kaguya and Yukari have just left with Yumemi viva gap, but the story isn't quite over yet. You're not a moron, you know it would be dangerous for the Tengu to let Rika have access to Yumemi's absorption technology... or at least let her have it without the Kappa having any to make a countermeasure.

> Also here are Yuki, Mai, Remilia, Flandre, and Sakuya. You're not too sure about the status of the last, seeing as she collapsed due to exhaustion a few minutes ago.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »
>Let's review what we can do now that the absorber's down.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 10:20:41 PM »
>Let's review what we can do now that the absorber's down.

> You abilities are:

> You are a greater Crow Tengu, which gives you a freakish top speed, only surpassed by Aya in the Tengu village [Although by quite a lot], and, of course, Lord Tenma. You are more than capable of reaching beyond Hypersonic [Mach 2+] speeds for short bursts, and can maintain Supersonic speeds for extended periods. You also have significant strength and durability compared to most youkai, although nowhere near an Oni or a Vampire, and good intellect too. You also have fast reactions as a side-effect from your speed.

> You also have the power of Spirit Photography, which allows you to see far, far further away then any other being, by focusing, and 'zooming' your sight in one a location, before taking a mental photo, which is transferred to your camera. While doing this you are defenseless.

> As a byproduct of your psychic-based spirit photography, you also have a couple of other minor psychic powers, mainly based on illusions which are aided by your speed. Your personal favorite is creating four images of yourself in different colors.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 06:01:24 AM »
>The small one and the big one are both off, right?
>If so, zip in and grab them before Rika can react, then zip away again so she can't hit us.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »
>The small one and the big one are both off, right?
>If so, zip in and grab them before Rika can react, then zip away again so she can't hit us.

> The big one is off, but you're not sure if the small one is off or just de-activated. Either way, your speed is not magical.

> However, you're not too sure if you can move faster than Rika can react, seeing as she's a machine.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »
>What do we know about the ones currently with us aside from Rika?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 10:38:50 PM »
>What do we know about the ones currently with us aside from Rika?

> You know Remilia Scarlet is very powerful, as what people consider one of the 'Big 5' Youkai in Gensokyo, and is an exceptionally powerful Vampire.

> The 'Big 5' are prolific, powerful Youkai. Specifically, they are Yuuka, Remilia, Yukari, Byakuren and Lord Tenma. Some are starting to call it the 'Big Six' nowadays, because of Rumia, although she doesn't know this yet. Yuugi and Sukia are already revered as 'Deva' and others such as Yuyuko, Kanako and Eirin, are not strictly Youkai, while ones such as Flandre and Utusho are not prolific and well-known. Everyone has heard of the 'Big 5' and few would want to get on their bad side.

> You're not sure about Flandre other than what you've heard from Aya, she's powerful, used to be insane but got fixed, and is highly dangerous. Oh, and she's Remilia's sister.

> You know pretty much everything in regards to Sakuya's fighting potential.

> You know nothing about Yuki and Mai, except they are Magicians. You don't even know if they're technically Demons, and native to Makai, or Magicians who live in Makai due to the greater magical energy.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 10:43:49 PM »
>Let's try slipping over to Remilia and the others in a way that seems like we're playing things normally.
>Then, in a quiet voice, just low enough for them and only them to hear; "So, got any ideas on how to take care of the Absorbers that Rika's managed to get? I don't need to say how bad it'll be if she gets away with those."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!