Author Topic: RPG Mafia Thread (Current game: Rewrite Mafia)  (Read 70716 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
RPG Mafia Thread (Current game: Rewrite Mafia)
« on: October 31, 2012, 06:01:56 AM »
General thread for mafia signups. Whether to play or mod, do it here.

Quote from: Queue
A Scummy Game of Mafia: Kitten4u (Co:?)
Town Mafia: Zakeri (Co:PX)
I Wanna Be The Sereliest: Serela(Co:?)
Grandmaster: ActionDan (Co:?)
Phantom: Omba (Co:?)
Rewrite: Dormio (Co:?)
Popcorn 2: capth (Co:?)
Mirai Nikki: Shadoweh (Co: Kitten4u)
Tsukihime Or Something: Affinity (Co: ?)
Welcome to Planet Mafiavoter: Edible (Co: Edible)
An Untitled Mafia: huhwhat (Co:?)
Lesbians Mafia: PX (Co:?)
Land of Effortposter: BT (Co:?)
TBD Mafia: IHNN (Co:?)
TBD Mafia 2- the revengence: Raitaki (Co:?)
Dangan Ronpa Mafia: Conqueror (Co:?)
Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia: Schezo (Co:?)
MegaMan Battle Network Mafia: Kilgamayan (Co:?)
Object Mafia: Bardiche (Co:?)
TBD Mafia 3: SCUM EVERYWHERE: Raikaria (Co:?)
Villains Anonymafia 2: super long subtitle: NNR (Co?)
Strikethrough means the game is on hold.  If the mod would like to run their game it takes priority as it is highest on the queue.

Quote from: Yellow cards
Clean slate for now!
Quote from: Red cards
Please no one end up here

Game info and player lists will be updated here as necessary.

Handy tools:
My vote count spreadsheet Link
Polaris votecount thing Conq linked a while back...or something like that.
Mafia archive

Current game signups post: Here

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: RPG Mafia Thread (player-run version)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 06:08:06 AM »
First.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 06:10:19 AM »
OP sucks.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 06:16:54 AM »
Add me on queue for Lesbians Mafia

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 06:19:10 AM »
Add me on queue for Lesbians Mafia

Is it THAT Lesbians Mafia?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 06:41:46 AM »
/pre in for Lesbians Mafia

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 08:33:05 AM »
My, my, eight whole games until my Mafia game (not counting on hold)
with a 3 week average per game...

That's 6 months to wait for it. Quite a long time. Hopefully it will be worth it, eh?
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 12:30:29 PM »
Thread title is redundant.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »
Thread title is redundant.

Go update monopoly

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 05:10:58 PM »
I like the idea of using another board for anon-games. Additional perk: Games on that board won't be bound by this forum's rules so what level of politeness is required would be solely up to the mod.

Shadoweh

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »
I like the idea of using another board for anon-games. Additional perk: Games on that board won't be bound by this forum's rules so what level of politeness is required would be solely up to the mod.
No matter how polite we want to be no one is going to enjoy Cirno Bloody Milkshake Mafia except you

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 06:56:06 PM »
i would ordinarily think omba's post is unnecessry and retarded but given that i'm currently dealing with a dude on another forum posting self-righteous rants because another player addressed him while using the word "fuck" like, once, i kind of appreciate it

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 08:41:15 PM »
The last game isn't even OFFICIALLY OVER (signups are not starting until postgame discussion is roughly over at the least) but I might as well mention that since IT MIGHT BE ANONYMAFIA  (as long as there isn't a bunch of people who don't want to /in due to such) don't go /in'ing inthread or anything because I know there's several people who just instantly /in and stuff etc

but yeah don't start trying to pm me with /ins either until I officially announce signups please. Also I already have a lovely comod whose identity shall be withheld for the sake of anonymafia guessing shenanigans.

Also might as well note it's 13p role madness but the RM part is toned down a lot from my last setup (again) with pumped up flavor shenanigans instead. Prophecy actually went pretty well apart from non-setup-related issues anyway, but it's just that I realized as the game was in progress "Man... all these roles make town really goddamn strong if they end up used well", so, it shouldn't be nearly as intense. I like to think I've kind of hit a balance with this where it can be filled with roles but they don't drastically impact the game. And, there shouldn't be any risk of it going into silliness like PX's game. (This doesn't mean it's Functional Vanilla role madness mafia like Shadoweh's game, I definitely didn't go that far.)

I also have been collecting a ton of images to use with the flavor :D (But instead, I haven't quite written rolepms yet. I wrote them all at the last minute in my last two setups anyway, so this shouldn't be an issue. As long as my co-mod doesn't have to rewrite half of them again *Coughcough* But yeah, I work well in last-minute-panic mode. I did my entire senior paper on the day it was due :D)

cut by oh god I would be so afraid of that game
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(And then the post wasn't posted for a long time so some of what I said is outdated)

Another matter of whether the game is anonymafia or not is whether K4U would be okay with constructing said forum sometime during the next week or two. (A short break wouldn't be bad) Signups can open now I guess (Huh, there wasn't really a whole lot of postgame discussion this time), but at least for now while it's still very possibly going to be Anonymafia, please do it in private PMs or IRC.

As for your account/avatar for the anonymafia, there are 19 prepared avatars to select from, as seen here by clicking on this link(Link broken, see actual signups post)Some of the names are PRETTY STUPID and were just to throw something down there, and you can totally request some other name (Although there is specific flavor prepared for many of them imagewise, so Shirley Temple is still Shirley Temple even if the account has a different name, etc) The reason there is several Serela avatars is because I'm lazy this is I Want To Be The Sereliest Mafia, purely because of the ~*~faaaaabulous~*~ly stupid flavor I can get away with for such a topic (I'm not trying to be self-centered I swear), and it's going to be styled after Shadoweh's I Want To Be The Townest flavor-wise.

0/13 signed up. (Note:This is no longer the signups post, look a few lower down) Choice of LOVELY CONTESTANTS Still Available: [REDACTED, see actual signups post] . Roles may be flavor-worded to the chosen avatar but this isn't like my first setup where each role is specifically tailored to the account you choose. If signups don't work out I'll just run it in non-anonymafia form. Game is modconfirmed to be masonless, with the definition of mason being two or more paired players who are each modconfirmed town to eachother. Also no jesters etc but that goes w/o saying I imagine

I juuust got called to leave for work, so I'm going to post this and then go get ready. I can clean this mess of a post up later (also answer questions etc). This also means I can't cross out chosen stuff/say how many signed up etc for a while so yeah.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:42:25 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 08:45:11 PM »
tl;dr

/out

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 08:45:19 PM »
You could just make a throwaway forum somewhere, like Jcink or something

Isn't hard, and it's free.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 08:57:28 PM »
yeah that's basically the plan

anyway poof
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 01:52:18 AM »
Okay, less messy version now that I'm back from work.

Signups Post for I Wanna Be The Sereliest, 13p Role Madness Anonymafia. The Role Madness is tuned down significantly in comparison to my last setup P.Prophecy, again, and there should be no worries of it turning into silly "game the setup" shenanigans. Flavor will be extremely silly (By far the main reason I'd pick such a dumb setting like that), and there will be lots of pictures (some animated), along with some vaguely relevant day events similar to I Want To Be The Towniest (Shadoweh's setup). The game is confirmed to have no mason roles, with mason defined as two town players whose alignments are both modconfirmed to eachother, regardless of having a QT or not.

If getting enough signups fail, then the game will be run as normal non-anonymafia instead. Assuming anonymafia goes through, a board will be set up purely for anonymafia hosting in order for the game to be held. Details pending, but K4U has talked about helping with that! Don't worry, the process is intended to be as non-complicated as possible for the players o: You won't even have to worry about posting with the right account anymore.

11/13 Signups  Current remaining selection of LOVELY CONTESTANTS: http://puu.sh/1ncqG (Updated recently w/more avatars; please see post 74 for Kyary Pamyu details)

Account names are open to be changed at player's suggestion before game starts, some are just terrible, terrible placeholders. Please PM me on here or in IRC with your contestant selection to sign up. If you want to just leave the selection up to me that's okay too, since some of them have more flavor prepared then others, but I'll probably cross out like half of them out once there's only a couple left if that actually becomes an issue, which it probably won't. So don't worry about it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:39:41 PM by Serela »

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »
i would ordinarily think omba's post is unnecessry and retarded but given that i'm currently dealing with a dude on another forum posting self-righteous rants because another player addressed him while using the word "fuck" like, once, i kind of appreciate it
Well, I only skimmed over the last game so I have no idea how much impact the loss of preferential treatment for mafia games here actually had in that regard.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: RPG Mafia Thread (Current game: I Wanna Be The Sereliest)
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 09:14:13 PM »
Eh, I'm not up for Role Madness, I'll just watch.

Although I'm up for Co-Hosting if our timezones agree so that it's convenient.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 09:14:32 PM »
hey i checked this game it's great and i highly recommend everybody /in for it

js

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 04:01:17 PM »
Avatar Selection From Your Nightmares Mafia
I don't think I could take people posting with half those avatars seriously.  :ohdear:

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »
If anyone isn't /in-ing just because of the avatars I can get DIFFERENT ones, it's not -that- big of a deal :V

That's part of the atmosphere, in any case.

AND MITT ROMNEY IS TOTALLY SERIOUS BUSINESS uhhhhhh maybe

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 06:16:34 PM »
Some of the avatars are cute. Surprised nobody took Kogasa yet.

Shadoweh

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
Avatar Selection From Your Nightmares Mafia
I don't think I could take people posting with half those avatars seriously.  :ohdear:
This could explain alot about Serela you know since they're all his avatars

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »
Needs more Poya Aaa

I decree that every post should contain a :C in 36 pt font

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
fuck it. /in

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 09:25:32 PM »
Please PM me on here or in IRC with your contestant selection to sign up.
You are so good at this Dan.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 09:54:08 PM »
This could explain alot about Serela you know since they're all his avatars

I suddenly had the horrifying revelation that at least half of you jokers will try to roleplay as Serela in this game.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.