Author Topic: Pictures of Birds Mafia - Game Over  (Read 47484 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: pictures of birds mafia - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2012, 02:52:08 AM »
Hilariously, I think I actually want to keep my vote on Zak except in kind of a serious manner, but I can't really blame him for not seeming to say much that matters (Which is why I want to) because... the game is still barely at the point of using logic that matters

A votecount would be kind of cool since at the time of the last one there was practically just one vote on everyone, and we have less then 24 hours left now, so it's getting to That Time Of The Day where we need to actually kind of... reach a decision.

End of day rush should start happening NOW instead of in 12 more hours or so, because then maybe based on how people act there, something that's more useful for scumhunting might pop up? >_> Instead of just... everyone jumping on someone towards the end of the day for the sake of getting a lynch at all. And then we go into d2 without much info.

Not interested in the NNR lynch suggestion. ...it's hard to post when MotK keeps not wanting to load a page whenever I decide I need to look at page 2 again. And I reread page 2 and it's mostly either non-disagreeable play or people voting eachother over pointless silly things, which isn't surprising because it's PAGE TWO so yeah.

...yeah I think I'm going to keep voting Zak :I
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2012, 02:58:12 AM »
Psst what about Raikaria, what do you think of him

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2012, 03:06:47 AM »
So, who wants to go back to voting Serela?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2012, 03:30:24 AM »
Psst what about Raikaria, what do you think of him
not good, wouldn't exactly mind lynching, but I don't really think she's actually scum either so I'm not particularly interested, seems more like an easy mislynch for scum to me then anything else imo
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2012, 03:37:32 AM »
Polaris: So basically you misunderstood, okay. :V

##Unvote
##Vote: NekoNekoRex

I can dig a NNR wagon.

noname's post makes me frown
which post?
votes on raikaria make me frown too, I guess
why?
like conq's posts. Then again I always like conq's posts.
Why? I've barely said anything this game and you didn't mention anything about my posts.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2012, 03:39:24 AM »
PX is my strongest townread.

(I never thought I'd say that in a mafia game).

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2012, 03:43:38 AM »
EBWODP: My opinion on Raikaria is that I'm not going to pretend I can read him seeing last game. Wouldn't be adverse to a lynch but don't know how much of his play is just due to playstyle etc.

I don't get Shadoweh's beef with IHNN especially as her latest post was attacking Raikaria instead of IHNN. Shadoweh, what are you doing?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2012, 03:58:21 AM »
k I have some free time now so before I replace out I might as well try and do stuff (also if no replacement is found I'm stuck here so there's that too)

I see no reasons to vote Serela.
I see no reason to continue voting Shadoweh honestly, so ##Unvote

Content!post coming within an hour then sleep.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2012, 04:17:13 AM »
Problem?
Actually, yes.  You have 2 posts, that's one of them.  The other votes hero (who only has one post but that is useful).
I would vote you but that wouldn't get any support, especially since this game I'm vulnerable to that approach.  Please post stuff soon so I can twist it around to vote you get an accurate read.

I can see where the NNR wagon is coming from and kind of support it.
Additionally (I counted) this ##Vote: NNR brings him to L-2.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2012, 04:24:34 AM »
Nice to see MotK hasn't changed in the one game I was absent in. I still make weird D1 posts, I still attract wagons.

No you're not. You're entitled to be accountable for every single one of your posts. You wanting to just post for the sake of posting and saying "it's RVS, you can't hold it against me" is an anti-town stance, as you're not taking seriously and not trying to find scum.
I'm about as likely to find scum in the first hour of the game as my waifu Dejiko is to become a real, actual, living person.

What now? Stop putting words on mouth, I never said it was RVS posting. You're still trying to get others to dismiss your posts under RVS, and that is not something I like.

I was completely seriously the entire game. I simply chose Serela because he's most likely to be a liability for LyLo, he's polarizing, and it doesn't take much convincing for people to jump on him. If people bandwagon'd without reasons, then call them out as scum for it instead of telling people to go around voting everyone. I'd rather have everyone voting two people than what the last votecount showed, everybody in a giant circle which provides little. With bandwagons, you can analyze wagon positions and reasons why people are voting.
So you're trying to get a policy lynch on Serela because of meta? That's seriously your only reason? And you're serious about this? What happened to actual scumhunting?

Why are you taking a post in the Random Voting Stage so seriously? Why not jump on the bullshit posts that people made before you declared a policy lynch an hour into the day?

Raikaria is right. It's RVS shenanigans. It doesn't amount to anything. Do you need a reason I voted Conq instead of Serela? How about "Because he has/had the same chance of flipping scum as anyone else did at that point in the game"

I'm sick because I ate a metric ton of sugar for no reason in my D&D session tonight so I'm going to bed and getting to the rest of the game tomorrow.

cut: so do I really need to claim now less then 24 hours into the game? This is ridiculous.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2012, 04:30:06 AM »
Actually, yes.
Too bad, busy.

Anyway.
##Unvote
##Vote Serela

Current thoughts on PX, Serela?
And why Zakeri over everyone else?

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2012, 04:43:01 AM »
Ralkaria's protracted response thread is irritating, but I guess one can lump him into the same forgettable pile as Dormio and co now.  Like Conq, I can't tell if it's genuine cluelessness or not, and there are probably better people to go for today.  Of course, if we had multiple lynches today, I would endorse lynching Dormio, Serela, Nameless and Ralkaria at one shot, but Mafia is only as good as its townies at any given time.

I don't like the NNR wagon; when people who were originally buttting heads with each other (Polaris, PX) heap lethargically on the same easy target, something is up.  Not that I can disagree with what has been raised against him, but when he has refrained from going after PX when it was cool and went after me instead, I think he's not bad as of yet.

===

##Unvote
##Vote: Zakeri

I suppose out of forgettable people, Zakeri is the guy to look out for.  His reason for voting Ralkaria is invalid since Ralkaria admitted his mistake and answered my question, but he doesn't address this in his next post. 

He does prod NNR decently on obvious things, but his blurb on only Serela wasting time feels like content-spinning when so many others at that point in time (e.g Dormio, Nameless) were in similar positions. 

In the end Zakeri's vote seems like a votepark, and his NNR blurb a possible link to switch over when needed. 

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2012, 05:21:00 AM »
Dormio:PX is being out there enough that I would dislike a lynch on him today, as scum he's more super lurky then anything. Not that he can't be scum, but the stuff he's doing now definitely doesn't make him look like it

Zakeri's posts seem like... forgettable as Affinity said? He does a small poke on a few small things and mostly has posted fluff or content that's unimportant. He doesn't explicitly feel like scum, but it's worse then anyone -else- I'm seeing, so it's where I'd place my bets right now.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2012, 06:27:52 AM »
Been sleeping, now awake.

@Raikaria: In that case, why didn't you take any issue with that facet of Polaris' post, which you should have disagreed with by all accounts?

For the same reason as I already stated. RVS Shenanigans. I'd only disagree if it looked like Serela was actually going to get lynched by RVS.

I'm used to seeing wagons on me at some point in D1. It's like it's part of the D1 ritual. Which is why I tend to be so defensive early Day 1.

Don't like the NNR wagon because I don't understand the reason for it. If we're going to start a wagon on someone because we can't find scum a D1 it should be someone not contributing at all. If anything, my gut feeling on NNR is town. Not sure exactly what makes me think that, it's justa  gut feeling I'm getting from NNR's posts.

Anyway, about the closest thing to an actual scumread is as Affinity pointed out above, when Zakeri ignores questions posed to him. Most of the others either haven't posted enough content for me to have a read on them at all, or I'm leaning town on [Polaris, Affinity and NNR strongly, also getting town vibes from IHNN and Serela]

It's not even a strong scumread on Zakeri, but it's more than nothing, and maybe this'll get him to answer the earlier question posed at least.

###Vote: Zakeri

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2012, 06:47:52 AM »
So you're trying to get a policy lynch on Serela because of meta? That's seriously your only reason? And you're serious about this? What happened to actual scumhunting?

-Psst-, PX already started scumhunting after pushing Serela and before your post.
The lumping votes on NNR is making me want to shy away from. Scum is likely on his wagon as of that post.

I like how all three of the people voting for me right now say, in different wording each time "Zakeri's probably not scum, but I don't have anything better."
Okay, so Affinity didn't but the other two seem very suspicious.

He does prod NNR decently on obvious things, but his blurb on only Serela wasting time feels like content-spinning when so many others at that point in time (e.g Dormio, Nameless) were in similar positions. 
The difference between Serela and Dormio+Nameless is that the latter two aren't here, while Serela is just waiting for the day to progress. It might be just him Serela-posting, but I genuinely don't like it where as I can deal with the other two.

I don't know what Raikaria's play is like as town, but judging from the game I was in, people can't seem to tell the difference between him flounder-town and flounder-scum. I haven't seen anything so far that would make me want to keep him around, and the only thing preventing me from hardcore slamming him is the fact that he has yet to voteswitch to every single person.
wow, those reasons suck, no wonder I'm getting wagoned, Okay, I admit I'm being a little vote-parky on Raikaria, but I don't think he's town.

Basically, right about now the two people I'm thinking are scum are, somehow, the two people who suddenly wagoned onto me by parroting Affinity's post (Yes, I know Serela was voting me before Affinity, but that's a frivilous detail.)

Also, moot point, but I don't really see Polaris and PX as butting heads, but rather that Polaris is just trying to his read on PX. PX may be doing something weird, but he's this game's day-one-obv-town so I'm ignoring him for now.

Also, still waiting for Shadoweh to Respond.

Also also also, People are already complaining about me missing questions? That was fast. Why can't you people be this on me when I'm actually scum? Oh, and I should probably ask for posts leading to the questions directed at me that I missed.

« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2012, 06:50:28 AM »
Speaking of missing Questions, NNR you need to go back and super explain your post where you started sheeping to Affinity on Raikaria, because both Conqueror and I need you to comment on that.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2012, 07:21:56 AM »
My love for Youmu has been cast and reforged by Youkai.
The things my love for Youmu cannot cut are next to none.

That said, is there actually a reason you think he could be scum other than just apologizing for being trapped in another dimension and somehow managing to post his response in this thread instead?
Do you think Affinity might be scum for taking PX's line of logic and taking it to the Next Logical step?
Or do you just personally not enjoy it?
I'm really sleepy, so I'm going to assume you want a response to this.
I think he could be scum because scum I have no name blatantly misunderstands the thread and posts nonsense.
I think Affinity sounds pretty town (THE HORROR) and not taking the Next Logical Step is pretty typical of him

Also, I'm desperately hoping Serela comes back with an explanation for his vote. I didn't like it before, but I kind of feel like an idiot that it took until PX's post to realize that it was the fact that's he's purposely voting to expand the list rather than to do anything useful with the current wagons. Even if it was a joke, Serela's wasting a heck of a lot of time here.
I'm sure he's not doing it on purpose. He was just born that way. :<

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2012, 07:22:26 AM »

(4) NekoNekoRex - PX, Polaris, Conqueror, I have no name
(3) Zakeri - Serela, Affinity, Raikaria
(2) Raikaria - WHMZakeri, Hero999
(1) Affinity - NekoNekoRex
(1) I have no name - Shadoweh
(1) Serela - Dormio
Not Voting (0): None!

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. You have about 16 hours left in the day.

will be busy w/ psat tomorrow so don't expect many votals

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »
Oh hey Bard is replacing in

one of us one of us

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2012, 12:01:22 PM »
I'm satisfied with Zakeri's recent post, so I'll now

##Unvote

Anyway, not really got any threads to get a hold of and do anything with. Which is a shame, because usually I get something to pull at during Day 1, be it lack of activity from someone, or someone saying something suspicious.

Not really got anything standing out that I want to press on too.

However, there is one small thing I want to chase up, thinking about it:

Actually, yes.  You have 2 posts, that's one of them.  The other votes hero (who only has one post but that is useful).
I would vote you but that wouldn't get any support, especially since this game I'm vulnerable to that approach.  Please post stuff soon so I can twist it around to vote you get an accurate read.

Stop lurking Dormio it's bad for your health, you know Magical Madness proved that.

===

I feel so useless right now... oh well. Hopefully something comes up that I can actually use.

I'll re-iterate that I do not understand why people are voting NNR and why he's being wagoned.

In fact:

PX: RVS stuff for not voting Serela.
Polaris: Dosen't actually give a reason
Conq: Just digs a wagon
IHNN: Claims to know where this wagon comes from...

Unless we're seriously voting NNR for not voting Serela during RVS... get off that wagon... it smells bad.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2012, 12:47:17 PM »
Simply too many tentative votes and unvotes in the game right now, and invariably Shadoweh and co are going to have to scramble and stuff.  Why does everyone claim to be tired on D1?  I'm sick and sad and I'm going to bed early.  Won't be around for the deadline (lesson learnt!).

While I applaud Zakeri's cordialness, his vote on Ralkaria still is a vote-park.  He has assimilated Ral's and Serela's weak votes on him as reasons to suspect them, but nothing else has changed.  Oh well.  My vote stays.

I frown at Ral's stop-and-go on Zakeri, since I don't think Zakeri has failed to answer questions.  Dormio has as well!  Will like to see his follow-up on his post above.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »
I frown at Ral's stop-and-go on Zakeri, since I don't think Zakeri has failed to answer questions.  Dormio has as well!  Will like to see his follow-up on his post above.

Wait this is confuseing.

You frown at me voting Zakeri and then unvoteing when the reason for my vote become invalid, and then you say you don't think he failed to answer questions, which was the reason I voted him.

Can you explain further why my unvote disturbs you? I stated I unvoted because I felt my reason was no longer valid.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2012, 01:55:24 PM »
I don't think he failed to answer them even before his reply post.  Voting him simply for that seems strange, when say, Dormio didn't as well.  That's why your vote-unvote disturbs me, even more so when you have not made a choice out of people on the NNR bandwagon.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »
Time to play the catch up game

Quote from: Zak
Do you think Affinity might be scum for taking PX's line of logic and taking it to the Next Logical step?
Missed this at some point. The answer is "No, but I didn't have anything better to go on at the time and it seemed bad"

##Unvote
##Vote NekoNekoRex

I can actually get around the idea of lynching NNR today. The Affinity vote looks like it came out of nowhere and I don't understand why he needed to "drop PX" when he was holding onto a jokevote on Conq the whole time.
Not as convinced that PX is scum, though it's not like he's super town. Still keeping an eye on him.
Raikaria is still weird, but I still need to figure out if his weirdness is scummy. I'm open to lynching him if it comes to that, but for now I'll keep an eye on him.
I have a feeling that there is at least one scum in the four names Affinity listed as forgettable. Keeping an eye on them.
Keeping an eye on Conq for reasons of the gut variety, seeing as he hasn't said anything that would change my mind. Conq, if you aren't scum, you should do something cool!

Everyone else (which I notice now is only, like, 4 people not counting me) is cool and does not need to be lynched.
Dislike this post.

I dropped PX is because I didn't think he was actually doing anything wrong. (Hence the lack of vote on him in the first place) To me it was (and still is) just anti-RVS shenanigans we were debating and not really anything scummy. Affinity was the only thing that caught my attention although apparently I missed her/his (fuck if I know any more) posts
Don't really like the way you spun suspicion on Raikaria. Could have just said "gut" and been done with it.
Actually the whole posts is just "##Vote NNR, also gut on some other people"

Polaris: So basically you misunderstood, okay. :V

##Unvote
##Vote: NekoNekoRex

I can dig a NNR wagon
IHNN frown
which post?
#43 if I recall. It seemed like a useless ball of fluff. Posts afterwards only seemed marginally useful
Disliking votes on Raikaria
why?'
Didn't see anything wrong with Raikaria's posts, so I thought the votes on him were bad.
Conq
Why? I've barely said anything this game and you didn't mention anything about my posts.
Gut + I liked the few points you made

Don't like Serela's posts, there's no content there. Dislike lack of stance on current events.

noname's posts summed up as "Promised content, delivered sheepvote". Frownyface.

Rest of content seems pretty solid and I unless I come up with something to ask I don't have any more to say
Ironically I'm going to ##Unvote ##Vote: Serela for not having any content handy for the day, still.

FAKEEDIT: Also I don't know why it's apparently bad for people to have a "nonwagon vote". Forcing two or three set wagons for a day stifles scumhunting in my opinion and having a differing view shouldn't be wrong unless it's preventing an actual lynch from going down at deadline.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2012, 02:06:07 PM »
I feel the whimsical vote-switching is very very anti-town, and I wish people would think a little further before doing so.

I'm going to state now I wish people won't use the >wagon on D1 AtE. Honestly there are at least 5 people here that can apply to.
I feel too forgotten, ILoveYouIHNN.
Go away Shadoweh doesn't help you were once a halve of Youmu!
Jerk candywoman.

...I don't see the reason NNR is being wagoned for.

As for the PX thing which I forgot to adress above? I just found him funny. It's RVS Shenanigans. It doesn't count for anything.
I like to hear the reason why you merely found him funny and thought it was merely RVS Shenanigans and not PX being completely serious. Honestly speaking I can see how this quote undermines the seriousness of the PX RVS ending attempt.

##Unvote
##Vote NekoNekoRex

I can actually get around the idea of lynching NNR today. The Affinity vote looks like it came out of nowhere and I don't understand why he needed to "drop PX" when he was holding onto a jokevote on Conq the whole time.
Not as convinced that PX is scum, though it's not like he's super town. Still keeping an eye on him.
Raikaria is still weird, but I still need to figure out if his weirdness is scummy. I'm open to lynching him if it comes to that, but for now I'll keep an eye on him.
I have a feeling that there is at least one scum in the four names Affinity listed as forgettable. Keeping an eye on them.
Keeping an eye on Conq for reasons of the gut variety, seeing as he hasn't said anything that would change my mind. Conq, if you aren't scum, you should do something cool!
So...I see you have an eye for about...4-6 people, and a finger for 1 and a gut for another???
Honestly I envy you if you can "keep an eye" on all those people and still post coherently.
Unless this is a false promise~
Either way, if you have that many eyes I hope you keep up those claims.

And everything else is a bit jumbled and nothing stands out, If I missed out on something important point it out to me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2012, 02:59:29 PM »
I don't think he failed to answer them even before his reply post.  Voting him simply for that seems strange, when say, Dormio didn't as well.  That's why your vote-unvote disturbs me, even more so when you have not made a choice out of people on the NNR bandwagon.

Just popping in quickly to reply to this:

1: If we feel he answered or not is subjective, IHNN had the same point of view as me. Dormio has hardly posted at all.

2: I haven't made a choice out of the NNR wagon because I'm not sure who to choose and could very easily end up vote/unvoteing again, which apparently people don't like, apparently people should have one opinion all day and stick to it, especially during D1!

Honestly, I feel the accusations being thrown at me are a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. I vote, then something changes my mind, so I unvote to someone else. That's bad. I don't vote so I can be more sure about where to put my vote, that's bad too!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2012, 03:10:19 PM »
Polaris had a reason for voting NNR, and it was the Affinity vote.

This is all the content I have time for for another...9-10 hours.
Darnit Bard why couldn't you have subbed in

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2012, 03:42:01 PM »
Polaris had a reason for voting NNR, and it was the Affinity vote.

This is all the content I have time for for another...9-10 hours.
Darnit Bard why couldn't you have subbed in

Indeed, I missed NNR voting affinity because it's wasn't bolded.

My bad there. Still, both you and Conq are just bandwagoning.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2012, 03:46:06 PM »
I lied I have time for a quick post now.

I'm not "just" bandwagoning, I agree that the vote on Affinity is weird.
Besides, there's less than 24 hours in the day so consolidation is basically required now, and NNR seems like a fine target to lynch at the moment.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2012, 04:06:23 PM »
Just woke up, but I have noticed that Shadoweh has avoided talking about these current wagons for all of the day. Something to note in case something flips scum. Also, preemptive not gonna be here at deadline because I being meguka now (going down to LA for the Madoka Movies, peace out)