Author Topic: Remilia Quest Dh?  (Read 50931 times)

Remilia Quest Dh?
« on: September 23, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »
>You are Remilia Scarlet, Mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, vampire extraordinaire, and the most charismatic and elegant person in Gensokyo. You are also Flandre Scarlet's big sister, a title that, privately of course, you hold more dear than all the others. And right now, you are mad.

>Fed up with Sakuya's prolonged and unexplained absence from the Mansion, you took matters into your fangs and set out to track her down. In the process, though, you encountered a fledgling vampire named Rei Oumi, a Gensokyoan human who had been turned only weeks ago. Impressed by her skills and attitude, you took her under your wing and continued your search for Sakuya. To this end, the rabbit of Eientei, Reisen Udongien, also pledged her assistance, while Wriggle tagged along to keep an eye on Rei. Youmu Konpaku took off on her own, determined to resolve the incident of this new vampire.
>Your search led to the Myoren Temple, but what you found there was not Sakuya, but rather, a kappa that had been possessed by a being claiming to be the incarnation of Envy, one of the seven deadly sins of catholic myth. From her, you learned that Sakuya had encountered the incarnation of Pride, and that the Sins were in league with the new vampire in Gensokyo, a woman called the Cobalt Countess. Although Envy assured you Sakuya was still human, you concluded that Pride and the Countess were holding her. And you want her back.
>After Envy sealed herself in a jeweled form, you met up with Reisen, who told you of her encounter, and defeat of, the Gluttony incarnation. Together with her, as well as Wriggle, Mystia and the possessec kappa's friend Kikomi, you traveled to the Hakurei shrine, and found a possessed Reimu doing battle with Youmu and Kogasa. You got involved in the battle, and eventually forced the incarnation of Sloth from Reimu's body.

>Anticipating a fierce battle with the Countess and her minions, and concerned for your sister, you returned home to gear yourself, with Reimu and Kogasa in tow. Youmu and the kappa had set off on their own. Finding Flandre fine, or at least as fine as she ever gets, and asking Patchouli to ward the mansion against the remaining Sins, you charged Wriggle with taking care of a termite problem in the mansion, and allowed Mystia to explore the mansion, this being her first time there. With Reimu and Kogasa gone, you and Reisen took off to track down the castle of the Cobalt Countess.

>A friendly Oracle and an unfriendly kappa pointed you in the right direction, which led to you and Reisen splitting up to investigate a branching river. Your path led you to a bridge, where you had a brief brawl with a wild youkai and befriended a young man with mixed blood named Koryu Daidouji, who promised to help any youkai in need of help, including you. You sensed a great deal of potential in him, and resolved to introduce him to Patchouli, after you settle your business with the Countess. Between her and Rei, Sakuya's fist act may need to be preparing rooms for them. After she whips the fairy maids back in line.

>Currently, you, Koryu, and a youkai bear who joined you after meeting the Guardian of a Warded Grove, are standing in a small Kappa village, where you hoped to learn the location of the Countesses' castle. However, the three of you, and perhaps the whole village, seem to have come under the influence of the Spirit of Wrath. You are presently trying to keep your growing anger under control, long enough to find the Spirit and put a stop to its machinations.

>Nod. "Alright. Here's hoping this works."
>By 'seal away', I meant the possibility of temporarily disabling it.
>Wait...Let's try the Smellingsalts we got from Reisen, another, stronger scent may be able to purge the effects.

>You fish the real bottle of youkai-strength smelling salts out of your pocket, prompting a curious look from Koryu. "What's that?"
>Identifying the contents for him, you bravely open the lid and wave the bottle under your nose. The scent was very, very strong at a distance. At point blank range, you gag despite yourself. Forgoing any pretense of charisma, you scrunch up your nose, drop the offending bottle as though it contained holy water, and press your hands to your nose, trying not to topple over. You vision swims as the smell pinballs through your system, and for a moment, you feel like your head is going to pop open from the smell.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Remilia Quest Dh?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 12:10:26 PM »
>Let's take a moment to pull ourself together.
>Did the rage abate any?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 10:42:39 PM »
>Let's take a moment to pull ourself together.
>Did the rage abate any?

>It takes a few moments to recuperate from that shock to your system. But it did seem to have one unforeseen side effect. Koryu's face no longer shows anger, but amusement. And the bear is no longer snarling.
>Ordinarily, that would annoy you, and even now, you feel a twinge of irritation at their amusement. But it's a small twinge at best. And while you still know you're angry, you can't really focus on it, nor feel it strongly. Can't feel much of anything, actually, with that kind of shock to your system. Those salts could wake the dead and make them dance the Charleston.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 10:48:14 PM »
>"I... would not recommend doing that."

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »
>"I... would not recommend doing that."

>Koryu's lips puff slightly, and then the young man laughs.
>After a few seconds, he pauses, and smiles at you. "Sorry, sorry. But... Hah, you should've seen your face!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 12:37:04 AM »
>"Yes...Well...They were Youkai-Grade Smellingsalts after all...Aha! This could well be the key. Perhaps if we can make it accessible to all the village to force Wrath out. At least this served to dull me to the rage."
>Is the bottle busted, or otherwise void of it's contents now? If not, then let's pick it back up, recork it, and pass it off to Koryu.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 12:48:44 AM »
>"Yes...Well...They were Youkai-Grade Smellingsalts after all...Aha! This could well be the key. Perhaps if we can make it accessible to all the village to force Wrath out. At least this served to dull me to the rage."
>Is the bottle busted, or otherwise void of it's contents now? If not, then let's pick it back up, recork it, and pass it off to Koryu.

>Somewhat surprisingly, the bottle has remained completely intact, and the contents remain within. So you retrieve the bottle, weathering the smell for a moment until you (mercifully) put the top back on, and hand it to Koryu. He looks at almost like a human would eye a rattlesnake.
>"Maybe... If we fly over the village and dump it out. But that'd be a lot of ground to cover. And going from kappa to kappa would probably take a while. We'd need some kind of... distrubution system, or something. Like a giant-ass fan."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 01:06:55 AM »
>Fistpalm. "Or the fan of a Tengu! Shame one's not around right now though."
>"At any rate, I should strike while the iron's hot. Perhaps by employing the aura tendrils from a distance, and seeing who reacts the most violently to them."
>Let's send a veritable forest of the tendrils over to that gathering, and whoever reacts the most violently to them, we'll converge the tendrils on that one and drag them here. For that is likely the one who is possessed.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 01:56:53 AM »
>Fistpalm. "Or the fan of a Tengu! Shame one's not around right now though."
>"At any rate, I should strike while the iron's hot. Perhaps by employing the aura tendrils from a distance, and seeing who reacts the most violently to them."
>Let's send a veritable forest of the tendrils over to that gathering, and whoever reacts the most violently to them, we'll converge the tendrils on that one and drag them here. For that is likely the one who is possessed.

>Koryu and the bear take a couple steps backwards as you put your aura to good use, sending nearly two dozen thin tendrills out towards the center of town. While it's not currently in your line of sight, it shouldn't be too long before you get some results.
>The sound from the gathering, prior to your invading tentacles, was a sound of muted irritation. The conversations of a crowd, but a sullen, quiet crowd. That changes a bit as they witness twenty-two glowing scarlet tendrils fly out of a side street and over their heads. There is a uniform gasp from well over a hundred Kappa, and then a startled murmur after a brief pause.

>That pause, however, revealed another sound, one that had been hidden by the noise of the crowd. It's very distant, and very faint, but it sounds like a large rotating set of blades, like a massive fan, but one set more than a mile away.
>Somewhat surprisingly, after several seconds, not one of the people in the crowd out there opens fire on your tendrils. But there IS some kind of reaction to it. An unseen force acts upon your tendrils and pulls them in one direction, drawing them all to the east.
>In addition to this, one lone kappa takes to the air and comes into view, looking towards the source of the tendrils. That being you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 02:05:02 AM »
>Cancel the tendrils, and start hovering. "Well, it looks like there's our target. There should be something like a fan to the east methinks, roughly a mile. You should be able to use the Youkai-Grade Smellingsalts there, while I'll keep our little friend here occupied."
>Let's take to the skies and make for that lone kappa!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 02:35:31 AM »
>Cancel the tendrils, and start hovering. "Well, it looks like there's our target. There should be something like a fan to the east methinks, roughly a mile. You should be able to use the Youkai-Grade Smellingsalts there, while I'll keep our little friend here occupied."
>Let's take to the skies and make for that lone kappa!

>Koryu nods shortly. "We'll check it out." He pats the bear, who doesn't seem entirely as receptive of the act as before, but doesn't growl at him. "Let's go, girl."
>The three of you take to the air, Koryu and the bear flying towards the east, while you travel northwards towards the airborne kappa. The blue-haired kappa sees you coming and seems, well, a bit nervous, if your honest. Her blue eyes show obvious apprehension. She turns slightly and waves down to another pair of Kappa on a nearby rooftop, working on an oblong rectangular piece of metal. Cupping her hands together on either side of her mouth, she yells down to them, "It's that vampire, the Scarlet Devil!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 02:39:47 AM »
>And batswarm teleport to be right behind her, with our back to hers. But be ready to bat-a-port away if she flips out and attacks.
>"Oh come now, I'm simply passing through, and noted everyone was angrier than usual. So I decided to make sure that a Sin Spirit wasn't causing trouble here."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 03:18:38 AM »
>And batswarm teleport to be right behind her, with our back to hers. But be ready to bat-a-port away if she flips out and attacks.
>"Oh come now, I'm simply passing through, and noted everyone was angrier than usual. So I decided to make sure that a Sin Spirit wasn't causing trouble here."

>The twintailed kappa turns back towards you, and lets out a yelp as she suddenly finds you behind her, backpedaling in surprise. She then frowns and places her hands on her hips. "Well, don't surprise a girl like that, then. Smarten up."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 03:22:54 AM »
>Does she seem to be possessed at all?
>"Well, recently, there seems to be quite the fuss all over Gensokyo. Seven spirits that embody a Sin have been unsealed. Envy, Wrath, Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Pride, and Sloth. Now, as everyone present has been feeling rather irritable and angry in this village, myself included, that can lead me to only one conclusion. That the Spirit of Wrath has shown up in this village, and possessed one of your number. The Spirit of Envy already possessed a kappa earlier tonight, but was driven out."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 03:40:46 AM »
>Does she seem to be possessed at all?
>"Well, recently, there seems to be quite the fuss all over Gensokyo. Seven spirits that embody a Sin have been unsealed. Envy, Wrath, Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Pride, and Sloth. Now, as everyone present has been feeling rather irritable and angry in this village, myself included, that can lead me to only one conclusion. That the Spirit of Wrath has shown up in this village, and possessed one of your number. The Spirit of Envy already possessed a kappa earlier tonight, but was driven out."

>Well, she seems upset with you for surprising her, but not especially 'Wrath'-ful.
>The kappa presses her fingers to her lips thoughtfully. "Wrath... That might explain what my atmospheric contaminant sensor picked up." She starts to fly back down towards the other two kappa and their large metal object, and waves for you to follow her. "Come have a look at something."
>Koryu and the bear, you note, off to the east, are also descending towards a rooftop. Towards a bluish-green haired woman in an elegant red and black dress who seems to be spinning in place.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 03:49:39 AM »
>Well, let's go over, but keep an eye on our friends.
>"So, what exactly is it you wish for me to look at?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 05:14:20 AM »
>Well, let's go over, but keep an eye on our friends.
>"So, what exactly is it you wish for me to look at?"

>"If I'm right, I think I know where this Wrath is. And it's not here in town."
>The spinning woman makes no aggressive move towards your companions, nor do they make any moves towards her. Seems they both still have control of themselves. For now.
>From up here, you have a better sense of the air flow and ambient sounds. The fan sound seems to be coming from the northwest, which is wear the breeze is blowing from. And where that smell seems to be coming from, too. Your nose has recovered enough to start, at least, to smell that floral scent again.

>One of the two grounded kappa seems vaguely familiar to you, the one with the long side-ponytail. You think she might have been one of the Kappa that installed the electricity to your mansion, though Sakuya dealt with them much more than you. The other kappa, with the green eyes and short black hair, is unknown to you.
>'Update me, Chiyo." the kappa that approached you asks of the black-haired one. Turning from a monitor attached to the side of the long metal object, the kappa called Chiyo hands your kappa a small handheld device.
>"See for yourself, boss."
>The twintailed kappa examines the display, glances at the larger monitor, then back to the small screen. She then beckons you closer. "Take a look at this."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 05:18:09 AM »
>Let's move closer and have a look then.
>"I've figured out the source of the Sin Spirits though, their leader, another vampire known as the Cobalt Countess, has apparently taken up refuge somewhere in the Waterfall Basin. I plan to apply a little 'Gensokyo Discipline'."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 05:44:10 AM »
>Let's move closer and have a look then.
>"I've figured out the source of the Sin Spirits though, their leader, another vampire known as the Cobalt Countess, has apparently taken up refuge somewhere in the Waterfall Basin. I plan to apply a little 'Gensokyo Discipline'."

>The screen seems to be showing a red oval-shaped object with short pulpy stalks. The thing seems to have an aura of energy around it. There are several numbers and shifting graph displays on the screen, but most of it means nothing to you.
>"Which waterfall?" the Kappa with the ponytail asks you. "There's a few around here."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 06:17:10 AM »
>Let's recall what we were told about this by the Oracle, and the Guardian.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 06:25:57 AM »
>Let's recall what we were told about this by the Oracle, and the Guardian.

>The Oracle was no more specific than 'Downstream from here. In the basin of the falls."
>The Guardian indicated that the kappa of this village would be more familiar with the waterfall in question than she was.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 06:50:30 AM »
>"You know of that cottage where the Oracle lives, yes? She had stated that it was downstream from there. I followed a river to reach this area, where I then found a Warded Grove, protected by the Forest Guardian, Baraki. She then suggested I make for this village, which brings us to the current time. The river I followed had a Bridge guarded by a Troll. Perhaps that can help narrow things down?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 07:13:30 AM »
>"You know of that cottage where the Oracle lives, yes? She had stated that it was downstream from there. I followed a river to reach this area, where I then found a Warded Grove, protected by the Forest Guardian, Baraki. She then suggested I make for this village, which brings us to the current time. The river I followed had a Bridge guarded by a Troll. Perhaps that can help narrow things down?"

>"What Oracle?" the ponytailed Kappa asks you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 08:15:52 AM »
>"She goes by the name of Kyrie. Long, Blonde hair, tends to speak in riddles. She shares that cottage with another Kappa like yourselves."
>Point towards where the river we followed is located.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 08:50:08 AM »
>"She goes by the name of Kyrie. Long, Blonde hair, tends to speak in riddles. She shares that cottage with another Kappa like yourselves."
>Point towards where the river we followed is located.

>The Kappa shakes her head. "Never heard of her."
>"Stay on target, Minamo." the twin-tailed Kappa snaps. "We got bigger problems." The ponytailed kappa sneers at her fellow Kappa, then turns and ducks behind the machine again.
>"What you're looking at here," the kappa in front of you points at the small screen. "is a spore of some kind. Or maybe a pollen. I'm a scientist, not a biologist. But my analysis shows it has an effect on a person's brain."
>"YOUR analysis, Nitori?" the Kappa named Chiyo asks in an irritated tone.
>"Okay, OUR analysis." Nitori snaps back. "The point is, these little bastards are what's making us all so pissed."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 08:56:11 AM »
>"Could it be that Wrath possessed some sort of Plant Youkai? Regardless, what we need to do is find the source of the spores, or whatever they may be, and 'discipline' it. If it truly is Possessed, then the Sin Spirit will leave the host when it's too damaged by danmaku to be of use. If one can then engineer some kind of containment method, then we can capture the Sin Spirit, and prevent it from fleeing to cause trouble at a later date."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 09:11:11 AM »
>"Could it be that Wrath possessed some sort of Plant Youkai? Regardless, what we need to do is find the source of the spores, or whatever they may be, and 'discipline' it. If it truly is Possessed, then the Sin Spirit will leave the host when it's too damaged by danmaku to be of use. If one can then engineer some kind of containment method, then we can capture the Sin Spirit, and prevent it from fleeing to cause trouble at a later date."

>"You seem to be the expert on these Sins." Nitori counters. "But that's kinda what we're doing here with this gizmo." She walks over to the metal object and pats it on the side. "I haven't- WE haven't named it yet, but when we get it working, it'll clean the air of these spores and contain them, until we can figure out a way to neutralize them for good."
>"Assuming Hina doesn't conk out on us first." Minamo muses darkly.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 09:32:45 AM »
>"Well, I am not entirely an expert, I've merely engaged in combat with two unfortunate souls who were possessed. One was possessed by Envy, she was a simple Kappa. She rests in the Myouren Temple for now as far as I know. She'll recover with enough bed rest. The second, possessed by Sloth, was none other than Reimu. Currently, she too seeks the lair of the Cobalt Countess. So thus, we can then assume that by finding the source of the spores, and defeating it, we can force the Sin to cease it's efforts. Does this device, by any chance, tell the direction they are coming from?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 10:11:09 AM »
>"Well, I am not entirely an expert, I've merely engaged in combat with two unfortunate souls who were possessed. One was possessed by Envy, she was a simple Kappa. She rests in the Myouren Temple for now as far as I know. She'll recover with enough bed rest. The second, possessed by Sloth, was none other than Reimu. Currently, she too seeks the lair of the Cobalt Countess. So thus, we can then assume that by finding the source of the spores, and defeating it, we can force the Sin to cease it's efforts. Does this device, by any chance, tell the direction they are coming from?"

>Nitori starts, "Well this one- Wow, Reimu?" She cuts herself off. "How did one of those Sins take HER down?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 10:23:04 AM »
>Shrug. "She's far too lazy, plain and simple. Sloth embodies laziness. It was a simple matter for her to possess Reimu as she is now."
>Chuckle. "Ironically, Sloth was the most cordial and polite of the three that have been encountered so far. Envy was a spiteful little woman, with a sharp tongue. And from what I've heard of Gluttony, who showed up in the Human Village, only thought about one thing. Devouring and consuming all things edible. It was from Sloth that I learned about the other sins. She stated that Wrath, Pride, and Greed in particular are the more dangerous ones. So far, I'm inclined to believe her on that matter, given how even I haven't escaped the effects."
>"But at any rate, as you were saying?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!