Author Topic: ['Complete'] Rumia Quest V: The Further Adventures  (Read 45097 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
['Complete'] Rumia Quest V: The Further Adventures
« on: September 09, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »

You are Rumia

Except my, have you come a long way from EoSD Rumia.

You are a demon from Makai, who was once sealed by Yukari Yakumo, in order to save Gensokyo. Back then you were an embodiment of chaos and pretty insane. Well, technically you are still the former.

Over time, as your will and personailty got stronger, you slowly regained your powers, until you could overcome the madness within you and keep your sanity and your power,

You've become pretty well known in Gensokyo recently. While you started by retrieving a book with the secrets of the Scarlets, since then you've done some more impressive things, chronologically being:

Saving Gensokyo from the rampage of Mama-Bear Shinki who wanted Alice home
Stopping a Genocide of Youkai by the mad scientist Rika
Stopping the Lunarians dragging Kaguya back to the moon to force her into being a figurehead queen

Since the latest event, where you regained your full power, you've mainly been occupied with teaching Seiga to keep your end of a bargin. Of course you've done other things, and Seiga, as she suspected, is taking ages to learn. This gives you plenty of time to yourself while she practices for the next ten or so years before the next lesson.

You've been involved in a few small incidents here and there, solving them. Nothing on the level of the main three you've been caught up in.

However, today could be different. You get a message from Sakuya Izanoi earlier that your presence is requested at the Scarlet Devil Mansion. When you asked why, Sakuya said we're either gonna cure insanity or blow ourselves up.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:44:35 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Rumia Quest V: No cunning Titles
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »
>"Cure insanity, or blow ourselves up. Sounds like a 'blast'."
>Have a laugh. "Wonder if she's meaning the little sister...She was pretty out there after all, so I can see why she sent for me, given how I overcame my own problems."
>How's Cirno been these days? Still 'Strength 10 Brains 0' as usual? And for that matter, how's the rest of the old gang been? Mystia ever open up a proper restaurant in the village like she was thinking about?
>Ah well, we didn't have much on the agenda for today, so let's make for the mansion via the shadows. Let's be sure to stop at the gate though, gotta be polite after all.

(Also, might I suggest 'The Further Adventures'?)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 02:45:48 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest V: No cunning Titles
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »
>"Cure insanity, or blow ourselves up. Sounds like a 'blast'."
>Have a laugh. "Wonder if she's meaning the little sister...She was pretty out there after all, so I can see why she sent for me, given how I overcame my own problems."
>How's Cirno been these days? Still 'Strength 10 Brains 0' as usual? And for that matter, how's the rest of the old gang been? Mystia ever open up a proper restaurant in the village like she was thinking about?
>Ah well, we didn't have much on the agenda for today, so let's make for the mansion via the shadows. Let's be sure to stop at the gate though, gotta be polite after all.

(Also, might I suggest 'The Further Adventures'?)

> "Yeah, it sounds dangerous." Wriggle says. As per usual, you and your group are flying above the Misty Lake. Although only you have been invited into the mansion.

> "The little sister is scary. I saw her fight. She killed this woman called Mokou more than thirty times over with one attack." Mystcia comments, adding, "She got better. She's like Kaguya."

> Cirno is more like Strength 8 Brains -1. 9 and 10 are reserved for stupidly powerful people like gods, Yukari, you, Reimu and Marisa, as well as a couple of others.

> Wriggle is fine. She shed a few weeks ago so is a bit bigger and older looking. Being an insect youkai, Wriggle doesn't constantly grow, but every few years *sheds* and then looks different.

> Mystcia has opened a restaurant, although she doesn't work full time there, some random youkai, humans, and even fairies share the work with her. It's simply too much for one Night Sparrow, and no youkai can be doing a job all day every day, they yearn for excitement, freedom and trouble after all.

> Cirno is still dumb and fight oriented as ever.

> Daiyousei, about half a year ago, underwent the same process as Cirno after another half-year of taking an interest in visiting the Scarlet Devil Mansion's library, to increase her knowledge. Unlike Cirno, who entombed herself in ice, Daiyousei encased herself in emerald. She's a bit stronger, but the main increases were in her intellect, which it would be unfair to call super-fairy like it was before, as it is more super-human or super-youkai. The other area she spontaneously became better at was magic. She explained she was tutoring under Patchouli.

> The downside to this is that Daiyousei isn't always around the Misty Lake anymore, she's doing other stuff, and frequently goes to visit Eirin, Alice, or Patchouli for various reasons. She's here right now.

> You take a distraction Cirno makes as your chance to slip into the shadows and pop out next to Meiling, who is, surprisingly, awake and alert.

> "Hi Rumia. Everyone else has already arrived. Well, I think they did. I guess Koishi came with Satori." Meiling says,

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
Re: Rumia Quest V: The Further Adventures
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 03:17:14 PM »
>Nod. "Been keepin' up with the work eh?"
>Did we ever make good on those promises for more lighthearted rematches? And for that matter, who won?
>Look back to the others. "Now then, the letter said they wanted just me. So you guys keep safe, a'ight? I'm lookin' forward to a Deluxe Eel Bowl down at the Restaurant after all this is done and wrapped up."
>How long has it been since we snuck onto the moon to bust up that scheme up there? We still get in touch with Shinki on occasion, and reminisce about the beating we dished out up there?
>And for that matter, what've we heard about how things are up there anyhow? Any civil wars or anything?
>Come to think of it, how's the human-youkai relations in the village going? We're on good terms with them aren't we?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 05:26:33 PM »
>Nod. "Been keepin' up with the work eh?"
>Did we ever make good on those promises for more lighthearted rematches? And for that matter, who won?
>Look back to the others. "Now then, the letter said they wanted just me. So you guys keep safe, a'ight? I'm lookin' forward to a Deluxe Eel Bowl down at the Restaurant after all this is done and wrapped up."
>How long has it been since we snuck onto the moon to bust up that scheme up there? We still get in touch with Shinki on occasion, and reminisce about the beating we dished out up there?
>And for that matter, what've we heard about how things are up there anyhow? Any civil wars or anything?
>Come to think of it, how's the human-youkai relations in the village going? We're on good terms with them aren't we?

> Meiling chuckles. "Workin' hard or hardly workin'?"

> You did, with a couple of exceptions. You won most of the fights, but you couldn't beat Marisa, Reimu or Sanae, who have all got a lot stronger over the period. There's also plenty of people you've never fought.

> You've fought Rika a fair few times too, she actually knocked you out once.

> "Deelux Bowl, ok!" Mystcia shouts across the lake.

> Two years. You occasionally get told Shinki wants to see you, but most of the time she doesn't want any disturbances with her 'Alice-time'.

> You have heard nothing. Eirin claims to not know, and you've not even seen Yukari.

> Human-Youkai relations are blooming, although powerless humans are still apprehensive around unknown youkai, as well as strong ones. Strong youkai generally includes Remilia, yourself, Yuuka, Yukari, Ran, Aya, Alice, and any youkai from the underground. While there Myouren crew are strong, they are all the main workers for human-youkai relations, so the humans have built trust with them.

> On the other hand, youkai such as Mystcia, and Kogasa no longer cause any fuss, even from elder village members who lived through the times when Mystcia ate people.

> Most fairies are still frowned upon because all they do is cause trouble. The exception being Daiyousei.

> You are still on good terms with the humans, they're just... careful because they know you're strong and humans are naturally afraid of the dark. Some of the older ones avoid you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 05:57:30 PM »
>Well, we'll probably run into Yukari some time. She always was the sort to show up at random after all.
>Grin. "Both?"
>Man, we sure have come a long way since those days of being a derp, eh?
>Chuckle a little. "Well, let's get the show goin', eh? Here's hoping the kid can overcome her insanity."
>Let's head in.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 06:25:24 PM »
>Well, we'll probably run into Yukari some time. She always was the sort to show up at random after all.
>Grin. "Both?"
>Man, we sure have come a long way since those days of being a derp, eh?
>Chuckle a little. "Well, let's get the show goin', eh? Here's hoping the kid can overcome her insanity."
>Let's head in.

> Yeah, Yukari goes where she pleases.

> "True. Hardly working is hard work." Meiling admits.

> You are still a derp inside.

> "Yeah. I mean, if this fails or backfires we could only be blowing up Gensokyo." Meiling says.

> Meiling takes you inside, and through the mansion until you reach a door with KEEP OUT written on it.

> Outside this door you see:

Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Sanae, Remilia, Patchouli, Satori, Koishi and Reisen.

> You guess the Mikos and Marisa are here in case something goes wrong. Remilia, Sakuya and Patchouli are here because it's their house, and you guess the Komeji sisters are here for their mind powers. Reisen is probably here because if her red eyes can cause insanity, they might be able to help remove insanity.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 06:31:18 PM »
>Yeah, but we can't afford any derpery right now, got people to help.
>Nod to everyone once in turn. "A'ight, so what's the plan guys?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 07:34:51 PM »
>Yeah, but we can't afford any derpery right now, got people to help.
>Nod to everyone once in turn. "A'ight, so what's the plan guys?"

> Well, Marisa is here... as is Koishi. You figure there's enough derpy anyway.

> Remilia clears her throat.

"I'll go in first, because Flan is fine with me, China will follow suit. Meanwhile, you dim the lights to make her feel more comfortable, although not total darkness. Me and China will keep her calm while Reisen, and the Satoris do whatever they... do. Should something go wrong, Reimu and Sanae have their seals to try and hold Flan back, and protect us, and combined, we should be able to beat her."

> "Any questions? Patchouli and I did a lot of research beforehand and planning, and we also ran the plan by Satori and Eirin beforehand, and they both thought it might work. Me and China will go in when you lot are ready. I personally want my sister back sooner rather than later, it has been over 500 years now..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 07:39:39 PM »
>Nod. "So, just dim the lights."
>Chuckle. "What am I, mood lighting? But enough jokes, let's do this."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »
>Nod. "So, just dim the lights."
>Chuckle. "What am I, mood lighting? But enough jokes, let's do this."

> "Vampires like the darkness. It should help keep Flandre calm." Remilia says.

> "Well, you're also part of the 'knock my sister out if this goes wrong' squad. Like everyone is. Otherwise I'd have roped in that fairy that can change the color of stuff and make everything red for her."

> "I can do that... I manipulate waves, which includes light waves..." Reisen pipes up.

> "You need to focus on poking around my sister's head."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 07:49:24 PM »
>Chuckle. "I think I can manage if it comes to a fight, though I'm with you on wanting this to go off without a hitch. Nobody should be a slave to their own insanity..."
>Nod, with a determined expression. "Alright, let's get ready and do this."
>When she gives the signal, dim it down to the same near-night levels we dimmed it to for them back in the moon invasion incident.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 07:52:29 PM »
>Chuckle. "I think I can manage if it comes to a fight, though I'm with you on wanting this to go off without a hitch. Nobody should be a slave to their own insanity..."
>Nod, with a determined expression. "Alright, let's get ready and do this."
>When she gives the signal, dim it down to the same near-night levels we dimmed it to for them back in the moon invasion incident.

> You wait for Remilia and Meiling to go in. They leave the door ajar.

> "Why are you here today Chiiina and Sis?" you hear Flan ask.

> "We brought some friends, but they're very shy, so we're turning off the lights so you can't see them." Meiling says.

> "No trying to break them, ok?" Remilia says.

> "Weeelll... if you say so." Flandre says.

> Remi gives a signal, and you dim the lights, before Reisen, Satori and Koishi walk in.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 07:59:30 PM »
>Let's keep it dark like it is now, and keep a watch on things. Hopefully things won't go south...
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »
>Let's keep it dark like it is now, and keep a watch on things. Hopefully things won't go south...

> You keep a watch on things. Flandre comments "My head feels funny" before she passes out.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »
>Let's keep it dark, but move just a bit closer so we can react to things better.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 08:18:06 PM »
>Let's keep it dark, but move just a bit closer so we can react to things better.

> You move closer to the door. Flandre has passed out sitting up, with her eyes open, glowing red.

> About half an hour later the three manipulators collapse panting, and Flandre falls to the ground too.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 08:20:38 PM »
>Let's keep the darkness the same, and shadow-warp into Remilia's shadow.
>Whisper to her; "Let's hope this worked, hm? I'll hide out in your shadow for the time being, to improve reaction time."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 08:28:45 PM »
>Let's keep the darkness the same, and shadow-warp into Remilia's shadow.
>Whisper to her; "Let's hope this worked, hm? I'll hide out in your shadow for the time being, to improve reaction time."

> When you shadow-warp to Remilia's shadow she moves so that her shadow overlaps with Meiling's and you feel yourself shift shadows.

> "I'm a lady, I don't want someone under my skirt." Remilia hisses.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 08:40:33 PM »
>Chuckle quietly., and keep the whisper going. "Alright, alright. I was simply being practical anyhow, she'd probably jump to you first-off, so being there was a practical way to make sure you were safe."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »
>Chuckle quietly., and keep the whisper going. "Alright, alright. I was simply being practical anyhow, she'd probably jump to you first-off, so being there was a practical way to make sure you were safe."

> "Flandre is sane enough to recognize her sister and not harm her." Remilia says.

> "Uuuuuuuuuu~" you hear from Flandre on the ground.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 08:50:10 PM »
>Whisper. "Just in case it didn't go off right."
>Let's keep on guard, just in case things didn't go off right.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 08:51:19 PM »
>Whisper. "Just in case it didn't go off right."
>Let's keep on guard, just in case things didn't go off right.

> Flandre picks herself up. Everyone seems apprehensive.

> Flandre looks around.

> "Sister... where am I? Who are all these people around me? Why do you have wings?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 09:03:52 PM »
>Poke the upper part of our head out of the shadow, but make sure we've got a friendly, cheerful, and inquisitive look in our eyes.
>"So, she's back to normal I guess? Well, about as normal as can be in Gensokyo, huh?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 09:07:13 PM »
>Poke the upper part of our head out of the shadow, but make sure we've got a friendly, cheerful, and inquisitive look in our eyes.
>"So, she's back to normal I guess? Well, about as normal as can be in Gensokyo, huh?"

> "When you've been insane for over 500 years and sane for... ten, it's not normal." Remilia says, before adding, "It seems it's damaged her memory of the last 500 years too."

> "Wait.. wait... I remember why now. Uuuuuu~ my head feels funny. That count... he bit us, he killed everyone else... I killed him. Then I stayed in here for years, because sister told me to, and I didn't want to leave..."

> Flandre breaks out sobbing. Vampires cannot shed tears, but Flandre is as close as she can be. Remilia hugs her sister and starts too, although motions for everyone to leave.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 09:11:12 PM »
>Get on out of the shadow fully, and smile at the two. "Now you're free of the prison called insanity...We'll leave you two to reconnect and stuff."
>Let's help Satori and Koishi to get out.
>"Phew...I'm glad it worked out. I didn't wanna have to fight her y'know."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 09:12:55 PM »
>Get on out of the shadow fully, and smile at the two. "Now you're free of the prison called insanity...We'll leave you two to reconnect and stuff."
>Let's help Satori and Koishi to get out.
>"Phew...I'm glad it worked out. I didn't wanna have to fight her y'know."

> Flan seems to be blissfully unaware of you.

> Satori has got up, but Koishi seems to be enjoying her trip in dreamland, seeing as it's when you're in contact with your subconscious the most, you're not surprised.

> "No-one wanted to fight her ~ze." Marisa says as you get out.

> Meiling takes Reisen out of the room.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 09:16:59 PM »
>Smile a bit. "I'll have to remember to visit more often now though. Someone's gotta help her come to terms with the past after all, and I'm the poster girl for that sorta thing ain't I?"
>Grin. "Besides, kid like that, stuck down there for as long as she was, she's gonna need friends."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 01:12:34 PM »
>Smile a bit. "I'll have to remember to visit more often now though. Someone's gotta help her come to terms with the past after all, and I'm the poster girl for that sorta thing ain't I?"
>Grin. "Besides, kid like that, stuck down there for as long as she was, she's gonna need friends."

> "Something tells me Remilia is gonna be better for her. Although she's more likly to leave the mansion now." Meiling says.

> "She'll need time first."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 01:22:47 PM »
>Nod with a smile. "Yeah, but don't think I won't visit to keep in touch with you guys. For all we know, she might need to relearn how spellcards and such work. If that's a thing, then don't hesitate to send another letter my way, I'll be glad to help! She's gonna need someone to serve as an opponent in practice matches if that's the case, and I'm used to teaching people by now."
>Man, that could've gone real badly. "Oh yeah, if something goes wrong, like she freaks out again and relapses, send for me. I'm usually always in the area, so I can react pretty well to any problems."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!