Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2, part 4 (Complete)  (Read 42196 times)

>You are Byakuren Hijiri, 18 years old, resident of the city of Mayoiga, caretaker and owner of Rin Kaenbyou, resident of the Moonside apartments, and third year student of Mayoiga High. A few days ago, you were the most popular girl in school, one of the most well-known and liked girls around town. And then you touched a strange doll, and saw a world not your own. That was the day that everything changed, and you became Magical Lotus, the Hero of the Heart.

>You've had a heck of a day. You've been present for the birth of a new youkai, whom you've tentatively named Marigold. Being called 'mother' was somewhat embarrassing, but not in an entirely bad way. You bestowed a power ring upon Lily White, making her a Magical Girl like yourself, and in the process of both, discovered that something is not right with the mikos of the Metal Tiger shrine; specifically, Satori Komeji, the elder miko.
>After befriending the somewhat dubious character who calls herself the Eagle, member of a local gang of no-goodnicks, you and she went off to locate young Chen Yakumo's missing pendant. And after a stop at Kourin-dou's, which yielded in the purchase of a new book for yourself, you found the pendant, in the form of a youma terrorizing Ran Yakumo's store. Despite the old oni named Doubles and Ran herself displaying their own unusual powers and abilities, despite their best efforts, both of them were bested by the youma. You yourself found this one much more powerful than the first youma, and while you're confidant you would have overcome it on your own, you had some unexpected and powerful help in the form of the Metal Tiger miko named Kiku, who greatly hastened the defeat of the youma, and the restoration of the corrupted pendant to its true form, for which Ran promised to repay you for one day.

>At the CRA building you had your second encounter with a youma, as well as a human working with, or perhaps for, the demon, purifying them both after some effort. As well as an otherworldly oil slick that resulted in a truly horrific experience, as well as almost overwhelming hunger. The latter, you're currently attending to now. The former... might stay with you a bit longer.
>After defeating the youma, you confronted the demon itself, and found it about to enslave Kiku, having overwhelmed her with her own fears. Your efforts to snap her out of it resulted in another ring being produced, and Kiku chose yours, albeit it was a very, very near thing. The three of you combined your powers and defeated the demon. From it, you learned that there are five more demons who will menace this world, each bearing the title of Champion of one of the six elements of western magic - Water, Earth, Air, Ice, Forest and Fire. With the support of Lily and Chrysanthemum, Kiku's Magical title, you sealed the demon in a pocket dimension, although Kiku would rather have murdered the Champion of Water outright.

>After ensuring the safety of the youma's victims, restoring the corrupted item to its owner Kikuri, and checking in on your daughter Marigold, as well as, unexpectedly, Marissa (which was a very welcome experience after all you'd been through today), you had the sensation that Chie, one of Kiku's fellow Mikos, had the potential to become a Hero like yourself. At Kiku's... 'request', you did not pursue the matter at present.

>You, Lily and Kiku are currently seated as Szenska's restaurant, discussing the lingering issue of Satori, the head miko of the Tiger shrine, whom the Tiger seemed quite convinced was an enemy of yours. Or at least would be, if she learned of your encounter with Him. You are also awaiting the arrival of both the Eagle, who agreed to meet you here, and your steak, to completely satisfy your hunger. Hopefully.

>Smile. "Even if he does, we won't."

>Kiku's expression darkens. "You are not my God, Byakuren."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:20:44 AM by Sourfang, Guardian of Hope »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2, part 4
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 04:12:25 AM »
>"But we are your friends, and friends stick together."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »
Hahah, I turn my back on you for like minute, Hanzo =]

>"He will not shun you, Kiku. This much I know for certain. His heart would have to be darker than the Champion of Water's to view a devoted follower such as yourself, willing to go to such lengths to keep in line with her interpretation of his faith, and turn away. I can assure you, beyond any doubt, that this will not happen."

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 02:52:10 AM »
>"But we are your friends, and friends stick together."

>"You don't understand." the miko says shortly. "And I wouldn't expect you to, either of you."

>"He will not shun you, Kiku. This much I know for certain. His heart would have to be darker than the Champion of Water's to view a devoted follower such as yourself, willing to go to such lengths to keep in line with her interpretation of his faith, and turn away. I can assure you, beyond any doubt, that this will not happen."

>The tiger youkai scowls. "How dare you speak for a God. You may have stood in His presence, but don't you dare speak in His stead."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 12:56:45 PM »
>Shake our head.
>"I don't speak in his stead. Rather, I speak as an observer. Anyone takes the time to consider you would realize that any deity would be thrilled to have you as a follower."

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 11:09:26 PM »
>Shake our head.
>"I don't speak in his stead. Rather, I speak as an observer. Anyone takes the time to consider you would realize that any deity would be thrilled to have you as a follower."

>"Now you presume to speak for whole pantheons?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 11:11:09 PM »
>"Do you really feel you're so unworthy of any kind of recognition, Kiku?"

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 11:20:27 PM »
>"Do you really feel you're so unworthy of any kind of recognition, Kiku?"

>"I seek no recognition from Him. I serve Him and His temple, and protect and watch over His followers. That is all. I've done nothing to garner any favor or attention from His eyes, certainly not before Satori."
>The words sound like they come automatically, but, she hesitates after speaking Satori's name, and lowers her head slightly. "Or... at least I would have thought."
>Lily puts down her stuffed roll. "This is a lot to process at once, isn't it, Kiku? You should give it some thought, while we're here. Judge for yourself if this is something you want to do."
>The tiger youkai considers the blondes' words for a moment. "I am afraid." she admits in a quiet voice. "Everything about the idea of... standing before Him. It scares me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 11:25:10 PM »
>"Well, you said that you were afraid that you would be shunned. Why is that?"

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 11:29:19 PM »
>"Well, you said that you were afraid that you would be shunned. Why is that?"

>Kiku glares at you again, but not quite as sharp this time. "Do you truly not see the desire to see one's God as rising above oneself? We are but mortal, and our Gods do not walk among us any longer. That is the way of things. To even entertain the thought of standing in the presence of one's God, before the end of one's mortal life, is almost blasphemy."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 12:09:25 AM »
>"If the gods are so great how they haven't attained Nirvana? ::smug::"
>"Ah. I admit, I do not quite view it that way, but now that you've said it, I think I can respect your thoughts on the matter."

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 12:23:12 AM »
>"If the gods are so great how they haven't attained Nirvana? ::smug::"
>"Ah. I admit, I do not quite view it that way, but now that you've said it, I think I can respect your thoughts on the matter."

>Kiku nods, her severe countenance softening, a little. "I understand your perspective as well, as it differs from mine. I was all but born into the temple, have been a woman of faith ever since I became a woman. It's only natural my views on many matters would not be shared by those outside the temple."
>"Well, that and you never talk about yourself, either, Kiku." Lily mutters.
>Kiku flinches. "No. I suppose I don't."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 12:36:05 AM »
>"If it makes you feel any better, you can blame us for suggesting the idea, and go along with it because it's a more pleasant alternative than possibly getting into a row with Satori"

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 12:51:13 AM »
>"If it makes you feel any better, you can blame us for suggesting the idea, and go along with it because it's a more pleasant alternative than possibly getting into a row with Satori"

>"That's sophistry."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 01:05:40 AM »
>"Perhaps, but it also seems to reflect the situation. It is our idea, and you seem to be considering it largely because it is preferable to the alternative. And I suspect if you don't go along with it Lily will tickle you half to death, so I suppose there may be coercion as well."

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 01:36:21 AM »
>"Perhaps, but it also seems to reflect the situation. It is our idea, and you seem to be considering it largely because it is preferable to the alternative. And I suspect if you don't go along with it Lily will tickle you half to death, so I suppose there may be coercion as well."

>Lily, who had been taking a sip of water, chokes slightly as you 'threaten' Kiku with her. She manages to swallow before laughing. "Tickle?" she asks between giggles.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 01:39:19 AM »
>"But above all else, Kiku, do not go in doubting yourself. If the Tiger chooses not to appear to you, it is not a condemnation of you. When I spoke to him, he told me that while he had actually shown himself to me, he had merely spoken to Lily. He said that this was because he judged it unnecessary to actually show himself to Lily. If he does not show himself to you, Kiku, it will not be a condemnation of your worth. It will simply mean that he does not deem his presence necessary."

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 02:05:24 AM »
>"But above all else, Kiku, do not go in doubting yourself. If the Tiger chooses not to appear to you, it is not a condemnation of you. When I spoke to him, he told me that while he had actually shown himself to me, he had merely spoken to Lily. He said that this was because he judged it unnecessary to actually show himself to Lily. If he does not show himself to you, Kiku, it will not be a condemnation of your worth. It will simply mean that he does not deem his presence necessary."

>"Is this true, Lily?"
>The winged woman nods. "I didn't see Him myself, no. He sent me a vision, a wave of shadow washing over the world. I didn't meet Him, like Byakuren did, but I knew after the vision passed, without a doubt in my mind, that He showed me what I needed to see." She absently toys with the sakura-pink ring on her hand. "And the vision's what led me to accept Byakuren's ring." She looks Kiku in the eye then. "I don't mean to talk above myself, Kiku, but I can talk to what I experienced. And to that I think, if he sent me, a part-timer, a vision, before I became a magical girl, then you, someone deep in his faith and already a part of this fight, is easily worth a vision or two, if not more."
>The metal miko lets out a breath, and follows it with another drink. "It's a lot to consider." she says after a few moments.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 04:50:44 AM »
>Put a hand over Miko's, and look her in the eye, but try to keep our look soft rather than a glare.
>"You may not agree with what I said earlier, about any deity being thrilled to have one such as you as a follower, but I did not say it simply to reassure you. I spoke honestly about the truth as I have experienced and  reasoned. Do you understand?"

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 05:27:45 AM »
>Put a hand over Miko's, and look her in the eye, but try to keep our look soft rather than a glare.
>"You may not agree with what I said earlier, about any deity being thrilled to have one such as you as a follower, but I did not say it simply to reassure you. I spoke honestly about the truth as I have experienced and  reasoned. Do you understand?"

>Kiku seems a touch uncomfortable by the contact, but she does not retract her hand or scowl in return. She simply nods, slowly.
>"I... think so." she says quietly. "I find myself... slightly overwhelmed. This would be overwhelming in and of itself, let alone after everything else that has happened to me today."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 05:29:53 AM »
>"How do you think I felt? At least you have me to help you along; I was thrust into this on my own, with no warning."

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 05:31:17 AM »
>"How do you think I felt? At least you have me to help you along; I was thrust into this on my own, with no warning."

>"Did you face the prospect of meeting your God after your first battle?" she asks you pointedly.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 05:36:19 AM »
>"No. But being thrust into battle was harder for me than it was for you; unlike you, I have not trained for such things."
>"My point is that something like this can be overwhelming to anyone, even if it's for different reasons."

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 06:06:13 AM »
>"No. But being thrust into battle was harder for me than it was for you; unlike you, I have not trained for such things."
>"My point is that something like this can be overwhelming to anyone, even if it's for different reasons."

>Kiku nods again. "I can understand that."
>"I think I... merely need some time. Time to think on this, to process, if you will."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 01:54:07 AM »
>"I understand."

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 02:00:42 AM »
>"I understand."

>Kiku falls silent, then, her conflicting emotions playing over her face for a moment longer, before she gets herself under control. After a moment, she looks back at you again. "I... may have been..." She clears her throat before continuing. "I did not mean to... attack you, as I did. My...." Kiku lets out a breath, sounding vaguely annoyed. "I'm having trouble controlling my emotions."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 02:02:41 AM »
>"It's okay. You don't need to worry about keeping everything bottled up with us."

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 02:07:15 AM »
>"It's okay. You don't need to worry about keeping everything bottled up with us."

>"I'm a centered person. I pride myself of not submitting to wild swings of emotions." She scowls briefly. "I realize that this will likely pass, as I grow accustomed to the events of the day, and what is to come. But it irritates me in the meantime."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 02:10:31 AM »
>"It is fine to be centered, but don't cling too hard to it. Sometimes, it's best to express one's feelings, as long as no harm is done. And thus far, you've done no harm."

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 02:32:41 AM »
>"It is fine to be centered, but don't cling too hard to it. Sometimes, it's best to express one's feelings, as long as no harm is done. And thus far, you've done no harm."

>Kiku's mouth works sideways. "It is... kind of you to say, Byakuren."