Author Topic: Kisume Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 44527 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Kisume Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: August 27, 2012, 11:03:08 PM »

>You are Kisume, Genoskyo's premier drifter, and you got husted by a mysterious man apparently posing as a farmer.
>You live underground, in a bucket, mugging people whenever you can. What meager amounts of money you make tends to go toward food and cheap liquor during your periodic forays into the Ancient City when things seem calm. Otherwise, you make your living scavenging in the caverns.It's not a glamorous existence, scraping along the bottom, but you're proud of it. You're making your own way through the world and that's something they'll never take away from you. You could have had an easy and completely boring life, once, but you decided to forge your own way and live like a proper youkai. You don't regret it. You're proud of the fact that you can live on the go, when so many other youkai have settled down. You're proud that you never stopped making a living as a bandit, even after the Hakurei Maiden established the spellcard rules. You don't have much, but you have your pride and you don't owe anyone anything. You'll never go back to Higan.
>You are able to be extremely patient, sitting in one place for hours without budging an inch. You tend not to keep more than you can carry in your bucket, though you're capable of carrying an awful lot. You have an fondness for old-timey slang, such as calling coins 'thin ones' and referring to your name as your moniker and so on. You have a distaste for settled life; though you don''t mind borrowing its creature comforts. In particular, you hate bureaucracy, paperwork, proper procedures, and the like. Thankfully that seldom comes up. You have a  distaste for open spaces, and a distinct preference for narrow or tight places. While you can be friendly, you're seldom polite.
>You had a run-in with a man dressed as a farmer who managed to deftly fling you into a wall. Upon waking you found yourself left in unfamiliar caverns and slowly worked your way back to the tunnels you know, running into a surprising number of faeries wearing canine ears and requesting that you give them riches. After some misadventures, you learned that the human went into the oni city, and seems to have disappeared.  You explored the unknown caverns, found an old side chamber with a fair amount of things to salvage and an angry evil spirit. You helped a faerie recover a pearl earring that fell in the river, and now have a favor to call in from the canine-eared faeries. Things were going rather well until you accompanied a tengu into the Ancient City and got into a fight with an oni musician. Much to everyone's surprise, yours included, you managed to win that fight. You spoke with Nue and then Yamame, before deciding to go out to the surface to see what you can find about your assailant; especially after hearing from Yamame that he has passed by.  The trail seemed to have gone cold, no one knows of a farmer matching that description, though at least one other person has seen him. You've delivered a message to Eientei for a nice fee, and managed to mooch a relaxing bath and meal off of them in the process, as well as get an enchanted scarf you've found identified. You've gotten on the good side of the Harvest Goddess. You have taken a couple of jobs from Kourindou, which you have largely completed.
>After getting into a scuffle at the graveyard with a jiang shi, you found the man again, only to lose him in the human village after a mad dash through it, finding him again with Sanae's help, and losing him in the forest after he attacked her with a shuriken.  You convinced Kasen to accompany you, and managed to get find the missing pet snake. The latter let you to working with Iku to convince a shy poltergeist she didn't need to disguise herself so heavily. You managed to get some basic information on the man in farmer's clothing with Patchouli's help, finding he was in communication with a woman whose hair is styled in loops. From this, you learned that the woman is awaiting the awakening of someone known as The Prince, and that the man in farmer's clothing was allied to her and this effort in some manner. You managed to kidnap the jiang shi you met from before with Kasen's help, and get her to tell you that the man promised her master an army, and that he came from far away on a chariot that was somewhere in the Forest of Magic. You and Kasen managed to locate a metal room on stilts in the southeastern part of the forest, and entered it to find a maid who called you master and offered you tea. Unfortunately, the tea was drugged, and you awoke to find yourself bound, and the maid speaking with the man in farmer's clothing, who had changed into green clothing of alien design.
>From there, things have become...strange.  That metal room drew you into another world, and you were quickly captured by the soldier there after a tense stand-off. You were then broken from prison by another maid, Ruukoto, who was disguised as the maid who drugged you, VIVIT. She managed to smuggle you out of the building you were in, the Imperial Palace, and got you to some friends of hers named Chiyuri and Yumemi. From what you understand, they have explored Gensokyo in the past, and had tried to do so again, only to return home after aborting the mission and finding that there had been an uprising, and man named Canus had taken over their home and made it into an empire. Living as futigives, they seem to have been planning against him and see you as their chance to deal with him. As well, you've learned he intends to send his forces to invade and conquer Gensokyo for its resources and wealth of magic, which would presumably make life more difficult for anyone opposing him. You've agreed to deal with the Emperor, and have broken back into the palace disguised in native clothing and colored hair. You have broken into a medical wing in search of the keys needed to get up to the Emperor's parts of the palace, and where Kasen has supposedly been kept.
>Just now, you have taken down two soldiers with danmaku, who were guarding a set of double doors in the middle of a hallway.

> Can we see through the doors?

>The doors are solid...some kind of material. They seem kind of like wood, but you get the feeling they're not. They are opaque.

>_
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:17:19 AM by Purvijiri »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Kisume Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »
> "Unless you know what it's like in there, I think keeping up the guise we've got going would be best."
> Point at the bullet machine on one of the soldiers' backs.
> "Or do you think we should grab one of those?"

Poke me on IRC when I get online tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:56:17 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 06:15:23 AM »
> "Unless you know what it's like in there, I think keeping up the guise we've got going would be best."
> Point at the bullet machine on one of the soldiers' backs.
> "Or do you think we should grab one of those?"

>"Um, I don't know," says Ruukoto. "I think you kind of have to know how to use one..."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 10:35:38 AM »
> "Do you know how?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 11:06:27 AM »
> "Do you know how?"

>"Sort of," says Ruukoto, "but I'm not allowed to use weapons. I think, even if I could, I don't have any practice at them."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »
> Shrug.
> "In that case, I don't know how else to prepare for a situation we know nothing about, aside from keeping on what we're doing."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:20:43 AM »
> Shrug.
> "In that case, I don't know how else to prepare for a situation we know nothing about, aside from keeping on what we're doing."

>Ruukoto nods. "Okay, want me to push you in now?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
> "Yeah. Let's do this."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 12:35:04 PM »
> "Yeah. Let's do this."

>Ruukoto pushes you toward the doors, reaching forward to nudge them out of the way.
>Past the doors lays a sizable room, white and full of large, strange machines. Some of the machines bring to mind the bulkier things you've seen in Yumemi's junk room. Some of them sit on the floor, the size of tables, other hang from the ceiling.  Many of them have little wheels on the bottom, suggesting they can repositioned as needs be. Many of them make odd noises, and are probably what you heard in the hall earlier. There are several people here, wearing baggy white clothing and tending to various tasks. In the middle of the room is Kasen, laying on one of the odd beds you saw in the empty rooms and still unconscious. She seems to be unhurt.
>"Who are you?" says one of the people, a short and bulky woman with graying brown hair tied in a bun.
>"The guards!" another woman, this one younger and more trim cries in response, pointing just past you.
>"What?" says a tall woman near the back. "What's happening?!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 12:52:55 PM »
> Oh crap, the guards' bodies are probably still visible, aren't they?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 01:23:05 PM »
> Oh crap, the guards' bodies are probably still visible, aren't they?

>They are still visible.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »
Curse you, video games, lulling me into a false sense of security by always putting the alien in a lab room at the end of a long corridor so the guard bodies are no longer visible.

> Hold up our hands in protest.
> Resume the fake voice if we dropped it.
> "Wait! They'll be okay! They-"
> Have another short coughing fit.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »
> Hold up our hands in protest.
> Resume the fake voice if we dropped it.
> "Wait! They'll be okay! They-"
> Have another short coughing fit.

>You protest, but you don't know if you they really hear you.
>"Someone sound the alarm!" says the thin woman.
>"Where is it?" says the bulky woman.
>"Just call someone!" the woman in the back says.
>"Don't let them call anyone," Ruukoto hisses.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 02:11:23 PM »
> Nothing for it, then.
> Resume normal voice and shoot some arrowheads straight up into the air.
> "Hey! No one's calling anyone!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 02:33:18 PM »
> Nothing for it, then.
> Resume normal voice and shoot some arrowheads straight up into the air.
> "Hey! No one's calling anyone!"

>You shoot some arrowheads up into the air, which draw cries of surprise from all three women, the tall one dives to the ground while the other two scramble behind pieces of equipment.
>"What do you want?!" says the thin blonde woman, as she peeks around a large thing with an arm on the top being what you think it is some kind of light.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 02:57:58 PM »
> Resume a normal conversation tone.
> "A lot of things. But most immediately, I want everyone to calm down so we can talk like civilized people."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »
> Resume a normal conversation tone.
> "A lot of things. But most immediately, I want everyone to calm down so we can talk like civilized people."

>You aren't sure if they're calm, but at least they no longer to seem to be shouting at you or each other.
>"What did you do those guards?" says the bulkier woman. "Are they going to need surgery?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 04:33:07 PM »
> Shake our head.
> "They're just out cold. I don't shoot to kill. They'll be okay soon enough, though they might be sore."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:59:27 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 06:05:45 PM »
> Shake our head.
> "They're just out cold. I don't shoot to kill. They'll be okay soon enough, though they might be sore."

>"Hmph, alright," says the bulky woman.
>"What do you want with us?" says the trim woman, frowning.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 06:28:46 PM »
> Is Kasen's arm still wrapped?
> Give a small, slightly bemused smile.
> "Actually, I'm not sure there's much I can ask of you, really."
> Gesture toward Kasen.
> "How's she doing?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 06:31:57 PM »
> Is Kasen's arm still wrapped?
> Give a small, slightly bemused smile.
> "Actually, I'm not sure there's much I can ask of you, really."
> Gesture toward Kasen.
> "How's she doing?"

>Kasen's arm is still wrapped.
>"What?" says the tall woman in back. "What are you doing here?"
>The bulky woman follows your gesture, then says, "As far as we can tell, she's fine. Not that we can really tell in the case of a new species."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 06:34:28 PM »
> Nod.
> "Good, I'm glad to hear that. In whatever you're planning on doing, though, just remember that people don't have to be human to be people."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »
> Nod.
> "Good, I'm glad to hear that. In whatever you're planning on doing, though, just remember that people don't have to be human to be people."

>"Oh yes, the cranial X-rays alone revealed at least a human-like mental capacity!"
>The slim one gives her a look, while the bulky one says, "I'm guessing you're here to take her, then?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 07:03:20 PM »
> Frown.
> "Only if she's close to waking up. Has she woken up at all since arriving?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 07:10:52 PM »
> Frown.
> "Only if she's close to waking up. Has she woken up at all since arriving?"

>"No, we've been keeping her sedated," says the slim one, fidgeting a bit with one of her baggy sleeves.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 07:11:57 PM »
> "Can she be woken up, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 07:21:55 PM »
> "Can she be woken up, then?"

>"Well, sort of," says the slim one. "But, you know..."
>"She can," says Ruukoto quietly, "And I'm keeping my eye on that one on trying to hide on the floor. I think she might try something."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 08:06:40 PM »
> Take a look at the person on the floor.
> "I don't know, actually."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 08:25:33 PM »
> Take a look at the person on the floor.
> "I don't know, actually."

>The tall woman has kind of picked herself up, and is on one knee.
>"She'll be, uh, groggy, and kind of a danger to herself," the slim one continues. fidgeting with her sleeves more.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 09:51:27 PM »
> "She won't be a danger to herself as long as I'm here. Is there something wrong with your sleeve?"