Author Topic: MoF+ cheat tables for improved stage practice  (Read 8362 times)

MoF+ cheat tables for improved stage practice
« on: August 27, 2012, 10:09:19 PM »
Inspired by the lack of proper stage practice for UFO and PCB, I've decided to put together some cheat engine cheat tables to make everything a bit more customizable.  The purpose is to create a more realistic simulation of an actual run while playing in practice mode, and effectively make it easier to plan your routes.  Included are starting lives, bombs, power, point item values, UFO stock(!!!), and trance gauge.  Be sure to check out the readme as well for some more specific stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zf4u7wcr5ickr45

Sadly I wasn't able to get anything to work with the older games, which was especially disappointing for PCB.  The stage practice for that game is a trainwreck if you're trying to learn border routes.  It'd be really nice if you could edit your cherry and cherry item values...  If someone can get something going for IN and earlier, then please share.

Enjoy :V

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Re: MoF+ cheat tables for improved stage practice
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »
Oh excellent! This gives me a reason to start scoring 10D again - it always kinda annoyed me that I couldn't stage practice my scoring routes efficiently because of the bomb stock being defaulted to 2. Now I can actually practice and try and push for 900m Easy again!

Thanks Chirpy13~

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:31:54 PM »
I already knew about this but awesome job still. The practice options in Touhou are horrible for scoring practice so something like this is certainly welcome.  :)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 11:56:20 PM »
OK, can someone break down for me how I get this to work? I put th10.CT in my game directory, hadn't noticed a change. I'm assuming there's another engine I need to install, but am unfamiliar with the process.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 12:54:04 AM »
Download and install Cheatengine from here.  Once you've got it you should be able to open the files in the rar and see something like this.  Now open whatever the corresponding game is, press that flashing button at the top-left of your CE window and open the Touhou process.  Double click on stuff in the Value column to edit things to your liking, check them off, load up the stage, pause and uncheck them.  You should end up with something like this in the end:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:17:08 PM by Chirpy13 »

Tengukami

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 01:27:12 AM »
Site seems to be down at the moment, but I'll try it later, thanks!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Cor

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 04:18:33 AM »
Crap. This would have been so useful during my UFO practice. Thanks, I'll be using this from now on.

Tengukami

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 06:51:03 AM »
I get some crashy issues with 10D, but apart from that it works great, thanks.

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »
No probs.  The TD issue may be that you haven't patched to 1.00c.  If you have, then I'm not sure what's up there ???.

Tengukami

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »
Yeah, I am patched to 1.00c, so the issue is likely with WINE.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »
This is going to help like you wouldn't believe for timing UFO. It's always been a pain because it starts you at 2 power in practice mode instead of 4 like every other game.
If it was possible to completely lock the power at 4 that would be even better, but if I leave the box checked while playing, I get a phantom shot appearing from the location of my first death.

Oh, and anyone just downloading Cheatengine, you want to grab that second link to the version without the installer, unless you want toolbars and other garbage - even if you uncheck them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:44:09 PM by Goldom »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 02:15:02 PM »
Seems potentially useful, though it's unfortunate that it doesn't work for PCB. Is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to checking/unchecking boxes (and setting their values to whatever you're trying to set them to in the process), to avoid having to interrupt gameplay every time you restart?

Also I learned some interesting things from playing around with modifying values, such as that in TD, 5 power gives Reimu/Marisa/Sanae their trance shot when focused and turns Youmu's unfocused shot into her focused shot, and that in UFO, the point item value is capped at 100,000 for Easy, 200,000 for Normal, and so on up to 500,000 for Extra.

Edit: Also, is there any way this could be used to create something to the effect of GFW stage practice (i.e. start on a stage 2 or 3)?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:22:28 PM by Karisa »

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »
I didn't even think about hotkeys, but it seems there is.  Right click an address --> Set/Change Hotkeys.  Now as for fairy wars practice... It might be.  I'm actually not sure since I don't have it installed right now, but my best guess would be "if it can be done, it's probably not easy to do".  It wouldn't surprise me if Nereid could make some sort of patch for it though, assuming he feels like doing so.  Or if he could figure out what I can't for PCB for that matter.
Spoiler:
Are you reading this, Nereid? *winkwink*
[/size]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:58:05 PM by Chirpy13 »

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 03:32:16 AM »
OK, I was able to figure out something for GFW. It wasn't actually that hard to find, considering that I'd never used Cheat Engine until yesterday.

Start the game, change the stage number to the relevant stage (A-1 is 1, A1-2 is 2, A1-3 is 3, A2-2 is 4, A2-3 is 5, B-1 is 6, C-1 is 11, Extra is 16), and press Esc-R to start on that stage. After that, it seems you can keep using Esc-R to restart without having to set the stage number again. Replays will crash (even if you set it to start on an x-1 stage), but it's for practice anyway.

Not sure how the ice area is calculated, it seems to be logarithmic somehow (is that how floats are stored?). Everything up to 1065353215 is 0%. 1065353216-1073741823 is 1%.
1080000000 is 3%, 1090000000 is 7%, 1100000000 is 18%, 1110000000 is 42%, 1120000000 is 96%,
1130000000 is 218%, 1140000000 is 486%, 1150000000 is 1116%, 1160000000 is 2627%, 1161527295 is 2999%.

Edit: Ice area is now set to be a float in the attached cheat table.

Power is based directly on ice area (so setting the ice area to 3000 or higher will give you max power). The displayed level won't change until your next level-up though.

A few other things are also included in the file from when I was testing. The difficulty level was because I was hoping setting it to Hard or Lunatic while in Extra would cause revenge bullets to appear. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have any effect. (The reverse, setting the difficulty to Extra while in the main game, gives the same effects as Lunatic as far as I can tell, except the starting spell bonuses are 100,000 higher and the medals are those of spell 5, 9, etc instead of 4, 8.)

Medals seem to be preserved when starting on a different stage, and I haven't found any side effects from using this for capture/gold medal purposes (as long as you don't play the main game on Extra difficulty or vice versa). Though I'm not sure if they should count if you set your power higher than something you've legitimately reached by that point in the game.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:52:38 AM by Karisa »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »
I'll just leave this here.

And yes, ice area should be a float.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:27:19 PM by Arcorann »

Phoenix_lostarr

• mrgrgr
  • Rising from the ashes of an old dream~
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 01:41:26 PM »
Don't suppose there's a way to modify trance gauge or communication gauge, is there?

Zil

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 05:30:07 PM »
According to the first post, you can indeed modify the trance gauge. I'm not sure why you'd ever need to change the communication gauge though, unless you just want mess around for the heck of it.

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 09:01:05 PM »
Both of those are in there.  Communication gauge is changed with point item value and graze, trance is a value from 0 to 600.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
If you mean the values on the communication gauge, yes, they're affected by point item value and graze.

If you mean the the part of the gauge that adds an additional x0.00-x1.00 to the multiplier, try 004A56F4. It ranges from 0 to 13000; anything 10000 or higher means you're auto-collecting (this seems to be why the gauge takes a while to actually decrease after you stop grazing or move below the POC). I don't think there's any use to modifying this unless you're trying to force auto-collecting to be always enabled/disabled for fun, though.

(I've also updated the GFW table attached to my previous post, so ice area is set to be a float)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:47:17 PM by Karisa »