Author Topic: Ten Desires Mafia - Game Over  (Read 55775 times)

Ryuki

• Dragredder
Re: Ten Desires Mafia - Day 5 LYLO
« Reply #870 on: August 30, 2012, 05:28:11 PM »
This is paranoid as FUCK. What the fuck. Seriously. This makes no sense. How is it weird that she asked Tojiko to claim before you? Suddenly a VT claim is BS too? There's usually lots of vanilla townies, and we've already had a bunch of prs flip anyway. Soga is also VT (or scum) so ????????.

I'll say that in the following posts after Yuyuko explained the reason behind this, I took it back and admitted I was barking up the wrong tree. The way I saw it, massclaim is 'everyone claim nao'. Not 'OK, I wanna hear who she is' and excluding someone else, especially when you claim VT which wouldn't know who anyone is.

Basically I didn't know about the 'popcorn' style of massclaiming, which lead me to interpret it as 'She knows my role but claims VT so is lying'. That's not paranoid. That's just me not knowing about the whole why we were massclaiming.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #871 on: August 30, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »
Okay about the last point I didn't read the next couple of posts yet. And then cut by Reimu saying the same time. Sorry!

Anyway moving on.

...okay my "moving on" pretty much equivalates to "go answer my yuyuko paragraph" because we need to lynch this girl and I'm going to make two of you get on my side even if I have to start stripping to bribe you.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #872 on: August 30, 2012, 05:30:41 PM »
Also I never said Yuyuko was town in my previous post. I'm saying that it's LYLO so we shouldn't just rush and vote someone. We should think this through as much as we can, especially as it only takes 3 people to hammer. All it takes is 1 townie to vote wrong, and the 2 mafia can blitz it and hammer.

That said, since that *isn't* happening... it's a notch against Yuyuko.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #873 on: August 30, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »
Oh, and the way I'm used to it is:

N1-D1-N2-D2

Not:

N0-D1-N1-D2-N2

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #874 on: August 30, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »
I understand that you're not voting Yuyuko! :3 It's just that you've been unsupportive of her lynch yesterday, and you still sounded unsupportive now.

I've been thinking this through for a very long time already. My vote is not moving, especially with me getting a little waffly between Soga and Futo again. (I cry at the thought of 3p lylo with me and the two of them.)

...okay if it's getting down to deadline and you people just won't vote Yuyuko I guess I might have to in order to have any control over who gets lynched (or to prevent a no lynch into game loss), but, you know what I mean. And I really hope that doesn't have to be a thing, that'd be ridiculous.

Cut:Heheh, well, Kyouko -did- die on N1; it's just, she was not a scum kill. She was a Suicidal role. The flavor is like "oh someone gunned her down" I suppose, but it's just her role. Anyway, it doesn't matter too much. :3

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #875 on: August 30, 2012, 05:37:19 PM »
also futo I know massclaim and stuff but it'd be cool to have gotten opinions out of you when you were actually around since it's not particularly often (or if you still are, then)
cant make a huge post right now because i havent reread yet and im pretty annoyed by yesterday's flip because we were about to break the game wide open. dont particularly think reimu is the scum even if she takes huge leaps of logic. it's two of yuyuko/kogasa/soga imo. soga is there not because i have a particular scumread on her but because :poe: kogasaxyuyuko doesnt seem too likely on the outset but ill be revisiting the exchange i talked about yesterday to make sure we dont have a bamboo forest going on here. leaning towards a yuyuko vote regardless just because of overall game performance; the only thing really worrying me is why kogasa would vote so quickly in lylo, which makes me paranoid she's trying to force a 1v1. will be back later to elaborate in any case.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #876 on: August 30, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »
zzzzz fuck it

you know what actually im pretty tired of this game already. i still dont think reimu is scum and to be honest i havent seen anything that would make soga town or scum. yuyuko x kogasa on review is just absurd. it's got to be yuyuko

##vote: yuyuko saigyouji

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #877 on: August 30, 2012, 05:49:53 PM »
##Vote Yuyuko

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #878 on: August 30, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »
HANMER SHUT UP

« Reply #879 on: August 30, 2012, 06:14:21 PM »
Maximum effort lynchposting:

Yuyuko the Vanilla Townie is lynched, and Reimu and Kogasa the other Vanilla Townies die endgame to Soga no Tojiko, Scum Roleblocker and Mononobe no Futo, Scum JoAT.

Scum has won the game!

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #880 on: August 30, 2012, 06:14:57 PM »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #881 on: August 30, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »
...but in all seriousness, ALL MY TEARS, but I woudn't have done it any different. This is why I insisted Yuyuko needed to die -before- lylo. >_>

Hats off to the scumteam and stuff. They played a good game.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Re: Ten Desires Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #882 on: August 30, 2012, 06:16:06 PM »
Role PMs:

Shadoweh,

You are Kyouko Kasodani, super adorable yamabiko, Myouren Temple trainee and resident Mint Townie Innocent Child Pesco's leftovers. Scum are terrible people who don't want town to have cute things so you were already shot down by a curtain of danmaku during the nonexistant Night 0. ;_;

Abilities
Suicidal Innocent Child (Passive): You have already flipped and are slowly running out of spirit meter. You will lose your playable status at the end of Night 1.
Insomniac (Passive): During the night phase, you may team up with your non-existant, non-Dormio hydra partner Mystia Lorelei to take the town by storm with a kickass punk rock concert. tl;dr you can post at night.

Of course, you also have your word and your vote.

You are a Town Suicidal Insomniac Innocent Child. If you were an ordinary Vanilla Townie, your name would be in green instead. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one (1) townie remains. Best of luck!

Log-In Name:
Password:

-

Dormio,

You are Yoshika Miyako. One day you were rotting several feet underground like a corpse left alone several years is prone to do, when suddenly all your corpse buddies were risen from the ground as jiangshi! You were all "I MUST FIGHT THE JIANGSHI" but then Seiga said "No Yoshika, you are the jiangshi" and then you were a zombie with no particular abilities other than being braindead.

Abilities
Jailguard (Active): Since guarding is all you're really useful for, you may ##Jail another player each night. Actions they make will be redirected toward you, as will any attempts on their life. Players will be informed that they were redirected.

You are a Town Jailguard. If you were an ordinary Vanilla Townie, your name would be in green instead. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one (1) townie remains. Best of luck!

Log-In Name:
Password:

-

drrawr,

You are Mamizou Futatsuiwa. A powerful youkai tanuki, your disguising prowess is second to only that of Jack Black. Right now you're really just here to pal around with Nue and trick humans 'cause that's how you roll.

Abilities
Peeping Tom (Active): Disguises make it pretty easy to sneak around, so each night, you may ##Watch another player. If this player stays home, you will learn who targeted them. Otherwise, you will only be told that they left their house.

You are a Town Peeping Tom. If you were an ordinary Vanilla Townie, your name would be in green instead. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one (1) townie remains. Best of luck!

Log-In Name:
Password:

-

Kilgamayan,

You are Toyosatomimi no Miko. It's a wonder why anybody would ever let you play Mafia if you can just read their desires to learn their wincon anyway. Cheater. At least you're better off than Satori.

Abilities
Networker (Active): Once in the game, you may ##Network two players at night. You will summon them with Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance, and they will be able to talk to eachother outside of the game thread through the state-of-the-art technology of Boss Dialogue During Spellcards? until one dies. You may not self-target with this ability.

You are a Town 1-Shot Networker. If you were an ordinary Vanilla Townie, your name would be in green instead. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one (1) townie remains. Best of luck!

Log-In Name:
Password:

-

Polly-kun,

You are Sanae Kochiya. You refuse to let yourself get trapped by common sense in Mafia, and that's why you never post and get inactivity modkilled every time.

Abilities
Safeguard (Active): Each night, you may ##Guard another player. You will call down the powers of fire, water, air and dirt, and any non-killing actions that target them will be roleblocked. Because motherfucking miracles. You may not self-target with this ability.

You are a Town Safeguard. If you were an ordinary Vanilla Townie, your name would be in green instead. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one (1) townie remains. Best of luck!

Log-In Name:
Password:

-

Schezo,

Your name is Seiga Kaku and you are an unlikeable bitch. You deserted your hasubando just because you felt like it and now you spend your bountiful free time harassing random humans by being clingy and stalking them through walls. As a huge bitch, your special ability is that you may at any time claim to be Seiga Kaku in-thread with no repercussions or side effects whatsoever.

You are a Vanilla Townie. If you were an important power role such as a Town 3-Shot Bulletproof Cop Vigilante Musicboxman, your name would be in blue instead. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one (1) townie remains. Best of luck!

Log-In Name:
Password:

-

Serela,

You are Kogasa Tatara. All you really want to do is startle people by kicking your sandal at them because you're a Kirby boss or some shit idk but that's kind of useless here because everybody familiar with flavor already knew you were going to be in this mafia game. Instead you're going to surprise everybody by reversing your meta and bulldozing through scum without waffling at all! ...right?

You are a Vanilla Townie. If you were an important power role such as a Town 3-Shot Bulletproof Cop Vigilante Musicboxman, your name would be in blue instead. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one (1) townie remains. Best of luck!

Log-In Name:
Password:

-

Omba,

You are Yuyuko Saigyouji. Normally you could probably summon a bunch of goasts and lasers and butterflies and shit to simultaneously protect all the town and vig all the scum in one night, but you've been demoted to Stage 1 boss and you're not even trying. Hopefully you can still get your scum lunch.

Log-In Name:
Password:

-

I have no name,

You are Youmu Konpaku, half-human, half-ghost and half-baked. To the extent that your flavor this game is, of course, Raw Potato Townie. There are rumors going around Gensokyo that in a past life you were a scum rolecop who broke a little girl's heart then beat up Remilia Scarlet in LYLO, but there's no way you'd do something so cruel, right?

Log-In Name:
Password:

-

Majildian,

You are Marisa Kirisame. If anybody understands that both danmaku and mafia are about power, it's you, so naturally you have become the most powerful role in existance, Vanilla Townie.

Log-In Name:
Password:

-

Raikaria,

You are Reimu Hakurei. You're pretty resentful towards Anonymafia because last time you in it a dumb bird quickhammered you on accident when you were scum. Unfortunately now there's an incident going on and you don't really have a choice.

Log-In Name:
Password:

---

Conqueror,

You are Mononobe no Futo and you are the best character in the game. Seriously, just look at your kickass boat, awesome hat and adorable non-existant personality. Recently you got mad because some visiting youkai forgot to push in their chair and ruined your house's feng shui, so you decided to start an incident with some other chumps (probably by fucking around with the weather somehow like every other Touhou plot) and now the town's out to get you for it! Best take them out before they can find you.

Abilities
Buddies! (Factional): You may speak with your scumbuddies, Soga no Tojiko and Nue Houjuu, at any time in this quicktopic.
Nightkill (Active, Factional): If none of your teammates are already doing so, you may ##Nightkill another player at night to remove them from the game.
1-Shot Follower (Active): Once in the game during the night phase, you may ##Follow another player. You will learn the name and effect of any action they used that night.
1-Shot Watcher (Active): Once in the game during the night phase, you may ##Watch another player. You will learn of any players that targeted them that night.
1-Shot Sneak (Active): Once in the game during the night phase, you may ##Sneak another player. They will appear to not have left their house.
1-Shot Disabler (Active): Once in the game during the night phase, you may ##Disable another player. This player's active and passive abilities will become unusable for the following day and night phase. Your target will only be informed of this in a case where it would normally be possible for them to use an active or passive ability during this ability's duration.

You are a Mafia Jack of All Trades. If you were an ordinary Vanilla Townie, your name would be in green instead, and if you were an important power role such as a Town 3-Shot Bulletproof Cop Vigilante, your name would be in blue. You win when your faction controls at least half the votes and at least one (1) mafioso remains. Best of luck!

Log-In Name:
Password:

---

BT,

You are Soga no Tojiko, probably the closest thing this game has to Nameless Midboss Spirit aside from Nameless Midboss Spirit itself. Really, you probably get the least attention out of the entire Ten Desires cast just because your sort-of rival slash sort-of friend was the Stage 5 boss and not you. This has made you a very frustrated vengeful spirit, so you decided to start an incident with some other chumps (probably by fucking around with the weather somehow like every other Touhou plot) and now the town's out to get you for it! Best take them out before they can find you.

Abilities
Buddies! (Factional): You may speak with your scumbuddies, Mononobe no Futo and Nue Houjuu, at any time in this quicktopic.
Nightkill (Active, Factional): If none of your teammates are already doing so, you may ##Nightkill another player at night to remove them from the game.
Roleblocker (Active): Each night, you may ##Roleblock another player by giving them an electric shock with your zigzaggy thunderbolt arrows. Any actions they use will fail.

You are a Mafia Roleblocker. If you were an ordinary Vanilla Townie, your name would be in green instead, and if you were an important power role such as a Town 3-Shot Bulletproof Cop Vigilante, your name would be in blue. You win when your faction controls at least half the votes and at least one (1) scum remains. Best of luck!

Log-In Name:
Password:

---

Raitaki,

You are Nue Houjuu, and you're not that relevant to this game's plot but decided to drop in anyway to play pranks with your best bud Mamizou. You've gotten kinda bored lately, so you decided to start an incident with some other chumps (probably by fucking around with the weather somehow like every other Touhou plot) and now the town's out to get you for it! Best take them out before they can find you.

Abilities
Buddies! (Factional): You may speak with your scumbuddies, Mononobe no Futo and Soga no Tojiko, at any time in this quicktopic.

You are a Mafia Goon. If you were an ordinary Vanilla Townie, your name would be in green instead, and if you were an important power role such as a Town 3-Shot Bulletproof Cop Vigilante, your name would be in blue. You win when your faction controls at least half the votes and at least one (1) mafioso remains. Best of luck!

Log-In Name:
Password:

Night Actions:
Quote from: N1
Mamizou (Peeping Tom): Watch Nue, see her leave
Miko (Networker): Network Yoshika and Mamizou, fails due to Safeguard
Sanae (Safeguard): Safeguard Yoshika
Yoshika (Jailguard): Jailguard Miko

Futo (JoAT): Watch Miko, see Yoshika
Nue (Goon): Nightkill Sanae
Soga (Roleblocker): Target Marisa

Quote from: N2
Miko (Networker): Network Futo and Tojiko, success
Yoshika (Jailguard): Jailguard Nue

Futo (JoAT): NK Miko
Nue (Goon): Idle
Soga (Roleblocker): Block Yoshika

Quote from: N3
Yoshika (Jailguard): Jailguard Seiga

Futo (JoAT): Follow Kogasa, see her stay home
Soga (Roleblocker): Nightkill Yoshika

Quote from: N4
Futo (JoAT): Nightkill Marisa
Soga (Roleblocker): Roleblock Marisa

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #883 on: August 30, 2012, 06:17:05 PM »
Hate to say I told you so Kogasa... but I told you so :/

Although I might have given them the idea too...

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #884 on: August 30, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »
Also laughing that Miko networked two scum.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #885 on: August 30, 2012, 06:19:23 PM »
Hearty congratulations go to Yuyuko for single-handedly losing the game for town by playing as far from your win condition as possible.  Enjoy your card.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #886 on: August 30, 2012, 06:23:22 PM »
Postgame comments:

Screw you guys D1.  Seriously.  Futo and Kyouko (scum and confirmed town, not good) are the only ones I feel were actually paying attention to me the second half of the day, everyone else seemed to be writing me off as "oh, that's scum".  I went crazy, basically threw away my entire day trying to A. not get lynched and B. find the scum.  and I got mostly ignored, seemingly for 1 vote the previous day I made while half asleep. I apologize my my sort of outburst in the final hour of the day, but when you've been going that long and barely made any progress, it's very frustrating.

I tried my hardest and got flak right in return.  If this is how every anon game is going to go, I made the right decision in sitting out of every anon game prior to this one, and made the wrong decision joining this one.  *~MoTKTown~* changed and stopped giving free passes, but there's no excuse not for looking again without any assumptions to see if that changes your view.  Several players crossed that line by a lot.  If you read my LD1 as town and continued to vote me because I'd already claimed and you didn't want to random lynch then you're not playing to your wincon if you're town.  I'd say that would have been a damn fine place to use the no lynch because several people were reading me as town and voting me: no lynch>town lynch right?  Hopefully the rest of the game plays better for town because that D1 seriously disgusted me (moreso now that I see no scum had to vote me), and it's a meta I don't want to play future games with. (said meta is extreme confirmation bias to the point of ignoring anything that might contradict it)

I'm at least somewhat pleased that people seem to have noticed the unwillingness of many players to re-think their read.  I would like to know why it was so unconvincing though.

I still want to know why Serela didn't believe my claim, *reasons* isn't a reason.

Also, 8 townies lynched me.  You monsters.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #887 on: August 30, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »
Well that sure was a thing. Can't help but think that this was the easiest LyLo ever for scum. :\
Not an exaggeration. I didn't have to do anything at all.
Also, 8 townies lynched me.  You monsters.
Yes.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #888 on: August 30, 2012, 06:25:22 PM »
Also welcome to the forum (or just the mafia section, or whatever) Majildian :D You did well!

IHNN:It was because you claimed flavor of half-baked potato or something. The last game had actual literal  flavors like that, but this game didn't, so it instantly looked like a fakeclaim gone bad to me when you claimed that upon being asked flavor. I wouldn't have actually -voted- you for something insignificant like that, but since I was already on you, well.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #889 on: August 30, 2012, 06:25:32 PM »
*Uninstalls Google Chrome*

GOOD RIDDANCE TO THAT.  :V

Anyway, good game, too bad Yuyuko pretty much threw, and I'll probably not take part until a theme I know squat about comes up so I can actually RP a little more than this thread where I was grasping ropes.

Which looks like quite a while.

Also, I re-thunk reads several times in the whole game I have no name :/. Even YUYUKO.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #890 on: August 30, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »
I'm amused by how people can forget absolutely every bit of improvement from the last game so quickly.

Hearty congratulations go to Yuyuko for single-handedly losing the game for town by playing as far from your win condition as possible.  Enjoy your card.

You gonna have to explain the details to me because reading the context here is going to be effort.

Edible

« Reply #891 on: August 30, 2012, 06:26:32 PM »
The last game had actual literal  flavors like that

Half-human, Half-ghost, Half-Baked is Youmu's official title <_<;

ALSO POTATO IS NOT AN ICE CREAM FLAVOR I THINK(?)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #892 on: August 30, 2012, 06:27:21 PM »
I know it's her official title but he claimed it like a literal flavor D:

IT'S NOT LIKE IT WAS THE REASON I VOTED HIM OR ANYTHING IT WAS COMPLETELY INSIGNIFICANT ;_;

« Reply #893 on: August 30, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
ihnn i get that you're salty because you got mislynched day 1 but blaming the people voting you isn't going to do you any good

everything else about this game pretty much speaks for itself. set-up feedback would be nice, like i said in shadoweh's graveyard (which she can post if she wants) peeping tom originally got full track results but i changed it at the last minute because watcher is already pretty buff. not sure if that was for the better or worse

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #894 on: August 30, 2012, 06:28:12 PM »
The last 2 hours of Day 2 was the worst thing I have ever seen in a mafia game. Otherwise, GJ scumteam.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #895 on: August 30, 2012, 06:30:46 PM »
Oh, that's a point, seeing as this was my first game on MoTK Mafia...

On a scale of 1 to Potato how bad did I do?

1 being realy, seriously, derpiliciously bad. Potato being whatever number you want to use it on a scale of.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #896 on: August 30, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »
For a first game that was pretty great :3

Edible

« Reply #897 on: August 30, 2012, 06:32:17 PM »
Oh, that's a point, seeing as this was my first game on MoTK Mafia...

On a scale of 1 to Potato how bad did I do?

1 being realy, seriously, derpiliciously bad. Potato being whatever number you want to use it on a scale of.

Potato rankings are limited to dormio only.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #898 on: August 30, 2012, 06:32:58 PM »
IHNN:It was because you claimed flavor of half-baked potato or something. The last game had actual literal  flavors like that, but this game didn't, so it instantly looked like a fakeclaim gone bad to me when you claimed that upon being asked flavor. I wouldn't have actually -voted- you for something insignificant like that, but since I was already on you, well.
It wasn't a lie though ;_;   
I know it's her official title but he claimed it like a literal flavor D:

IT'S NOT LIKE IT WAS THE REASON I VOTED HIM OR ANYTHING IT WAS COMPLETELY INSIGNIFICANT ;_;
Flavor was requested and I gave all the flavor I had.

Also, I re-thunk reads several times in the whole game I have no name :/. Even YUYUKO.
I wrote that wall right after my lynch, with a few edits here and there afterwards.

ihnn i get that you're salty because you got mislynched day 1 but blaming the people voting you isn't going to do you any good
It's not so much D1 but what I perceived as wasted effort.  Also no one really said what I did that I hadn't already acknowledged so I still don't have an reason for it other than stubborn town.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #899 on: August 30, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »
I'm glad I was quickhammered right after Futo made the damning post.  Whoops.

I'll be straight in that I really played like shit this game.  I had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind Youmu might flip town but I didn't want to just pursue it because she was the strongest read for me.  Sorry IHNN.

I'm honestly not surprised that no one really read the wall war Toziko and I got into.  Now I know how to avoid a lynch as scum is to just make decent sounding walls that everyone will skim and no one will really pay attention to.

Reimu Miko and Kogasa played well this game.