Author Topic: Elly Quest - Reaper in Red  (Read 46851 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Elly Quest - Reaper in Red
« on: July 28, 2012, 08:05:57 PM »
Foreword:

Yep, the character I'm using for the next quest is one that never even appeared in Rumia Quest. Elly!

As Yuuka's guard, and the one who guards the boundary between Gensokyo and the Dream World, I feel Elly is a character that has hidden depth. Not to mention she does seem like an interesting character. I love characters without completely defined characters and hidden depth to GM, since that allows the players to help dictate their personalities to some extent.

---

> You are Elly. You don't have a second name. It's just Elly.

> You are currently at the same point you always are, guarding the gateway to the Dreamworld, and, specifically, Yuuka's Mansion. Not the one in the Garden of the Sun, her REAL mansion, and her real garden. The Garden of the Sun and it's mansion is nothing compared to Yuuka's true home. In fact, the Yuuka that stays in Gensokyo is nothing but a split of her, with a fragment of her power, the real Yuuka lives in the Dreamworld.

> Over to you

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Elly Quest - Reaper in Red
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 08:11:24 PM »
>What did Boss Yuuka have planned today?
>What did Boss Yuuka have planned for us today?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 08:18:21 PM »
>What did Boss Yuuka have planned today?
>What did Boss Yuuka have planned for us today?

> You're not sure about the branch of her in Gensokyo, but Yuuka in the dreamworld usually does three things with her day, sleep, tend to flowers, and find some poor soul in the dreamworld to torture. Never the same person twice in three days, since she likes variety.. and them to heal. If she can't find anyone she gets you, and if she can't find anyone besides you twice in three days she gets depressed.

> Hopefully nothing. Hopefully she finds something to make scream. While Yuuka is your boss, you serve the whole dreamworld, as you guard the entrance to there. She doesn't actually see you that much, outside of her sadism.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »
>...Were we the last one she got at?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 08:37:23 PM »
>...Were we the last one she got at?

> No, today is not a 'safe' day for you. However, it is surprisingly rare for her to have to resort to you. She's satsified even if her Gensokyo 'branch' gets someone to torture. The most dangerous time for you is winter, when there are less flowers to attract people to her. It's summer.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »
>Well, at least we're mostly in the clear.
>"Hmm...I wonder who boss will get at next?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »
>Well, at least we're mostly in the clear.
>"Hmm...I wonder who boss will get at next?"

> Indeed, you breathe a sign of relief.

> "Who are you talking to, silly gatekeeper~" a voice says. You know who this voice belongs to, the pusedo guard of the Dreamworld, because she makes her home at the lake of blood, which must be crossed to reach the gate to the Dreamworld.

Kurumi
Vampire that never needs to hunt

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 08:50:29 PM »
>"Oh, hey there Kurumi. I was just talking to myself really."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 08:54:38 PM »
>"Oh, hey there Kurumi. I was just talking to myself really."

> "Like usual. You're nutty, I swear. Spend so much time with that sadist, and standing there all day long." the vampire says. "Aside from that sadist plant do you even have any friends?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 08:55:30 PM »
>Relationships
>Abilities
>Inventory
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »
>Relationships
>Abilities
>Inventory

> Yuuka - Employer, Sadist, Tormenter

> Mugetsu and Gengetsu - You know of them, usually the dream world portal leads to Yuuka's dreamworld unless she specifically wants to be alone, in which case, since Yuuka is the only one who wants contact with outside [Due to her tenancies], the portal leads to a random dream dimension, usually Mugetsu and Gengetsu's.

> Kurumi: Annoying vampire that bugs you often. At least she's not a fairy.

> Abilities:

Flight
High Pain tolerance
Fast healing
Immunity to death by age
The ability to fling floor tiles without touching them.

However, your scythe has more notable abilities. The wood used to make it was taken from several apple trees, specifically, the original breed of apple, Malus Sieversii. One of these trees actually later turned Youkai, a rare, but far from unheard of, occurrence. This retrospectively effected your Scythe, making it magical. As such, your scythe is a precious treasure to you.

Inventory:

Your red outfit.

Your Semi-Youkai Scythe; Malus. Malus has the ability to have the handle change it's shape and size, although this is limited to double or half it's original mass, and it cannot be made thin enough so it cannot hold the weight of the blade, or else it would snap [So no millimetre thick massive length scythes]. The scythe's shapeshifting responds to your will. This allows you to use your scythe to bypass defenses by changing direction suddenly, even at 90 degree angles or more. Your most common use is using the shapeshifting to change the aerodynamics, allowing you throw Malus like a boomerang.

An apple in your pocket.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
>Smirk a bit. "Eh, with how often you show up, I sometimes wonder if you don't have an 'interest' in the boss."
>We may as well mess with her a bit while she's here.
>Beat.
>...The boss' habits are starting to rub off on us it seems.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 09:13:12 PM »
PC-98 character. *Does not approve* Mainly beacues I've never played the pre-Windows games and have very little knowledge of their casts, though. But whatever.

>Why do we continue to serve Yuuka?
>For that matter, why did we start?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 09:29:51 PM »
>Smirk a bit. "Eh, with how often you show up, I sometimes wonder if you don't have an 'interest' in the boss."
>We may as well mess with her a bit while she's here.
>Beat.
>...The boss' habits are starting to rub off on us it seems.

> "Nah, I just get bored. Not many people go near a lake of blood. Kinda a bad omen. You may be a no-freinds masochist but you're at least fun to annoy." the vampire comments.

PC-98 character. *Does not approve* Mainly beacues I've never played the pre-Windows games and have very little knowledge of their casts, though. But whatever.

>Why do we continue to serve Yuuka?
>For that matter, why did we start?

[Oh come on, Rumia might as well be PC-98 with how little recognition she's got compared to the other EoSD characters. You'll grow to like Elly I hope.]

> You began, and continue, to serve Yuuka because she effectively saved your life when you decided to leave the service of the Yamas. You used to be a Shinigami-in-training, but you disliked the job of harvesting souls for judgement, and hunting down hermits and celestials. However, once you are in the service of the Yamas, and been in their realm, it is not easy to leave.

> That and you hated the stuck-up Yamas. Shikieiki's lectures in particular. The nature of the dreamworld stops the Yamas from interfering, as the dreamworld is a realm not captivated by life and death's cycle, so it is the one place where you are confident you are safe. You'd choose Yuuka over the Yamas anytime.

More Relationships Available:

Shikieiki Yamaxandu: Indirect Enemy; head of the Yamas, who you went into Yuuka's service to escape from since you disliked the Shinigami role and the Yama's attitudes.

Komachi Onozuka: Old Aquintence. You were training under her. You two got on well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 09:33:15 PM »
>Shrug. "Better than getting lectured all the time."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 09:38:43 PM »
>Shrug. "Better than getting lectured all the time."

> "Only if you're a masochist~" Kurumi says, flying off as she sticks her tongue out. She evidently has never had to sit through one of Shikieiki's lectures. Those are torture in their own right.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 09:43:16 PM »
>Well, that's one thing we wouldn't wish on our worst nemesis.
>Well, maybe we would.
>Sigh. "Well, at least she isn't a fairy, right Malus?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 09:48:30 PM »
>Well, that's one thing we wouldn't wish on our worst nemesis.
>Well, maybe we would.
>Sigh. "Well, at least she isn't a fairy, right Malus?"

> You might find it hard to wish Shikieiki to lecture herself, or at least hard to have it succeed.

> The scythe bends so that it looks like the blade is nodding. Malus cannot talk, but it can twist to do some minor communication. You just will it to answer.

> "Ah, Elly~"you hear a voice say from the direction of the portal. You are pretty confident you know who this is, and it's not a good thing if you are right.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 12:01:01 AM »
Turn to the portal. If it's Yuuka, nervously ask "Any luck, mistress?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 07:55:56 AM »
Turn to the portal. If it's Yuuka, nervously ask "Any luck, mistress?"

> You turn to the portal. It is indeed Yuuka.

Yuuka Kanzami
The Rose's Thorns

> "I am not here on that matter Elly, but another. Do you even know how long it is you have been standing guard here, hiding in fear of the Yamas?" Yuuka says.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 09:15:34 AM »
...DO we know? If we cannot remember, use:

"I'm afraid I can't quite recall," ask with a small sigh of relief. "Not long enough yet, I'm sure."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 09:28:17 AM »
...DO we know? If we cannot remember, use:

"I'm afraid I can't quite recall," ask with a small sigh of relief. "Not long enough yet, I'm sure."

> You don't recall.

> "I thought that might be the case. Let me ask you then, how many times in the last thirty years have you had to keep someone out of the Dreamworld?" your employer asks.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 09:30:02 AM »
>Aside from those people from the first time, how many other times have we had to?
>...Those two were strong, to have been able to defeat not just us and Malus, but Boss too..
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 09:39:41 AM »
>Aside from those people from the first time, how many other times have we had to?
>...Those two were strong, to have been able to defeat not just us and Malus, but Boss too..

> Only a couple of times, to your memory. However, not within the last thirty years. Only the Miko and Witch, on the same day, were during this period.

> To be fair, they snuck in while she was asleep, and was far from fighting seriously, even in the second round. It's exceptionally rare for Yuuka to fight seriously, unless someone has actually made her particularly mad, normal mad just makes her hold back moroso than usual, so there's more left for her to torture afterwards, really mad is likely to lead to immediate atomisation. She wasn't mad at the Witch and Miko, she was just having some fun with them.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 09:41:59 AM »
>"Only those two from a while ago Boss, the Witch and the Miko.....Even though they managed to beat me."
>Sigh, and sag a fair bit. "I guess I'm not too good at this, huh?"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:44:35 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 09:54:46 AM »
>"Only those two from a while ago Boss, the Witch and the Miko.....Even though they managed to beat me."
>Sigh, and sag a fair bit. "I guess I'm not too good at this, huh?"

> "Half right. I think you need to go out. You're a gatekeeper that's not having to defend from anyone. You've hardly fought in over thirty years. You need practice. So, I've decided, you're on holiday. Go out into Gensokyo and do something. Learn about people who may come so you know what to expect, get into some fights, even if you try to avoid fights odds are you'll get into them anyway.  In my view, what point is there in a gatekeeper that's forgotten how to fight, and doesn't know who she's guarding the gate from?" Yuuka says with a tone that makes it sound like you have no choice.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 09:58:45 AM »
>"So...Just get in a lot of fights, learn more about those people out there where your branch is, and get stronger? I dunno if I'll ever be able to match up to you though Boss, you're on a whole other level compared to everyone else. Even that branch of yours is on a whole different caliber. But I guess there's no helping it huh? May as well enjoy myself while I'm at it. Maybe the apples out there are able to keep up with the ones from here now."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »
>"So...Just get in a lot of fights, learn more about those people out there where your branch is, and get stronger? I dunno if I'll ever be able to match up to you though Boss, you're on a whole other level compared to everyone else. Even that branch of yours is on a whole different caliber. But I guess there's no helping it huh? May as well enjoy myself while I'm at it. Maybe the apples out there are able to keep up with the ones from here now."

> "Yes, go about this however you want to~. Cause trouble, stop trouble, just doing nothing will probably end up with someone wanting to fight you, it's Gensokyo after all. I don't mind how you do it, but you're too rusty, and besides what I've told you, you know nothing about the powers of others. First hand experience is a thousand times better than my explanations~" Yuuka says.

> When you meet someone in Gensokyo, you can recall Yuuka's information about them. Yuuka knows most citizens of Gensokyo somewhat, and, as the gatekeeper who can make use of the knowledge, tells you stuff about them. As a result, despite not meeting characters before, you do know a bit about them, such as their power, and overall fighting ability [Although everyone is different shades of weak to Yuuka]

> "Oh, you have no chance of becoming able to hold a candle even to my cutting in Gensokyo. However, not many can. I can count on one hand the number who can fight even the cutting which has a faction of my power." Yuuka says.

[You can go about this however you want, even cause an incident if you want to. Elly can be good, bad, neutral, or whatever. Different actions will obviously bring different encounters and attitudes to you.]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:06:02 AM by Raikaria »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »
>"So...What would you suggest? Start an incident for the laughs?"
>Fistpalm. "Maybe by stealing all the apples!"
>Beat.
>"...I think I might be a bit obsessed with apples."
>Fistpalm again. "But if I'm gonna start an Incident, I'll need minions! Maybe I should drag Kurumi along if I'm gonna do that."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:10:07 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 10:12:13 AM »
>"So...What would you suggest? Start an incident for the laughs?"
>Fistpalm. "Maybe by stealing all the apples!"
>Beat.
>"...I think I might be a bit obsessed with apples."

> "I don't care what you do~ do whatever you think is best, your holiday. Personally I'd stir up some trouble, but I'm strong enough no-one can really stop me if I'm serious. Main reason I have that cutting, so if I get bored I can use that to stir up trouble yet still have fun and have to be weary of losing."

> "I might be a bit obsessed with people's screams and flowers. Your point?" Yuuka says in reply.

[If you want to start an incident I'll hold off posting so you lot can discuss what and how and everything]