Author Topic: Touhou Score Thread IV  (Read 19992 times)

Touhou Score Thread IV
« on: June 29, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »
Can we have a score thread again?

Thinking that this might be a good general thread for this topic, has anyone watched any good progaming documentaries lately? I watched Frag and King of Kong today, I know there's a general touhou documentary, but wouldn't it be neat if there was one focused specifically on the lives of touhou superplayers?

Given the chance, would you want to feature in a film about touhou superplayers?
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Seppo Hovi

Re: Touhou Score Thread IV
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
It would be cool to know more about the superplayers than their Tweets and blogposts tell, indeed. However, I would not want to be shown in a documentary myself, since I am not a superplayer. And to be honest I'd rather keep some privacy.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »
It would be cool to know more about the superplayers than their Tweets and blogposts tell, indeed. However, I would not want to be shown in a documentary myself, since I am not a superplayer. And to be honest I'd rather keep some privacy.

Yes! But isn't there a pretty big competitive touhou community in Finland? I would personally think it would be cool to get the different perspectives of people from different communities, like American/Finnish/Japanese/Chinese and such, but it will probably not happen unless touhou becomes more mainstream.

Even if asked, I would be very reluctant about being interviewed myself, who knows what the people making the film make out of the footage, you could end up looking like a complete douche like Billy in the King of Kong.

Immortal Momiji!

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
Finland mainly has 14-17yo girls doing cosplay.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 06:34:41 PM »
I would watch it but if if I was a superplayer I probably wouldn't participate lol

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 11:15:37 PM »
OK, this thread seems about to be locked, so I might as well ask again here:

Does anyone have any idea how to reach the 90,000,000 score in LLS Normal mentioned here? It seems to imply that it's possible to gain 27 million points in stage 6...

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 09:52:11 PM »
Can we have a score thread again?

Thinking that this might be a good general thread for this topic, has anyone watched any good progaming documentaries lately? I watched Frag and King of Kong today, I know there's a general touhou documentary, but wouldn't it be neat if there was one focused specifically on the lives of touhou superplayers?

Given the chance, would you want to feature in a film about touhou superplayers?

progaming documentaries? I've only seen starcraft / starcraft 2 documentaries. Ever heard of SlayerS_`BoxeR`?

Yes! But isn't there a pretty big competitive touhou community in Finland? I would personally think it would be cool to get the different perspectives of people from different communities, like American/Finnish/Japanese/Chinese and such, but it will probably not happen unless touhou becomes more mainstream.

Even if asked, I would be very reluctant about being interviewed myself, who knows what the people making the film make out of the footage, you could end up looking like a complete douche like Billy in the King of Kong.

Finnish touhou community has grown. 3-4 years ago there was just Ltc, sasupoika and me. But now we have many skilled players.  Enough players that we can have our own weekly tournament. You can see the archive here.

I do know something about Chinese touhou community because I have followed them for years. Doujinstg has a thread about Chinese players. link here. It's a list of players, there's little bit some background information about them like what school they are going or what they are doing for living and then there's of course a list of their achievements.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 10:15:44 PM »
I do know something about Chinese touhou community because I have followed them for years. Doujinstg has a thread about Chinese players. link here. It's a list of players, there's little bit some background information about them like what school they are going or what they are doing for living and then there's of course a list of their achievements.
>东方永夜抄 Easy 咏唱组 0 Graze All
Do you happen to know if they ever posted this replay? I would want to see it.

Also if you do a bit searching on the Finnish forums Dodgeball posted the link to you can find out how the majority is about 14-17yo girls doing cosplay and posting about their daily matters.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:18:27 PM by Seppo Hovi »

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 03:24:44 AM »
progaming documentaries? I've only seen starcraft / starcraft 2 documentaries. Ever heard of SlayerS_`BoxeR`?

Of course! I haven't watched any documentaries about starcraft though, I will look into that.

Finnish touhou community has grown. 3-4 years ago there was just Ltc, sasupoika and me. But now we have many skilled players.  Enough players that we can have our own weekly tournament. You can see the archive here.

Thanks a lot! That was some interesting reading, even if I didn't understand much.
Do you have any news about LYX's MoF WR replays? I really want to watch those.

Also if you do a bit searching on the Finnish forums Dodgeball posted the link to you can find out how the majority is about 14-17yo girls doing cosplay and posting about their daily matters.

Ha ha, I'm guessing the majority of touhou fans everywhere are like that, or at least don't play the games as much as they obsess over some other aspect about touhou.

Immortal Momiji!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 07:16:25 AM »

I'm very interested.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 08:46:01 AM »
I know there's a general touhou documentary, but wouldn't it be neat if there was one focused specifically on the lives of touhou superplayers?
Hm, interesting. I was thinking of this just now. I would definitely want to see one and if someone would think I'm good enough then I guess I could participate. I wish there would be a documentary like that some day.

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 09:11:17 AM »

Yeah, I have seen YMR's Magic Team no graze run.

You can't download any replays from doujinstg if you dont have an account, so I'll just mirror it to gensokyo.org

ok, here it is

original thread is here. I can upload the stage practise replays too if you want.

Do you have any news about LYX's MoF WR replays? I really want to watch those.

No news about that one. Sorry.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 07:27:40 AM »
Hard - Reimu
mikeKOSA - 3,415,270,220 - Cb - 0.07% - Replay

y

Must practice IN again. Except I have no time :ohdear:

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »
So I checked the EoSD score board and I was surprised that the highest Lunatic score had gotten past the highest Extra one.

Looking at the replay, I think it's the most impressive scorerun I've ever seen. Dude supergrazes literally everything (often for very little point reward), dodges every pattern that he doesn't bomb for star items perfectly, and I can't even see any room for improvement. Looks tool assisted, even, but I assume that if it's on the wiki it's not actually.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 02:11:17 AM »
IIRC the current EoSD overall WR by Ichizoku on Lunatic collects several point-items under the PoC at places where they - could - be picked above the PoC and also fails Scarlet Gensokyo.

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 05:31:31 AM »
So I checked the EoSD score board and I was surprised that the highest Lunatic score had gotten past the highest Extra one.

Looking at the replay, I think it's the most impressive scorerun I've ever seen. Dude supergrazes literally everything (often for very little point reward), dodges every pattern that he doesn't bomb for star items perfectly, and I can't even see any room for improvement. Looks tool assisted, even, but I assume that if it's on the wiki it's not actually.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/High_scores/Updating_guidelines
I assume the people updating the high score boards believe it is not tool assisted.

Detecting tool assisted replay issue has come up several times in the past. Some time ago there were some tests done to detect tool assisted slowdown.

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »
And oh boy what a test that was...

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 05:40:13 PM »
And oh boy what a test that was...
It's not my fault people took it off topic  :V

Although if people could call out the slowdown in spells practice then they'd definitely call it out in a full run.

I'm kind of curious what the process is for developing scoring routes, anyone has any insight on that? (not because I want to do them, but because I want to know how it's done)

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 06:02:58 PM »
I'm kind of curious what the process is for developing scoring routes, anyone has any insight on that? (not because I want to do them, but because I want to know how it's done)

When I made my SA route I just learned to graze a few things and practiced some attacks/spells to the extent where I could time it out effortlessly in practice, then I tried doing it and adapting if anything went wrong.

If you are making a route to beat the WR I would guess either studying the current WR and other high scoring replays and mix their routes for a better result and making notes of how many and where the items in the games are dropped, how much graze/UFO's/spirits etc. can be gained where and basically test some stuff to find something that you think can give you an edge over the current records. Honing your skills to the point where you feel that you can pull off all the supergrazes and spells you intend to capture along the way is probably a good idea too. But I'm not sure since I never did anything like that.

Oh, and DSDQ when?

Immortal Momiji!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 06:09:40 PM »
Oh, and DSDQ when?
I still haven't downloaded the last bunch of replays...I'll get on that.  I was kind of busy with a charity marathon last week but I should be able to get on that pretty quickly.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 08:32:58 AM »
I'm kind of curious what the process is for developing scoring routes
"try ridiculous/nonsensical things"
"(ab)use the game system"
attempt to hug bosses all day erryday
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22581

I'm speechless. I don't know who this is anymore. If it's him I don't know who he is anymore. Just... what.
He broke the WR, didn't he??
Yes it's a WR breaking replay.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:35:39 AM by Seppo Hovi »

Heian_Alien

• Act normal...
  • Act normal!
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22581

I'm speechless. I don't know who this is anymore. If it's him I don't know who he is anymore. Just... what.
He broke the WR, didn't he??

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 09:20:20 PM »
Who is this him you speak of?

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 04:40:17 AM »
A certain superplayer who prefers to stay unknown to great audiences, I believe.

However, it was not him.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 10:30:51 AM »

I had to.

Zil

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 04:29:34 PM »
Does anyone know what determines the number of points you get from freezing in GFW? It seems that for really low percentages you just get the percentage multiplied by 1,000. It's different after that (~70% will give you half a million, for example.) How it translates into motivation and bombs would also be nice to know. I've seen that getting 30% freeze area will give you 20% bomb increase, while 29% freeze gives you ~10% bombs. If there are any other 'thresholds' like that it would be good to know about them.

Him can't play touhou he has claws for hands. >:O

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 08:50:09 PM »
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fairy_Wars/Gameplay
Not sure if all questions answered there.

Zil

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »
Wow. I really didn't expect it to be on the wiki, so I didn't even check. :derp:

Thanks for pointing it out.

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 08:40:32 AM »
TEN beats UKT's SA Lunatic ReimuC WR! I was screaming at my monitor during the stage 6 post midboss part, so much awesome. I hope UKT wants to defend this!

Immortal Momiji!