Author Topic: Mystia 'Quest': Making a Living [Complete]  (Read 45387 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Mystia 'Quest': Making a Living [Complete]
« on: May 27, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
This is basically what I've come up with while I plot for the next part of Rumia Quest. I see it as a chance to develop the Rumia Quest characters without a serious atmosphere. Still, it'll be canon to the RQ storyline.

This is going to work significantly differently to the way Rumia Quest worked. You'll find out when you get to the point when that matters.

And yes I said next Saturday. But I have free time now.

You don't need to know the Rumia Quest storyline for this. Feel free to jump in if you haven't before! It's a different character, and a different style of game.
---
> You are Mystia Lorelei, a Night Sparrow Youkai.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:59:37 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Mystia 'Quest': Making a Living
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »
>What did we have planned for today?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 09:52:32 PM »
>How much can we bench, bro?
>What does it mean to be Mystia Lorelei? Do we exist in a spot in spacetime? Why are we?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »
>What did we have planned for today?

> Well, right now it's tonight. But this makes little issue for a Youkai. As it's late Winter, Cirno is nowhere to be found, although she'll turn back up in a few days, if the melting snow is any indication, and Rumia has recently been meeting with this strange lady, for what she says is training. You've been spending time with Wriggle, but she has to look after the insects too.

> As such, you've been focusing on your hobby, your grilled lamprey business! Origionally, you ran it as a scam about night blindness. Unfortunetly, Reimu found out. However, upon her admitting your cooking tasted nice, you decided to go legit.

>How much can we bench, bro?
>What does it mean to be Mystia Lorelei? Do we exist in a spot in spacetime? Why are we?

> You can lift Wriggle, although you don't know how much she weighs. Youkai are by defult stronger than humans however, barring faries, and magicians.
> You attempt to think about philosophical issues surrounding your existance. This just makes your head hurt.  Maybe you'll ask Yukari when you next see her. If you next see her. Actually, speaking to Yukari makes your head hurt worse than thinking about this.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »
>Well, where do we usually go to get ingredients?
>Do we know of anyone who might know about new ingredients we haven't tried using yet?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 10:34:36 PM »
>Are we nowhere? Are we everywhere?
>Everywhen?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 10:37:12 PM »
> Do we have an inventory? Do we need to look for inventory?
> Who are our regulars? Do they pay?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »
>Well, where do we usually go to get ingredients?
>Do we know of anyone who might know about new ingredients we haven't tried using yet?

> You usually collect them in the waters of Misty Lake. Your talons are pretty excellent at doing this, as is your keen, bird eyesight. When it comes to seasonings, it's stuff you forage.

> You guess the best people to ask would be the humans, however Keine will not let you in the village. Youmu and Yuyuko are probobly good too... but you'd rather go nowhere near Yuyuko, seeing as you're on her menu. Not to mention you have no clue how to get to the Netherworld.

>Are we nowhere? Are we everywhere?
>Everywhen?

> You are currently sitting in a tree, next to the path to the human village.
> It is about 3 am.

> Do we have an inventory? Do we need to look for inventory?
> Who are our regulars? Do they pay?

> Since you're pretty fast, and your stand isn't far from the Misty Lake, you actually catch the Lamprey as you get orders. Lamprey cook pretty fast. You always keep some foraged stuff for seasoning at your stand. Of course, if business picks up, you might have to find a way to store the lamprey.

> Your most regular 'customer' is Wriggle, who obviously dosen't pay, she's your pal. You don't have any 'regulars' but humans going to and from the village stop by when your stand is open. The humans do pay, but since Keine dosen't let you in the village, you can't spend it. You just hide the money in a special place. You've also had Reimu and Marisa by a couple of times, and Sakuya turned up once, as she was going to the human village for supplies.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 10:46:22 PM by Raikaria »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 10:56:57 PM »
>When it comes to food storage, are we aware of the mighty Zeer Pot?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 11:28:04 PM »
>Maybe we should ask Reimu, Marisa, or Sakuya about new ingredients to use with the Lamprey.
>Who knows, we might hit it big by introducing a new variety of the Lamprey we usually make.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 11:29:07 PM »
> Maybe we should try attracting customers with a song?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 11:42:30 PM »
> Have we ever eaten Wriggle, since she's a bug and we're a bird?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 11:51:18 PM »
>When it comes to food storage, are we aware of the mighty Zeer Pot?

> Nope, never heard of it.

>Maybe we should ask Reimu, Marisa, or Sakuya about new ingredients to use with the Lamprey.
>Who knows, we might hit it big by introducing a new variety of the Lamprey we usually make.

> You're not sure you'd want to talk to Marisa about a diet, or Reimu, for that matter. Sakuya might have a clue, but she, put simply, dosen't like you. She's kinda scary too. When she came by, she ordered, went o the human village, came back to collect, paid, and then walked off. You don't even know if she actually was the one to eat it. Maybe she gave it to China.

> It's always possible to branch out!

> Maybe we should try attracting customers with a song?

> You're unlikly to attract anything except fairies at this time, but, regardless, you being to sing. Your lyrics are not exactly logical, like normal, but it's the voice that counts.

> Have we ever eaten Wriggle, since she's a bug and we're a bird?

> No. You'd never eat Wriggle. Although you might have eaten a firefly or two during your life before you were a Youkai. Now that you're a youkai you don't *need* to eat, although youkai do eat sometimes just because they like doing so.

> You see a figure coming your way. You get the feeling you've seen it before, but you cannot recall exactly where, and it's too dark to tell. It might be a potential customer, so you fly over to your stand, which is near your perch.

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 12:28:20 AM »
>Why aren't we allowed in the village? We're harmless to humans. ... Now.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 01:01:16 AM »
> Approach the potential customer unseen. Can we make out any details?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 01:37:38 AM »
>Bark out our wares!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
>Why aren't we allowed in the village? We're harmless to humans. ... Now.

> The only Youkai that you know of who is allowed in the human village is Yukari herself. And that's only because Keine can't stop her anyway, and Yukari only ever goes in to drop new entrants to Gensokyo off. Fairies, being faries, sneak in sometimes, but when they're caught, they generally have to re-spawn somewhere.

> Approach the potential customer unseen. Can we make out any details?

> There is no need to approach, since the customer is heading your way. You realise that you have only seen this person in passing.  Firstly, it's a male. Secondly, he has short blonde hair, and is wearing glasses. His outfit is blue and white, and he has some kind of bad on his front.

> Youkai get this feeling when around humans, it's normal. However, while your senses are saying that this man is human, they're also saying he's a youkai. You don't get this mixed feeling around Alice.

>Bark out our wares!

> You shout about about grilled lamprey. You hear the man chuckle.

> "Not the only one in business outside the village then."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 01:24:55 PM »
> Some kind of bad what?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »
>"Best grilled lamprey you ever had! So good it'll set your taste buds aflame! For a brief moment, you will see the face of Brahmin, and he will say 'Yummy!' Don't pass up this chance to have the best night of your life!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 02:19:08 PM »
> Some kind of bad what?

> As the man gets closer, her answers your question by introduceing himself as Rinnosuke Morichika, a half human half youkai, and states he is the 'Kourin' Marisa mentions sometimes. You have never heard of him, so this dosen't help you.

>"Best grilled lamprey you ever had! So good it'll set your taste buds aflame! For a brief moment, you will see the face of Brahmin, and he will say 'Yummy!' Don't pass up this chance to have the best night of your life!"

> You decide to keep on advertiseing. You hear the man's stomach rumble a little.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
>Grin. "So, wanna order something? These ears of mine tell me that you're lookin' to get something to eat y'know."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »
Consider asking him about new ingredients to put in the lamprey. He might know something, and he seems more friendly than any of our other viable options.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »
>Grin. "So, wanna order something? These ears of mine tell me that you're lookin' to get something to eat y'know."

> "Well, I heard Marisa going on about it once, so I figured since I was in the area, I might as well stop by. Sure." Rinnosuke says.

Consider asking him about new ingredients to put in the lamprey. He might know something, and he seems more friendly than any of our other viable options.

> "Unfortunetly, I am not a cook. I sell items that find their way into Gensokyo from the human world. My most frequent customers are the Kappa, Yukari and Marisa, although Sakuya Inzanoi stops by sometimes for books for the mansion's librarian, and Alice Margetroid occasionally shows up for materials. Of course, there might be an item of use to you at some point." Rinnosuke explained.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 04:53:21 PM »
>"Huh, maybe I'll find a cookbook or something. At least then I'd have a reason to learn to read, ehehe..." Grin in a slightly embarrassed way.
>How do we usually cook the lamprey? Do we just grill it? Or do we have other methods at our disposal?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 06:08:24 PM »
>"Huh, maybe I'll find a cookbook or something. At least then I'd have a reason to learn to read, ehehe..." Grin in a slightly embarrassed way.
>How do we usually cook the lamprey? Do we just grill it? Or do we have other methods at our disposal?

> "Maybe." Rinnosuke says. You don't know why you claim you can't read at all. You only struggle with small print! That said, Aya has made most people think you can't read at all, so, maybe it's just simpler.

> You can only grill the lamprey on a makeshift grill which you made yourself. You're quite proud of it. You do this by starting a small fire under the grill using twigs. The grill itself is made of branches of a special tree in the Forest of Magic which is uneffected by fire. Even if you had other methords, your stand is too small to allow you to use them. Grilling the lamprey only takes a couple of minuites, and going to catch them and returning only takes about five. By all means, it's still pretty fast food.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 06:24:15 PM »
>"Hmm...Maybe I should upgrade the stand to have a bit more room to work with. So that way I can do more than just grill."
>Do we already have some Lamprey? Or do we need to fetch them as orders come in?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 09:07:34 PM »
>"Hmm...Maybe I should upgrade the stand to have a bit more room to work with. So that way I can do more than just grill."
>Do we already have some Lamprey? Or do we need to fetch them as orders come in?

> "Maybe. Maybe not. It depends. Do you feel like you need to expand right now?" Rinnosuke asked.

> As mentioned before, you have no way to store Lamprey, so you catch them on-demand.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 09:53:43 PM »
>"Well, I was thinking of doing just more than grilling them. Like maybe boiling or baking."
>"Well, you're gonna order some Lamprey right? I'll go and catch some. I can't really have any in stock right now because I don't have anything to store 'em in, so I catch 'em as orders come in. I'll be back in a couple minutes!"
>Let's go catch some Lamprey!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 10:52:29 PM »
>"Well, I was thinking of doing just more than grilling them. Like maybe boiling or baking."
>"Well, you're gonna order some Lamprey right? I'll go and catch some. I can't really have any in stock right now because I don't have anything to store 'em in, so I catch 'em as orders come in. I'll be back in a couple minutes!"
>Let's go catch some Lamprey!

> "As I said before, I don't really know much about cooking, and I hardly need to eat anyway, being half youkai. I do still need to eat, being part human, of course."

> "Oh, I might have something suitiable at my shop." Rinnosuke says.

> You fly off to the Misty Lake to catch some lamprey. You see Daiyousei flying towards you as you arrive.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 11:00:32 PM »
>Lamprey comes first, we can chat afterwards.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!