Author Topic: Town must lynch the scum to death. (Chelsea and the 7Devils Mafia Game Over)  (Read 48329 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Conq guessed Shadoweh before the game started, but she's the third-easiest player to guess (Preceeded by Rawr and me. Although arguably, if I really tried and managed a good game at the same time, I could theoretically disguise myself. The chances of it occuring are incredibly small though, so.)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

So HW, does your comprehensive guide still fit?
it caught omba perfectly when everybody else thought he was px, so i'm going to say to an extent yes

a lot of people played in a way that the guide wouldn't catch though, but it's not like flowcharts are supposed to ever be relied on

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
it caught omba perfectly when everybody else thought he was px, so i'm going to say to an extent yes

a lot of people played in a way that the guide wouldn't catch though, but it's not like the flowcharts are supposed to ever be relied on

I tried to avoid paragraphs and huge. :V Did it work?

Conq guessed Shadoweh before the game started, but she's the third-easiest player to guess (Preceeded by Rawr and me. Although arguably, if I really tried and managed a good game at the same time, I could theoretically disguise myself. The chances of it occuring are incredibly small though, so.)

The twitterposting settled it to be either Rawr or Dormio for me, but when he did stupid shit and behaved anti-Town I figured it was Rawr. Dormio generally has better manners.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I caught Affinity from his use of metaphors. Or similes or whatever it was. I wasn't trying to figure him out, but I just read his first or second post and it was like "Look'it that there Affinityism!" It was the first time I figured out someone other then Shadoweh :V

Something about vultures.

I was looking at Endymion (in the scum qt, I didn't really read any of his posts until after I died *cough*) and kept trying to remember "WHO USES >:<". The only people other then Shadoweh who played mafia that came to mind were... well, Chaore. BUT I WAS WROOOONG.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

a more accurate answer: it would've caught serela (easy), rawr (easy), BT, omba, dormio, schezo and shadoweh

vhaltz, town!affinity and rex aren't on the flowchart (okay well rex is if you count kilga's tell), bard and i have overly specific, easily-avoidable tells and pesco, bard and conq all used different formatting from what they've been using in recent games

BT's tell only works for this game if you interpret it the way i do, though. it's supposed to be a "does he continue the same thought in a new line/paragraph" dealie rather than the way i actually worded it

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Pesco was playing? ...Affinity wasn't Septentrion? But.. what?
I tried to avoid using self-meta. >.> I also as people on IRC can attest, had no idea who anyone was ever. I didn't even know who Serela was until he Serela'd all over the thread. Also what's with torturing newbies with post restrictions? O_O

I heard the graveyard is a hate party just for me. Sorry? >_> I didn't say anything I thought was untrue. I made some horrid mistakes and stumbled like an idiot but well.. that's kind of what I do as town.

At least something makes sense to me now.
> Uncontrollable urge to lynch Joker
> It was Schezo

Yeah screw that we're taking Eyes to LYLO to torture her. B)
CONQ

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
I tried to avoid using self-meta. >.>
Pfffffffft. Good one.

Bardiche

Declaring how Town you are is avoiding using self-meta?

... Pesco was in this game? OhgoddidIkillmybro.

declaring how town you are isn't self-meta
declaring that you only talk about how town you are as a townie, which shadoweh was doing, is self-meta

also the only time i remember using self-meta to defend myself was when i was desperate scum

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
H'okay. So.

Scum Cutie
Graveyard Cutie

Team Town

Dormio:

You are Lord Dechronos, fat prophet, steer killee, genie, and main antagonist! You have it out for both Bunny and Chelsea more than anyone else, and it's time to kick their ass once and for all for sealing you again! ...Except all your abilities appear to still be sealed. Aside from your ability to be fat. You're still very fat. Such is life, you suppose.

You are a Town Time Keeper! As cool as this role name sounds, though, you're just a Vanilla Townie. Sorry. :[

You win when all the threats to town have been eliminated. Good luck!

Side note: This was the only VT role PM with flavor that suggested why the role was VT.

Vhaltz Les Adieux:

You are El Bobomboi, PlatineDispositif's premiere anti-sequence-breaker! Like hell are those girls getting by you again! And if they so much as DARE fight Pyoa Aaaa before they come to see you...you don't even know what's gonna happen. But it's gonna be big!

You are a Town Heart Breaker! As cool as this role name sounds, though, you're just a Vanilla Townie. Sorry. :[

NekoNekoRex:

You are Nuko do Maron, a giant cat with strangely long forearms! You only wanted to have a civil conversation with those strange girls, but then they went and smashed your paws! You have meowed revenge for this insult!

You are a Town Pussyfeather! As strange as this role name sounds, though, you're just a Vanilla Townie. Sorry. :[

Affinity:

You are Selena Milfall, the best damn antagonist in this game! Forget Bunny and Chelsea, you're the PlatineDispositif logo! You're so much more important than them! And you need to knock them off to remind everyone of that fact!

You are a Town Shiniwanabi! You have been partially trained in the arts of soul reading, but you have also been partially trained in the arts of slacking off like nobody's business. Every night, you may target a player and learn their role name. If you target a player on consecutive nights, on that second night, you will learn their alignment. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about your role in private.

Side note: Standard (if there is such a thing) Slowcop. It never came up in the actions, and Affinity never asked, but he was Sane.

Bardiche:

You are Baron Vladmu, a vampire with a combination handgun-Elvis haircut! You speak English, Japanese, and German, and can even communicate through nothing but Zero Wing quotes! It's a shame those two girls beat you up instead of staying around for tea, but you'll be sure to get them back for it!

You are a Town Video Killer! Your brilliant plan of flashing your enemies to kill them in one shot having been foiled, you recently came across a strange called a "remote mine". At night, you may throw this mine at another player, and it will stick to them. You may then detonate the mine on a later night, and it will explode, killing them and anyone they may have been targeting that night, and anyone who was targeting them during the night! You can also choose to detonate the mine the same night you throw it, but if you do, you will be caught in the very fatal explosion alongside your target, anyone they were targeting, and anyone that targeted them, so be careful. You have only one mine; use it wisely. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about your role in private.

Side note: This is the Remote Minecrafter version of the Proximity Minecrafter from days of yore, except a lot more gruesome. Not listed in the role PM, but given upon further inquiry, is that the explosion took priority over active protective roles, such as Doc or Jailer, that targeted the mine target. Explosions are messy~.

(Side note 2: I was disappointed when Bard didn't spend all of ED1 speaking in German like he did in Tsundere Mafia as Asuka Soryu. ALAS)

Shadowert:

You are the Eyes of 13 Sages, a giant wall full of eyes. You are more than 26 eyes in all, which implies there's more than 13 sages, but that's less important than staring Bunny and Chelsea to death for the crime of beating up you and your fellow devils!

You are a Town Funkasaurus! Funk is on a roll, and somebody better call your mama! You are so active with the funk that you don't sleep! Every night, you may post in the game thread about the game without fear of mod repercussion.

Side note: Standard Insomniac. One of the extremely few roles where the name actually came with the action.

BT:

You are Pope Cuckoobeater, the first boss of the Prison Tower! You have a score to settle with those two girls for squashing you and your buddies!

You are a Town Carriage Driver! Each night, you can lock one other player in your Cinderella-style carriage, which them proceeds to turn into a pumpkin, keeping them tucked safely away! Unfortunately, while this will keep them safe from night kills, it will also prevent them from acting that night.

Side note: Standard Jailer.

.rawr:

You are Lord Pumpkinquiche, the second boss of the Prison Tower! You have a score to settle with those two girls for how they jacked you and your buddies up!

You are a Town Mid-Mid-Boss! As cool as this role name sounds, though, you're just a Vanilla Townie. Sorry. :[

Omba/Schezo:

You are Choker Joker, the third boss of the Prison Tower! You have a score to settle with those two girls for how they carved you and your buddies up!

You are a Town Laughingstock! As strange as this role name sounds, though, you're just a Vanilla Townie. Sorry. :[

huh wot m8:

U-umm...You are Halloween Alice, the final boss of the Prison Tower. ...Yeah...

...You are a Town Seedy-Looking Human...it's just a Vanilla Townie role, though. O-oh...oh well...

You win when...u-uhh...all the threats to town have been eliminated. ...Good luck...

Team Scum

Selena Serela:

You are Pyoa Aaaa, a tank that talks in giant letters for no obvious reason! You can be rather simple-minded, since you're just a tank, but you still want to get them two protag girls good!

You are a Town Noisemaker! As cool as this role name sounds, though, you're just a Vanilla Townie. Sorry. :[

---

At least, that's what you want town to think.

You are actually Bunny the Honeywhite! You came back to mess with all the antags again because hey, why not? It was kinda fun last time. Also you're still cursed! What the hell!?!

You are a Scum Noisemaker, though this is actually the opposite of what you do. Every night, if you do not go on the scum faction kill, you may target one person and learn who they are. Your target will also not be able to post more than 100 words in each of the 24-hour intervals that makes up the following day. (Note that this effect only lasts for one day.)

Your partners are Endymion and Septentrion Pleiades, and you may communicate at any time in this QT.

You win when the scum faction outnumbers the non-scum population, or nothing can prevent same. Good luck!

Conqueror:

You are Endymion, an annoying-as-shit midboss when on the Chelsea path! All you were doing was sitting there, minding your own business, when these two asshole chicks came and beat you up just for being in the way! The nerve! You'll show them! You'll peek up their skirts so hard...!

You are a Town Private Eye! As cool as this role name sounds, though, you're just a Vanilla Townie. Sorry. :[

---

You are actually Chelsea Mamonarge! (Just as I got the best girl in Sword Girls, you get the best girl in C7D.) You came back to mess with all the antags again because you need something to distinguish yourself from the rest of your sisters. Being the 618th daughter of the Elf King garners him a lot more prestige than it does you.

You are a Scum Private Eye. Every night, if you do not go on the scum faction kill, you may target one person and learn their role name and role function.

Your partners are Pyoa Aaaa and Septentrion Pleiades, and you may communicate at any time in this QT.

You win when the scum faction outnumbers the non-scum population, or nothing can prevent same. Good luck!

Side note: The name came before the role. Funny how it worked out. Not funny that people in the graveyard QT tried to imply the role came before the name.

Pesco:

You are Septentrion Pleaides, a Byakuren-looking 7th Force reference! It is your duty to restore the honor of the fallen devils by destroying the two girls responsible.

You are a Town Seizure Victim. As strange as this role name sounds, though, you're just a Vanilla Townie. Sorry. :[

---

You are actually Raocow! OH MAN. You came back to mess with all the antags again because you need some more good content for your channel, and this series was pretty popular, if largely for the wrong reasons.

You are a Scum Seizure Victim. No one suspected you as the true final devil until you revealed yourself - what kind of devil is a little girl that convulses upon seeing a Pikachu on TV? Given your amazing acting job, every night, if you do not go on the scum faction kill, you will return town to alignment investigators and be immune to nightkills.

Your partners are Pyoa Aaaa and Endymion, and you may communicate at any time in this QT. You'll need it, too, since playing as scum is definitely a thing!

Other stuff in next post.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
Also, since I forgot to mention it, the Noisemaker is Shuuei's Revenge, yes.

Night 1

Scum kill: Halloween Alice via Septentrion Pleiades
Scum rolecop: Pope Cuckoobeater (Result: Carraige Driver)
Scum soul steal: Nuko Do Maron (Result: NekoNekoRex)

Selena cop: Nuko do Maron (Result: Pussyfeather)
Baron mine: Pumpkinquiche + No detonate (Roleblocked!)
Cuckoobeater jail: Baron Vladmu (Success!)

Night 2

Scum kill: Pope Cuckoobeater via Septentrion Pleiades (Success) (Killed!)
Scum rolecop: Selena Milfall (Result: Shiniwanabi)

Selena cop: Endymion (Result: Private Eye)
Baron mine: Pope Cuckoobeater + Detonate (Success!) (Killed!)
Cuckoobeater jail: El Bobomboi (Exploded! El Bobomboi killed!)

And there you go. (For the record, the GF BP would have survived the Remote Mine blast, had Pesco been mine'd while he took no actions.)

It was here that I stopped actually keeping track of night actions in Notepad BUT

Night 3

Scum kill: Nuko Do Maron via Endymionh (Success!)

Selena cop: Choker Joker (Result: Laughingstock)

Night 4

Scum kill: Selena Milfall (Success!)

Selena cop: Choker Joker (Result: Town) (Killed!)

---

Other thoughts

- Town MVP...either NekoNekoRex or Schezo, I'd say. Both did fantastic jobs under less-than-ideal circumstances, be it a posting restriction or replacing into the game. Scum MVP kinda defaults to Conq, though I feel bad for Pesco and his quality game getting cut short by bad luck.

- Having a town Slowcop and a scum Rolecop in the same game was an egregious error on my part, and I apologize to Conq for setting up the possibility of him getting into a stupid claim conflict slapfight (Y TOWN HAV 2 NAMECOPZ???). I'm very thankful it ultimately never came up.

- I did think the No Lynch considerations were lame, as much as I understood them from a tactical standpoint. I was sorely tempted to come into Day 4 and declare No Lynch no longer an option since it was MYLO, but I figured that would have been super lame, and the rules mean nothing if those that enforce them don't abide by them. All the player meta nonsense was also pretty lame. The lamest thing all game (outside of Rawr's attitude), though, was Affinity constantly screaming for role PM flavor, half because that's a bullshit anti-spirit-of-the-game way of "scumhunting" and half because I had forgotten to supply a sample vanilla PM and thus all the town power roles wouldn't know that vanillas didn't have flavored PMs (an ignorance that could have been abused to determine who had a role and who didn't).

- So the mine! I suspect I will not use it again in a game this small, but I also believe Night 2's happenstances were a statistical anomaly. It would cause a lot of chaos in a role madness game where everyone or most everyone had some sort of night action, but there were several vanillas in this game, as well as a role that didn't have a night action in the Insomniac. With 3 active town roles (including the miner, whom I predicted would not actually use the kamikaze function, so shame on me for that) and 2.5 active scum roles, I figured the chances of the mine being super swingy were low enough that it was worth trying out. I still think those chances are low, as much as they came extremely close to passing - scum almost killed Choker Joker that night instead, which would have meant four dead townies and no dead scummies going into a Day 3 MYLO situation. Ultimately, even with the chaos it caused, I don't think it tipped the scales at all; Bard "caught" the scum that (in my opinion) would have been the hardest to lynch on words, but it cost town three important townies and, essentially, a full 72 hours of discussion. A roughly even trade, given the circumstances of the game. I'm all for opinions on it, though.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

so

An Untitled Mafia next

right???

Kilgamayan

• True
Maybe! I'm not sure those bosses have names, though, and none of the characters are anywhere close to as awesome as Chelsea and Selena.

i'd be against the mine on principle due to the possibility of d2 potential lylo. all bard would have to do is blow up a suspicious townie who the cop thought was a good target while the scum killed somebody else, and welp

i suppose it was unlikely enough that it wasn't a big deal but masskills just generally aren't very cool

cut: the AUS bosses have unofficial names, except fluffy and shakespeare who are semi-official
AUS mafia wouldn't make sense for anon, though.

EDIT: further problem with the mine is that if it killed an extra townie, that townie was guaranteed to be a town power role. scum was unlikely to target a vigbait townie, while the cop and in some cases the jailer were
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:45:57 AM by huh what »

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
I was asking for flavour from Neko because I was quite confused that she claimed Pussyfoot when she was in fact a Pussyfeather, and that Tank of All Trades just sounded weird.  Guess it was an automatic thing, but I don't claim to have wanted to use it in place of 'scumhunting'.

Yeah, Endymion fooled me completely with his AtE.  Not reading that he claimed non-consecutive doc was pretty bad.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Huh.  I was following along with this and wondered what even happened N2.  Now i see...a mine happened?  That certainly was unlikely.

Bardiche

(Side note 2: I was disappointed when Bard didn't spend all of ED1 speaking in German like he did in Tsundere Mafia as Asuka Soryu. ALAS)

Give me Asuka again and I will speak German ALL DAMN GAME for you. F?r dich, meiner Liebsten Mod. Ich will gerne wieder Asuka spielen weil es ist der bester Anime Character. (tl note: I suck at German)

Also: I used the mine because I missed a significant portion of D2 and wanted to spare Town the trouble of pointing fingers at me, I was annoyed with the trolling by Pumpkinquiche (as evidenced by how I wanted to waste my kill on him), and altogether I had less time than expected. To me, it was an excellent way out while taking care of someone Town seemed to think was Scum.

And I was all right with sheeping to Eyes.

Shadoweh

Cat Planet Mafia? :D

I didn't think you were scum Bard. ;-; I would have fought hard to lynch someone less sexy. Sorry I put the scum second on the list.

A trapper role was my second guess because :Kilga: but it seemed less likely because I didn't think Kilga would put so many eggs in one basket. :V Oh well. I think it's somehow appropriate for the mine to be awesome.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

I swapped to Pope after your nightpost, I think I targeted Quiche before that. Not sure anymore.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Pfffft HE WAS ACTUALLY RAOCOW

I'm happy that I got the reference in the scum QT title fairly fast.

Shadoweh

Post 30 in the scum QT nearly made me inhale noodles whole. Stop trying to kill me.
"Also I'm using this game to test how much genuine AtE I can put into a scumgame. I've got a huge library to pull from and I want to see how much I can fit in naturally!" <--- -.- I'M ONTO YOU

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Dat reaction when scum realize I'm a newcomer

:3

Probably wouldn't have been bothered by getting lynched early, I'm quite surprised I was elected for Town MVP and that I lived as long as I did. All those text walls were certainly daunting though.

Also if huhwhat wants some self-meta on me I have a tendency to make consecutive post trains since I can never seem to get all my thoughts into one or two posts. I have a penchant for editing posts since I have a disjointed train of thought (but obviously I can't do that in mafiers so I end up making several posts at a time). Also because I don't proofread.

Although technically he should already know this

choo choo
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:38:38 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

proofreading is a good thing though, i have the same issue and i'm pretty sure my play quality increases when i make an effort to think first instead of rapid-fire posting

disjointed trains of thought are for serela anyway. do you want to be like serela?

in any case, i'm probably not updating the chart until after the next anon game, whenever that is

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
I dunno, maybe?

I don't know who serela is (except that he's Poya Aaa)

I don't expect you to update the chart just for little 'ol me though
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:50:31 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

serela is pyoa aaaa's player. it's possible you'd have to play with him more to understand on second thought just read D4 onwards of shadoweh's game
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:49:59 AM by huh what »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Totally gonna only know these people by their anonymafia identities for the next three months

This game is alot more satisfying then the games I played before, I gotta admit

tl;dr understatement version of serela's play: he gets sidetracked/confused and waffles a lot unless he's already tunneling on somebody, and we basically all poke fun at him for his constant incoherency

we still love him tho <3

Shadoweh

Also he has a fetish for firetrucks.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Ftr, if I was town, day 1 would have seen my vote on Shadoweh and the same plays for the rest of the days. Serela was simply legit scummy and I was busy with work.