Author Topic: Satori Quest II - Earth Spirit Festival  (Read 88922 times)

Nekomata-chan

Satori Quest II - Earth Spirit Festival
« on: April 28, 2012, 05:50:17 PM »
>You are Satori Komeiji.

The story so far...
>Recently, you were paid a not-too-pleasant visit by Marisa Kirisame, who attempted to steal your spellcards. Fortunately, you caught her and managed to restrain her.
>Unfortunately, she did escape with a few of your spellcards. To add to that misfortune, she had been possessed by one of Orin's spirits that had gotten loose.
>Koishi had followed her, and gotten herself into quite a mess, too.
>You and Orin visited Marisa's house. There, you were knocked out and shut in a cupboard. Luckily, Orin managed to get herself, Koishi and you out of there.

>When exorcising the spirit that had possessed Marisa, Koishi got a bit hurt. You told her to take it easy for a while, but she certainly isn't one to take things sitting down.
>You even visited the Scarlet Devil Mansion, where you were threatened by a rather paranoid Patchouli.
>When you returned home, you got the idea to start a festival in a few days.
>So far, you have prepared quite a bit. Outfits, trophies, a stadium... even testing possible candidates.
>You tested Remilia, Sakuya, Mokou, Koakuma, the Three Fairies and Cirno. Cirno's fight was... interesting, as you had inflicted her brain with the effects of a few books which did more than you expected.
>Okuu and Mokou fought, too... and it ended quite abruptly when Okuu had a small flash of insanity.
>You brought Patchouli to the palace and set her straight about her fears and misconceptions about you. Now, you're quite pleasantly acquainted.

>Now, however, you are snacking on some rice cakes and dumplings with Koakuma and Patchouli. Patchouli has just asked you how the festival preparations are coming along.

>Muse thoughtfully. "Well, there are nine days left until the start, as I've said earlier. And the stadium is as you saw moments ago. Yukari will be lending a hand in creating the battlefield for the Battle Tourney, so that people can fight at their full potential without worry of collateral damage."
>Pause. "So I suppose the only other thing would be arranging living quarters for all the festival-goers who hail from the surface."
>Patchouli nods slowly, "Trust Yukari to be the one behind a lot of things, eh?"
>Look to Patchy with a slight grin. "I was actually hoping that since you'll be one of the festival staff, that you would stay at Chireiden for the duration of the festival. It wouldn't be very easy on you to be trudging back and forth you know. And besides, Marisa, and even Reimu, have been down here since the other day."
>Patchouli smiles warmly, "I'd be happy to. It seems like this festival will be a recurring event, so I would certainly love to be a part of the staff."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Satori Quest II - Earth Spirit Festival
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:54:29 PM »
>Smirk. "That's the plan dear, I plan to make this week-long festival an annual thing."
>"But truth be told, I only have three major events planned. The Battle Festa, the Danmaku Contest, and a Concert at the stadium. I was wondering if you had any ideas for other events?"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 05:57:23 PM »
>Smirk. "That's the plan dear, I plan to make this week-long festival an annual thing."
>"But truth be told, I only have three major events planned. The Battle Festa, the Danmaku Contest, and a Concert at the stadium. I was wondering if you had any ideas for other events?"
>Patchouli thinks for a while, quietly.
>Koakuma bursts in with a wide grin, "How about a fashion contest?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 06:04:17 PM »
>Smirk deviously. "I might be tempted to participate in that myself, if it wasn't for me being the Festival Lead Organizer."
>Pause. "You know, there's a very good tailor down here, I ordered new outfits for myself, Okuu, Orin, and Koishi earlier today. They should be finished within the next 4 days."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »
>Smirk deviously. "I might be tempted to participate in that myself, if it wasn't for me being the Festival Lead Organizer."
>Pause. "You know, there's a very good tailor down here, I ordered new outfits for myself, Okuu, Orin, and Koishi earlier today. They should be finished within the next 4 days."
>Koakuma grins, "You could have different sections! Have an Oni fashion contest, a human one, a Youkai one, a fairy one, a tengu one..."
>Patchouli smiles, "Koa, given you're often quiet, I never realised you have such quick wits."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 06:10:10 PM »
>Grin. "That should work rather nicely, though we would have to have them during lull periods in the tournaments, since the battle tournament is slated to start on the second day, and end on the final one."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »
>Grin. "That should work rather nicely, though we would have to have them during lull periods in the tournaments, since the battle tournament is slated to start on the second day, and end on the final one."
>Koakuma grins, "Yeah, it'll certainly be something to fill the time!"

>Patchouli clears her throat quietly, "Do you have tours set up? It would be handy for people to learn the history and places of interest and see what's around. From what I know, the underground is quite expansive, so official tours would be nice for the culture-loving people."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 06:18:17 PM »
>Fistpalm. "Capital idea! I've already got a bucket-based tramway in the works, courtesy of Yamame and Kisume. It's quite reliable, capable of carrying five drunken Oni in a single bucket without fail."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 06:22:27 PM »
>Fistpalm. "Capital idea! I've already got a bucket-based tramway in the works, courtesy of Yamame and Kisume. It's quite reliable, capable of carrying five drunken Oni in a single bucket without fail."
>Koakuma grins, "You ought to hire cute tour-guides too, to really attract tourists!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »
>Smirk, then poke at Koa. "Like you perhaps?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 06:28:12 PM »
>Smirk, then poke at Koa. "Like you perhaps?"
>Koakuma blushes, "Me? I-I... uh... okay!"

>Patchouli giggles.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 06:32:03 PM »
>Smirk. "It was your idea after all."
>Grin. "Besides, think of the headlines you'd make by acting as both tour guide, and battle tourney entrant? But don't worry, I'll schedule your matches around your shifts as tour guide."
>beat.
>"Ah yes, I believe I already mentioned this, but both Remilia, Sakuya, and Koa here are participating in the Battle Tourney."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 06:42:39 PM »
>Smirk. "It was your idea after all."
>Grin. "Besides, think of the headlines you'd make by acting as both tour guide, and battle tourney entrant? But don't worry, I'll schedule your matches around your shifts as tour guide."
>Koakuma grins excitedly, "A tour guide~ so exciting! And I'll get to see all of the underground, too~!"
>beat.
>"Ah yes, I believe I already mentioned this, but both Remilia, Sakuya, and Koa here are participating in the Battle Tourney."
>Patchouli nods, "You mentioned that, yes."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »
>Nod. "I actually have different tiers set up in the works so that the fights won't be too terribly one-sided. For example, if Koa here were to say, find herself up against that Flower Youkai. That would be terribly one-sided, and thus, not a very good fight to watch."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 06:47:03 PM »
>Nod. "I actually have different tiers set up in the works so that the fights won't be too terribly one-sided. For example, if Koa here were to say, find herself up against that Flower Youkai. That would be terribly one-sided, and thus, not a very good fight to watch."
>Koakuma yelps, "Me against Yuuka? That would be a total disaster!"
>Patchouli grins, "Like I've said, respect the sunflowers."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »
>Grin. "Exactly. Now imagine some poor fairy pitted against Remilia. That too would be a terribly one-sided match."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 06:54:42 PM »
>Grin. "Exactly. Now imagine some poor fairy pitted against Remilia. That too would be a terribly one-sided match."
>Patchouli sighs, "Indeed it would be. It has happened before, and one can't help but be compelled to feel sorry for that little fairy."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »
>Nod. "Exactly my point. It wouldn't do to have some of the participants getting blown away, and respawning elsewhere and forgetting."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 07:19:37 PM »
>Nod. "Exactly my point. It wouldn't do to have some of the participants getting blown away, and respawning elsewhere and forgetting."
>Patchouli smiles, "Exactly. They'd be missing out on all of the fun."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 07:22:14 PM »
>Grin. "Precisely."
>"But anyhow, all we need to do is figure out the set, day-to-day schedule."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 07:28:55 PM »
>Grin. "Precisely."
>"But anyhow, all we need to do is figure out the set, day-to-day schedule."
>Patchouli nods once, "And you ought to have signs put up of what is happening on each day. So people know what to expect and what to plan to visit if they can't be there the whole week."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 07:36:34 PM »
>Nod. "THat's a good idea for when we have the schedule fully planned out. I'll have them posted in the Main Square, in front of Chireiden, and at the Stadium. Among other places."
>"You see, Chireiden is where everyone will go to watch the Battle Tourney."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 08:10:18 PM »
>Nod. "THat's a good idea for when we have the schedule fully planned out. I'll have them posted in the Main Square, in front of Chireiden, and at the Stadium. Among other places."
>"You see, Chireiden is where everyone will go to watch the Battle Tourney."
>Patchouli nods, "I see, I see... maybe you might want regular guides to lead people who may get a little lost, especially when they first arrive. Also, you might want to plot a map of this place."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »
>Nod. "That's also something I've been meaning to get done. I think we can work with Yamame and Kisume to add the tramway in. They've already got stops set up at the important places, including the Stadium."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 08:17:37 PM »
>Nod. "That's also something I've been meaning to get done. I think we can work with Yamame and Kisume to add the tramway in. They've already got stops set up at the important places, including the Stadium."
>Koakuma blinks, looking upwards, "A tramway? That sounds cool!!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 08:25:51 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, I had it installed for those who either cannot fly, such as those from the human village, those who do not wish to fly, or those who are too drunk to fly and are not Oni."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 08:49:05 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, I had it installed for those who either cannot fly, such as those from the human village, those who do not wish to fly, or those who are too drunk to fly and are not Oni."
>Koakuma grins, "That's cool! You're really prepared for this!!"

>Patchouli suddenly facepalms, "Catering. You may want to sort out that. Sakuya could help you out with that."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 08:50:45 PM »
>Pause. "That had completely slipped my mind. I had thought that the people attending would want to choose their own places to dine, such as that cart we just visited."
>Smirk. "The underground has quite rich and traditional cuisine you know, you haven't lived until you've dined as those of the underground have."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2012, 08:54:57 PM »
>Pause. "That had completely slipped my mind. I had thought that the people attending would want to choose their own places to dine, such as that cart we just visited."
>Patchouli nods, "Ah, yes, yes..."
>Smirk. "The underground has quite rich and traditional cuisine you know, you haven't lived until you've dined as those of the underground have."
>Patchouli grins, "Well, after trying those rice cakes, I think I certainly have lived~"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
>Smirk. "You think the underground's all rice cakes, Sake, and dumplings? Trust me, there's more."
>What sort of cuisine does the underground have to offer that the surface doesn't?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!