Author Topic: Rumia Quest III: Hero of Shadow  (Read 39475 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Rumia Quest III: Hero of Shadow
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:33:47 PM »
You are Rumia

- You are a Youkai, with a rather young mentality. Although not as stupid as Cirno, you're pretty far down the chain of intellect. Still, you've been getting smarter as of late.
- This is due to your powers, which were sealed, returning through some convoluted seal Yukari Yaumo put on you after you arrived in Gensokyo, and went on a rampage, even killing Reimu's Great-Grandmother.
- You recently saved Gensokyo [And Alice] from an angry Shinki, who was attempting to get Alice back to Makai. During this, you found out that you too are from Makai, and have a superpowered psychopathic murderess side, which is your past self, before Yukari Yakumo sealed you. You're slowly gaining back these powers as your current self's personality gets stronger and stronger, to fight back the insanity tied within your power.
- You are currently at the Misty Lake, a month after the previous incident. Nothing in particular has happened since then, besides Cirno causing mischeif.  You, Mystcia, Wriggle and Cirno are there. It is early winter.
---

Over to you!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:00:00 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Nekomata-chan

Re: Rumia Quest III: Hero of Shadow
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:37:30 PM »
>Is it cold enough to complain and get an agreeable response from everyone except Cirno?
>Since it's winter, would Letty be around soon? What is our relationship with Letty?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:53:30 PM »
(The image link's borked man. Might wanna fix that.)

>What sort of mischief has Cirno been up to?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:33:52 PM »
>Did anyone actually believe Aya's claims that we would kill everything within a mile randomly?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:52:32 PM »
>Is it cold enough to complain and get an agreeable response from everyone except Cirno?
>Since it's winter, would Letty be around soon? What is our relationship with Letty?

> Not yet, it's only early  winter.

> You've never met Letty Whiterock, but Cirno goes to visit her, and she's apparently like her big sister. She's literally the only one Cirno admits is as strong as she is.

(The image link's borked man. Might wanna fix that.)

>What sort of mischief has Cirno been up to?

(Works for me, can the others confirm/deny?)

> The usual fariy pranks, freezing things, annoying everyone, occasionally getting killed, claiming to be the strongest, so forth.

>Did anyone actually believe Aya's claims that we would kill everything within a mile randomly?

> The image was of your true form, and no-one who would belive such rumors, such as the Humans in the village, know you by name. That said, Keine chases out any Youkai not proven safe. Which is everyone except some Tengu, Kappa, and Yukari [Only because she CAN'T stop Yukari].

The Faries, barring Cirno, and Daiyousei, also belived the news they heard. However, being fairies, they forgot within the week.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »
>We did fill Dai in on what really went down right?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 08:08:34 PM »
(Not seeing the image either, probably because its form zerochan and they don't like hotlinking)

>How has Shinki's visits been going?
>Did we ever get around to playing with Koishi?
>Or breaking Alice's mind visiting our little sister?

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:10:28 PM »
>Current power status

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 09:05:27 PM »
(Not seeing the image either, probably because its form zerochan and they don't like hotlinking)

>How has Shinki's visits been going?
>Did we ever get around to playing with Koishi?
>Or breaking Alice's mind visiting our little sister?

(Fixed)
> You don't know about Alice and Shinki, because you don't know where Alice lives. However, the lack of Makai portals everywhere seems to tell you everything is going OK.

> Koishi popped by a couple of times in her random wanderings, and you guys played with her.

>We did fill Dai in on what really went down right?

> Yes, Daiyousei seemed to understand well enough.

>Current power status

> You got quite a considering amount stronger after the whole Makai incident, you now give Cirno a run for her money when you spar, as much as she totally dosen't admit it. Addittionally, your control over your sphere of darkness has improved, so it reacts faster, and you can turn it on and off.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 09:13:01 PM »
>"So...what do we do now guys? Find more incidents to solve? Maybe head down to the underground to do something?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 09:38:56 PM »
>"So...what do we do now guys? Find more incidents to solve? Maybe head down to the underground to do something?"

> "It's funny you mention that Rumia." Mystcia said.

> "Did you forget? The Kappa are holding some unveiling of tech they've been working on today!" Wriggle said happily, before adding, "Not sure if we should go, we don't really know any of the Kappa, but why not?"

> "That's not what I meant Wriggle, although it's important..." Mystcia said.

> "We could look for Miss Letty!" Cirno said happily.

> "Not that either. Someone's not been around for like, two weeks." Mystcia chirped.

> "Who?" Cirno asked.

> "Kogasa. She usually pops by at least twice a week to say hi and surprise China." Mystcia said.

---
> Quest Added: Display of KappaTech: The Kappa are showing off some new technology on Youkai Mountain. Wriggle thinks it's a good idea to go
> Quest Added: A Frigid Freind: Find and meet Letty Whiterock
> Quest Added: The Umbrella Missing for Two Weeks: Find Kogasa

[Yeah, RCIII is gonna have several quests going on. No massive single quest with a defined order, but smaller quests which link together to form a larger one. Basically, I'm attempting to take this to the next level in terms of player input]

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 09:46:18 PM »
>"Well, since Kogasa and Sanae know each other, maybe we should check the mountain first, and get a look at that kappa stuff!"
>Let's mosey on to the mountain!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 08:59:08 PM »
>"Well, since Kogasa and Sanae know each other, maybe we should check the mountain first, and get a look at that kappa stuff!"
>Let's mosey on to the mountain!

> "Sounds like a good idea, maybe she's visiting Sanae!" Mystcia said.

> "We did meet her on the way there before..." Wriggle agreed.

> "Letty might be on a mountain! There's snow on those!" Cirno happily announced.

> All four of you begin to head towards Youkai Mountain. It's a decent length trip from Misty Lake to Youkai Mountain, especially to get to the Kappa or Tengu Villages. You don't know exactly where Sanae lives, but since she came from higher than the Tengu Village, you assume she lives even higher up.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »
>"So...What've you guys got planned for today? Besides what we're already doing?"
>What the hey, let's do loops as we go!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 09:27:21 PM »
>"So...What've you guys got planned for today? Besides what we're already doing?"
>What the hey, let's do loops as we go!

> "The same plan as usual, we mess around doing nothing important. Maybe bother China." Mystcia chirped.

> "And freeze stuff!" Cirno said.

> "Cirno... we can't freeze things." Wriggle reminded the fairy.

> "Of course you can't! I'm the strongest!" Cirno declared.

> You start doing loops in the air, and Cirno joins in. Wriggle and Mystcia, the former not being as good a flier, and the latter not really able to loop due to the fact she flies with her wings, just slow down a little.

> As you do loops, you see someone ahead of you. She has long, purple hair, with a white headband-ribbon. Aside from this, all you can see from your angle is a white coat, black shoes, and something on her back letting out small streams of fire.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 09:42:51 PM »
>Stop looping, that person's interesting! "Hey look at that! She's got fire coming out of her back! Awesome...."

(I fully expect Cirno to not get the memo and end up crashing into us. xD)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »
>Stop looping, that person's interesting! "Hey look at that! She's got fire coming out of her back! Awesome...."

(I fully expect Cirno to not get the memo and end up crashing into us. xD)

> You stop looping, and make a point of the person in front of you. Cirno, on the other hand, sees fire, and sees blue as a result, and speeds up her looping and foward travel to ramming speed.

> Cirno looks rather specatcular as her noggin crashes into the back of the purple-haired figure, into the device that was spouting fire. Cirno gets blasted backwards, sparking, and with her hair standing up, while the purple haired figure shouts; "Why did the fiary have to headbutt the Jetpack!" as she begins to fall, the device smoking heavily instead of fire emitting. It also has a Cirno-head-shaped dent in it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 10:10:55 PM »
>"...Uh-oh. Mysty, Wriggle, let's go fix Cirno's goof-up."
>Let's go help her.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 10:20:32 PM »
>"...Uh-oh. Mysty, Wriggle, let's go fix Cirno's goof-up."
>Let's go help her.

> Mystcia nods, and, despite her inabilty to perform loop-de-loops, like normal birds, she can dive quickly, and her top speed in the air far surpasses any of yours. As a result, she dives towards the purple-haired being, and grabs her by the 'jetpack'.

> "Hey... this is a human! I can tell by the smell!" Mystcia announces. "Wonder what one's doing out here near Youkai Mountain!"

> "For once... I have to thank that Miko... I'd probobly be ripe to be eaten right now if it wasn't for her infuence scareing the Youkai into staving off human flesh..." the purple-haired human says as Mystcia, with some visible effort until Wriggle arrived to help, lifts her up.

> Cirno, her hair still messed up, and a few sparks coming from her, flies slowly to where the rest of you are. "I feel funny....." she moaned.

> "Serves you right stupid fairy. You headbutted my jetpack! You're lucky it didn't outright explode and kill the pair of us!" the human said angrily.

> "I'm the strongest I wouldn't die!" Cirno says... slower than usual.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 02:37:14 AM »
>"DOn't worry, I don't eat people anymore."
>"Who are you? And what's a jetpack?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »
>"DOn't worry, I don't eat people anymore."
>"Who are you? And what's a jetpack?"

> Mystcia turns around so the human you address is faceing you. You notice she's wearing almost all white, except a yellow bow-tie. Her eyes are also purple, and she is wearing something over her eyes. She looks to be in her mid-early twenties. Which is significantly older than most residents of Gensokyo look. The only ones you recall seeing that look the same age or older are Byakuren, Yuugi, Yuyuko, Yuka and Yukari. Incidentally, any of these four could kick your butt into next week.

> You make a mental wager that her name contains a Y.

> "What are you? Stupid? I already said Youkai don't eat humans anymore because of the Harukei Miko!" the woman scoffed.

> "I guess it's rude not to tell you, the fairy probobly will forget in five seconds anyway." the woman said, giving an angry glance over to Cirno. "I am Rikako Asakura, HUMAN scientist." she said, stressing the race. "What that idiot there broke was a device I made that allows me to fly. Being a human, I can't fly without assistance. Even the Harukei Miko couldn't fly until she tapped the power of the Ying-Yang Orbs for a period of time, before that, she rode a turtle!"

> You lost your wager.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:21:45 AM by Raikaria »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
>"Well, we can help you get where you need to go for now I guess? Were you heading up the mountain?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 04:47:57 PM »
>"Well, we can help you get where you need to go for now I guess? Were you heading up the mountain?"

> "Yes, I was. I'm a scientist, and I was going to the Kappa-tech thing, because we are like-minded."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 04:52:54 PM »
>"Wow, so then it was kind of a good thing we ran into each other huh? ..Not so good for Cirno here running into you literally though. She's a bit literal-minded sometimes, compared to the rest of us."
>Let's carry her with us then! Since we're Youkai, we're a lot stronger than a human. So this should be no problem for even us!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »
>"Wow, so then it was kind of a good thing we ran into each other huh? ..Not so good for Cirno here running into you literally though. She's a bit literal-minded sometimes, compared to the rest of us."
>Let's carry her with us then! Since we're Youkai, we're a lot stronger than a human. So this should be no problem for even us!

> "Stupid fairy..." Raikako mutters. She appears to have little else to say on the matter, and is just mumbleing to herself about needing to bother the Kappa for parts to repair her 'jetpack'.

> Youkai as a whole vary wildly in strength, depending on their power, and what type of Youkai they are. Some, especially fairies, are not physically strong at all. Kogasa is also not strong, she's just an umbrella. Tengu are not particually strong, neither are Kappa, nor did Satori or Koishi seem physically powerful at all.

You, Wriggle and Mystcia are about human level in terms of strength, with you being more or less human strength, Mystcia being a little stronger [She puts it down to her physically flying keeping her in shape], and Wriggle being easily the strongest of the group in leg strength, although her arm strength is below yours.

Some Youkai, however, are brutally powerful, such as the Oni, and Yuuka.

Still, Youkai recover from being tired faster than humans, and, although to move at any reasonable speed, or keep carrying Rikako for any length of time you need to do so in twos, you can easily manage by taking turns, so one of you gets a break when you get worn down. All three of you carrying the human is impossible, there's not enough of her to grip!

> Cirno is still sparking, and moaning about feeling funny, although noticeably less now. Her hair is still standing up too.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 07:37:48 PM »
>"Hey Cirno, maybe if you go pichuun and respawn, you'll feel better? You are a fairy after all, isn't that how it usually works?"
>Let's keep moseying!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 07:54:11 PM »
>"Hey Cirno, maybe if you go pichuun and respawn, you'll feel better? You are a fairy after all, isn't that how it usually works?"
>Let's keep moseying!

> "Eye don't respawn unless eye die, I'm da strongest, I'm not gonna die easily, 'spcially in Winter when Letty's around!" Cirno said. Indeed, the ice fairy is strongest in Winter.

> You have arrived at the river going up Youkai Mountain. Following this will quickly get you to the Kappa Village. You notice three familiar figures ahead, who look lost.

> "Satori... couldn't you have read Okku's mind before she left to finish the work about where the Kappa Village was?" Rin asked.

> "Reading Okku's mind is useless." Satori said.

> "Hey! Look! It's those youkai who helped me before!" Koishi said, doing a spazwave that looked like she literally copied it from you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 07:58:57 PM »
>Spazwave back! "Hiiii~!"
>Let's fly over!
>"Heading to the Kappa VIllage for the tech-thingy? Same here!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »
>Spazwave back! "Hiiii~!"
>Let's fly over!
>"Heading to the Kappa VIllage for the tech-thingy? Same here!"

> You can't spazwave, you're helping Mystcia to carry Rikako right now. Instead, you tell Wriggle to spazwave for you, which she does.

> You fly over to the trio from the underground.

> "No, we're mainly heading there to pick up Utusho. She's probobly incapable of finding her way home without us. She managed to get back during that Makai Incident because of Yukari, but she's too much of the birdbrain to get home alone." Rin said. Mystcia looks a little offended at Rin's use of 'birdbrain' which causes the cat to apologise, and say 'Crowbrain' instead.

> "That and I want to see what Utusho's been up to." Satori said.

> "We also need to make sure Okku dosen't nuke something on her way back home." Koishi said happily.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
>Giggle, "Crowbrain. Doesn't roll off the tongue as good as it should."