Author Topic: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness [Complete]  (Read 31106 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness [Complete]
« on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:06 PM »
You are Rumia, the Youkai of Darkness

A few nights ago, you ended up having quite the adventure, which had you meet many new faces, and ultimately, along with Wriggle Nightbug, retreived a stolen Tomb from Hatate Himekaido, who had stolen it from Marisa.

This act garnered you favor with the residents of the Scarlet Devil Mansion when you returned the book, which contained the secrets of the Scarlet family, which Hatate was going to publish, as well as Reimu Hakurei, who you found the Tomb on behalf of.

That was when you realised maybe leaving the Forest and the Misty Lake every now and then is good! There's others than Wriggle, Cirno and Mystica out there, and unlike what you thought before, they're not all unreasonable Shrine Maidens that attack you on sight; even the Shrine Maiden isn't!

Oddly enough, ever since you returned the Tomb, you can see within your own sphere of Darkness. You have no clue why you suddenly gained this ability. Wriggle thinks it might be linked to something that happened during your adventure, Cirno thinks you just opened your eyes, and Mystica thinks you've just overcame night-blindness, which she always blamed herself for. It's sure useful not crashing into trees anymore!

-----

> Over to you
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:56:36 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Nekomata-chan

Re: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:30:13 PM »
>Inventory.
>Hunger level.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »
>Inventory.
>Hunger level.

> Your inventory solely consists of your spellcards:

Moon Sign: Moonlight Ray
Night Sign: Night Bird
Darkness Sign: Demarcation
Eclipse Sign: Lunar Eclipse [A new spell you've developed recently, it's like a combination between Demarcation and Moonlight Ray]

Well, that and your clothes, which you are wearing.

> You are not really hungry. It's worth mentioning you've staved off humans, one of the last Youkai to do so. The fact Reimu would have your head if you ate a Human helps.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:36:47 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 10:39:02 PM »
>Location
>Are we alone?
>>If not, ask if there is anything our companions wanted specifically to do.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 10:41:08 PM »
>Location
>Are we alone?
>>If not, ask if there is anything our companions wanted specifically to do.

> You are currently above the Misty Lake specifically, near the gate of the SDM, playing with Wriggle Nightbug, Cirno, Mystcia Lorelai, and Kogasa Tatara, who started popping over every now and then to try and surprise Meiling awake, and say hello to you and Wriggle.

> You ask if there's anything the others had planned. They all say no, except Kogasa, who mentions she's not tried to surprise Meiling yet.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 10:47:42 PM »
>Try and help Kogasa surprise Meiling, for a laugh.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:59:10 PM »
>Try and help Kogasa surprise Meiling, for a laugh.

> You, Kogasa, and, interested, Cirno, all fly over to the gate of the mansion.

> You see the gatekeeper, Meiling, asleep as usual.

> "I'm not sure what I should do... sometimes I tickle her, sometimes I shout, sometimes a smack her over the head, I dunno this time." Kogasa said.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 11:09:25 PM »
>"Well, maybe I can cover her head in darkness, then Cirno can freeze parts of her body to slowly rouse her, and then you go in with a whack over the head!"
>FOOLPROOF!!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 01:03:26 AM »
>"Well, maybe I can cover her head in darkness, then Cirno can freeze parts of her body to slowly rouse her, and then you go in with a whack over the head!"
>FOOLPROOF!!

> You cover Meiling's head in Darkness. This does nothing, since she's asleep.

> "Uh... is it Winter already..." you hear Meiling sleep-mumble when Cirno freezes her hands to the wall, and feet to the ground.

> Kogasa then give Meiling a not-very severe bop over the head with the umbrella's end, not enough to hurt her, but enough to wake her up.

> "Uwah? Why's it so dark? Is it nightime already? Did I sleep that lo... OH NO I MUST HAVE MISSED DINNER!" the Gatekeeper said as she shook her head to clear the sleep from her noggin. "Wait, why are my hands and feet cold? And why can't I move them? Or see them?"

> "Surprise!" Kogasa shouted happily.

> "Oh, it's you again. Well, thanks for wakeing my up, so Sakuya-san didn't catch me. Even this is preferable to being knifed by Sakuya-San... but I can't do my job if I can't see or move, so can ya let me go now?" Meiling said. She seemed surpriseingly greatful for being woken up.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 03:20:17 AM »
>Have Cirno free her from the ice, but keep the darkness up.

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 07:51:42 AM »
>"Why do you sleep so much?"
>"....And how do you survive being knifed?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 12:13:08 PM »
>Have Cirno free her from the ice, but keep the darkness up.

> "Nuh huh! I'm the strongest! Why should I free her?" Cirno says defiantly. Fairies are pranksters, even Cirno, so she's more than happy to keep Meiling frozen.

>"Why do you sleep so much?"
>"....And how do you survive being knifed?"

> "Well it's not like many people try to break in. Except Marisa, but even Sakuya-san can't keep her out, so I don't see why she gets so annoyed."

> "She dosen't try and kill me. She just hurts me. And I'm not human, I'm a youkai, and my kind of Youkai heal quickly, probobly makes me a good Gatekeeper, if I get hurt, I'm back on my feet the next day."

> Meiling then asks again, more serious in tone this time, after hearing Cirno; "Cirno, unfreeze my limbs.". She starts glowing with a rainbow aura. Kogasa looks worried, Cirno... dosen't.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 12:16:13 PM »
>"Uh, Cirno, I think we should free her... before she gets angry."

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »
>Back away a bit and drop the darkness; don't need to get in the crossfire.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 02:55:17 PM »
>"Uh, Cirno, I think we should free her... before she gets angry."

> "Eye don't care eye'm the strongest!" Cirno boasts. Times like this, Cirno has it coming, even you and her other freinds know it.

>Back away a bit and drop the darkness; don't need to get in the crossfire.

> You float back a bit, and the orb of darkness dissipates, at that moment, Meiling jolts fowards, shattering the ice around her, and punches Cirno in the face, infused with Chi. The overconfident Fairy is sent flying about halfway across the lake, and makes a surpriseingly large splash as she hits it.

> "Ugh, annoying fairy. Oh, hi there Rumia." Meiling said, rubbing her wrist a bit.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »
>Facepalm at Cirno, "Not a day goes by that something like that doesn't happen."

>Turn back to Meiling, with a smirk, "Have a nice sleep?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 07:15:43 PM »
>Facepalm at Cirno, "Not a day goes by that something like that doesn't happen."

>Turn back to Meiling, with a smirk, "Have a nice sleep?"

> You look annoyed at where Cirno splash-landed. You're not exactly the brightest Danmaku Shot yourself, but even you think Cirno's an idiot.

> "Don't ask me that! If Sakuya overhears she'll know I fell asleep ag..." Meiling suddenly pulls a look of pain and horror and falls over, a knife in her back. Quite the acheivement, seeing as her back was almost right against the wall until she punched Cirno.

> Sakuya appears from nowhere over Meiling's slumped body, and pulls the knife out. "Well at least she got rid of that annoying Ice Fairy." Sakuya said. She seems to be ignoreing you and Kogasa, for now at least.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 08:24:43 PM »
>Wave at Sakuya, "Hi-hi!!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 11:25:33 PM »
>Wave at Sakuya, "Hi-hi!!"

> "Hi." Sakuya mutters, not even looking at you. She seems to be looking to the east, looking a little pensive.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:27:37 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 11:26:35 PM »
> "What are you looking at?"
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »
> "What are you looking at?"

> I thought I saw something. And it certainly wasn't a random fairy. You know, that feeling you are being watched.

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 11:31:07 PM »
>Look east!
>"Is that so?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 11:33:43 PM »
>Look east!
>"Is that so?"

> You look East, and see sky, trees, a bit of the lake, and one or two fairies, which certainly were not something to get Sakuya worried.

> "It's hard to explain. Maybe you don't get those feelings as a Youkai. I might have to ask Patchouli if Youkai get those 'You're being watched' feelings at some point." Sakuya said, before adding, "If something was there, it was fast."

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 11:37:16 PM »
>Don't we know some really fast people that like to watch others?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
>Don't we know some really fast people that like to watch others?

> You know both Aya and Hatate, although you seriously doubt the latter would dare show her face around the Scarlet's Mansion after what she did before.

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 12:05:17 AM »
"Think it could be a Tengu?"
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 12:20:43 AM »
"Think it could be a Tengu?"

> "I doubt it, Aya dosen't make me feel uneasy, and only acts stalker-like when there's a scoop to be had, and unless Cirno getting punched into a lake, or me knifeing Meiling is news, it wouldn't be Aya. Hatate isn't that fast for a Tengu, and wouldn't dare show her face here. Could be some unknown Tengu I guess, but I doubt it." Sakuya mused.

Sakuya keeps muttering possibilities to herself. You overhear 'Half Ghost' and 'Gap Hag', amoung others.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 01:25:35 AM »
>"Why worry if someone's watching you? Take it as a compliment that you have a stalker fan!!"
>Cheesy grin!!

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 05:32:58 AM »
> Back when we ate people, were we picky at all, or did we just hunt anyone?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 10:14:44 AM »
>"Why worry if someone's watching you? Take it as a compliment that you have a stalker fan!!"
>Cheesy grin!!

> "Because I don't know why they're..." Sakuya suddenly stopped and blushed on mention of a stalker fan.

> You pull a cheesy grin, and feel a killing intent from Sakuya as you do so, so stop.

> Back when we ate people, were we picky at all, or did we just hunt anyone?

> You just ate anyone you could when you were hungry. You were not exactly brilliant at hunting people, you couldn't see in your own darkness after all, so often smashed into trees and let them get away.

Out of your group Mystcia was by far the most sucessful of you, her and Wriggle back when you ate humans, now she just cons them with night blindness and grilled lamprey. Cirno never ate humans, she'd just freeze them. She still does.

It's worth mentioning that you're aware that the only Youkai that attacks humans for food reasons anymore is Remillia [Who boasts about it frequently], and she only gets away with it because she dosen't actually kill her prey, and, as a vampire, she has no choice about her diet.

[Not to mention if Reimu tried to stop her she would have to deal with Remillia and Flandre at once, but you don't know about Flandre]