Author Topic: Yuuka Quest ~ The Dream Mansion  (Read 61400 times)

Yuuka Quest ~ The Dream Mansion
« on: January 13, 2012, 11:49:03 AM »
[My first attempt at running one of these. I just hope I'm not brutal at it.]

You are Yuuka Kazami. You have just awoken from the middle of a strange dream. You can hear bangs and crashes in the distance. You assume that they were the cause of your waking up.

>...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:00:11 PM by Desu_Cake »

Re: Yuuka Quest
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
>What were we dreaming of?
>Get up and inspect the source of the sounds. What is going on out there?
>Inventory
>Do we hate Marisa?

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 12:44:46 PM »
>Try as you might, you cannot remember what you were dreaming of. It somehow feels important though, and seemed to have something to do with flowers.

>Grumbling, you clamber out of bed and aim for the door of your room. Opening it a fraction you wince at the sudden rush of light. Once your eyes adjust you peer out to find a shrine maiden and a witch battling in your hallway.

>Currently, the only items you have are the pyjamas you are wearing and your alarm clock.

>You do not know anyone by the name of Marisa, so you cannot tell whether or not you hate her.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 12:57:03 PM »
>Retrieve our parasol. Do we use it as a weapon?
>>If yes: threaten the two intruders. "My, my, waking a youkai up isn't exactly a smart thing to do, especially for two intruders~"
>>If no: watch them like a hawk and prepare whatever counterattacks we have.
>Keep trying to remember what we dreamt of.
>Relationships

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 01:40:41 PM »
>Your parasol is indeed a weapon - You keep it beside your bed for occasions just like this. Your preparedness has paid off! You go out into the hallway and deliver a kickass line with great panache. Unfortunately, your delivery of the line coincided with the shrine maiden using a bomb, which copletely drowned it out.

>It can be very annoying when you can't remember a dream, but despite your best efforts, the only additional thing you can recall is a feeling of being threatened.

>You are not exactly a very social person. The only people you have any regular contact with are your gatekeeper Elly and a fairy infestation that you cannot seem to get rid of.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »
>Spark them. Now.
>For that matter, make it two. They might survive the first one and proceed to whup our butts.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 02:03:11 PM »
>Annoyed at being ignored, you fire off your speciality move - Master Spark - at them. Both in the middle of the hallway, neither of them have a hope of dodging it.

>You wait until they assume that it's finished and then fire another. Once again, they were not expecting it and become lost in the conflagration. When it stops, they immediately split up and stay on opposite sides of the hallway so that you cannot do it again. The two look decidedly singed.
"Hey!" yells the witch "What's the big idea of interrupting our fight! I was winning!"

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 04:55:59 PM »
>"Interrupting?"
>Yawn; we did just wake up.
>"I should be saying the same to you; I was sleeping~"

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 06:02:29 PM »
> begin BGM.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 09:49:59 PM »
> "Interrupting?" you ask, followed by a large yawn. "I should be saying the same to you; I was sleeping~"
The shrine maiden seems to be annoyed at you too.
"You're the cause of this! I'll kill you!"
The two of them are gearing up for a fight. Well, it's been a while since you last had any fun.

(The fight options are as follows: Physical, Danmaku, Spark, Dodge)

>You hum along with the BGM. It's one of your favourite tunes.

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 10:01:11 PM »
>"Please; that should be my line~ <3"

[Note: Remember, even though we are tired and annoyed, we fight with beauty.]

>Swing that parasol and send a beautiful wave of danmaku at them; with enough force to show how annoyed we are.
>Once they start firing, time to dodge.

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 11:02:46 PM »
>With an elegant verbal riposte, you initiate the fight.

>You begin with several sweeps of your parasol to send semicircular arcs of danmaku flying outwards, several of which rebound off the walls. Without granting any recovery time, you begin to spin your parasol to send out a huge spiral of blue bullets.

>The pair are clearly not used to working as a team, and their danmaku do not mesh well at all. While it looks incomparably ugly, it is also extremely difficult to dodge. You manage to hold out for several seconds, but eventually you are hit by a stray bullet, momentarily stunning you.

You are Yuka Kazami. You have just regained conciousness and are sitting in the middle of your flower field. While unconcious, you had a strange dream that you cannot remember much of, except that you were in a large mansion

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
>Any sign of either of those trouble-makers?
>Quick glance around.
>Does any part of our body hurt?

>Inventory!

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »
> Troublemakers? You don't recall any troublemakers. The last thing you remember is sensing someone behind you, turning around, and blacking out.

>You look around, but see no-one.

>Your head hurts. It seems to have developed a bump. You surmrise that whoever the mysterious person was, they hit you on the head and left. Not exactly a major feat of logic, but you're still a bit dizzy.

> Nothing appears to be stolen though. Not that you have much, the clothes on your back, your parasol, and of course your spellcards.

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 11:36:56 PM »
>Great... They won't be doing that a second time.

>Stand up and dust ourselves off.
>None of the flowers look damaged, do they?
>Do we see any foot-prints of some sort; markings on the ground and such?

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 01:41:23 AM »
You are Yuuka Kazami.
You are Yuka Kazami.
>Dang.
>Relationships
>Spellcards

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 12:59:15 PM »
>You stand up and dust off your rump.

>You are immediately brought out of your reverie by the sight of a bed of daffodils that got crushed by your fall. Whoever caused this, you're going to kill them. It looks like you would be able to repair most of the damage though.

>You look around for any sign of footprints or any clue as to who the culprit is or where they went, but you find nothing. Not surprising, since you were in the air when you were attacked.

>Pretty much everyone you know goes out of their way to avoid you. You have no friends, but sometimes humans and youkai come to test their strength against you.

>You have three spellcards: "The Reflowering of Gensokyo", "The Beauty of Nature" and "Master Spark" although you rarely use the last one.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »
> Use our power over flowers to repair the damage to the flowers.
> Imagine some of the terrible things we're going to do to the culprit.
> Did we see anyone or invite them over today?
> Investigation time. Let's take back to the air and do a patrol of our flower field.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 09:09:46 PM »
>You immediately start working on healing the flowers. It takes quite a bit longer than you expected.

>While you work you think of some "fitting punishments" for the culprit. Starting with the fingernails and working in seems like a good idea.

>You haven't seen anyone today, not even an insect.

>You fly around the flower field, carefully searching for any clues. You cannot find any though, and it's already starting to get dark.

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 09:17:18 PM »
>Fingernails? What is this, Higurashi?

>Wow... Time does fly...
>But that's probably because we've been out for a while.

>Where do we sleep?
>Do we have a mansion, or just the Garden of the Sun?

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 03:58:19 AM »
No insects? That's not good! The flowers are going to be lonly.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 09:22:45 AM »
>No, you use a rusty sharp-nosed pliers ^_^

>Yes, by your judgement, you were unconscious for a good hour at least.

>You own a small cottage beside the garden. You're not a savage after all.

>Now that you think about it, that is quite odd. Perhaps something you should investigate.

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 07:04:27 PM »
>Well, let's proceed to our lovely little cottage.

[Parser warning: If it's broken, prepare yourself.  :derp: ]

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 08:08:44 AM »
>You go home to your cottage. It is a small thatched affair with only two rooms - bedroom and kitchen/general living space. It can be a bit hard to find, due to the ivy growing all  over it, and you appreciate the privacy that affords. You would check to see whether anything had been stolen, but there's so little stuff there, that it's not worth it.

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 10:22:40 AM »
 Think about the last time we had seen a mansion.
Check our clothes for dirt.

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 11:02:17 AM »
>Remembering your dream, you start thinking about the mansion you saw therein. The only mansion you can recall seeing is the SDM (You paid a visit a while back to give the gatekeeper some advice on gardening), but it doesn't really resemble the one from your dream. While the SDM is dark and gloomy, the Dream Mansion was brightly lit and very colourful. As you think some more, the colour purple seems to spring to mind, though you have no idea what it relates to.

>Your clothes appear to have gotten slightly muddy from your fall earlier. You'll have to wash them tomorrow.

Re: Yuuka Quest ~ The Dream Mansion
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 12:48:19 PM »
Do we know Miss Nightbug? Or at least of her?

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 01:57:52 PM »
>You know of her, but the two of you have never shared any conversation beyond
   Yuka-"Hello."
   Wriggle- *Flies away*

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 04:14:49 PM »
Sigh..this might be troublesome.
Fly to the Forest of Magic, if there is a villiage on the way stop there first.

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 04:43:11 PM »
>You're already quite tired, but nevertheless you aim for the forest of magic. Since the human village is on the way, you decide to stop there first.
The village is quiet as the grave and you can't see anyone nearby.