Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online  (Read 207882 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2011, 05:13:13 AM »
If you're trying to perfect the stage (this applies especially with extras), my advice is to just try casualy a few times each day. Otherwise you end up sinking hours into it, often doing worse each time, and getting too much rage out of it. Suwako in particular, everything's easy until those suvivals right at the end.
I'm doing better though, but I still can't get past that 4th spell today.  The couple days of no tries caused me to lose my touch on the stage, which now thankfully I've gotten back.

Anyway, it's messing up the easy stuff that gets on my nerves, my last 2 mistakes were to the opener and Jade of the Horrid River, which are the 2 hardest parts pre-Froggy.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2011, 02:28:15 PM »
This has been... the most hilariously sad run I've had of anything, ever. Just... wow.

For those of who you don't wish to facepalm to the replay, have a description:

Bomb Ran's non-spell even though I was going to get it. Bomb the barrage of fairies near the end. Get that last part down, something that has yet to happen. Get to Yuraki with 4 lives (and 0 bombs), something which has yet to happen.

Break a border on the first spell. Capture all the others. Break a border on her easiest non-spell (the one with two blue rings) just because I could. Die on Mesh of Light and Darkness due to laser misplacement, just before getting a bomb, which is "whatever".

Break a border and bomb her hardest non-spell (the one with green a blue waves). I should have 4L/2B now.

Now... for the fun part.

Finish Spiriting Away the very instance Yukari spawns on my hitbox. She gets her hitbox back. Death. Waste 2 bombs. Get a bomb, 3L/3B.

Got mislead in regards to the sound of the lasers changing in Zen Temple, making me go next to the edge of the screen before time, waiting for the red lasers to despawn. They do, a microsecond after hitting me. 2L/2B.

Attempt a border break on the following non-spell (with fast and slow green waves) just when the border is over and the bombs don't work. I die out of confusion. 1L/2B.

Bomb DBDB.

Bomb her streaming non-spell because I was pissed at the time and messed it up, even though I was going to make it anyway.

Pretty sure I got a bomb or two along the way. Whatever, lose any bombs I had to Shikigami Ran from an unseen blue butterfly two seconds before I capture it. 0L/2B.

Proceed to die on the first wave of the survival card because I fucking suck at it and, as can be understood, was pissed as all hell.

What?

I was supposed to get Yukari that time, but I guess she manipulated the border of fortune and misfortune or something because how I could not clear her up to now is beyond me.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 02:38:33 PM by BT »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2011, 05:50:49 PM »
DID THIS REALLY JUST HAPPEN?

THIS MEANS WAR, BYAKUREN.

(Failed a perfect fight on her last spell. With 0:00 seconds left. And this after I choked on the same card twice in a row.)

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2011, 06:28:46 PM »
I do not care Xmas eve dinner stop making me go back and forth and ruining my gameplay on PCB!!!!

Ragequit

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2011, 08:43:25 PM »
Did I really just lose a perfect Miko to her last spellcard?

Just...fuck. And after one of the best dodges I've ever done, in the spellcard right before. You know, the one with actual difficulty in it.

Zil

« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2011, 07:43:39 AM »
I hate TD. It will be easy to 1cc, but I can hardly stand playing it. I was afraid of UFO before, but this is the true nightmare.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2011, 10:28:31 AM »
I hate TD. It will be easy to 1cc, but I can hardly stand playing it. I was afraid of UFO before, but this is the true nightmare.

I warned you! At least you can play, if I had to rage about something, it would be that I totally want to play TD because it's still rather new to me, only burned through Normal, Hard and Extra once each. Looking forward to it, but I can't play until January 2nd!

Either way, your avatar is mighty cute.

« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2011, 10:41:12 AM »

I get how you feel but you just gotta bite the bullet and keep going if you want all the 1cc's by your anniversary.

« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2011, 01:48:12 PM »
Damnit, fuck you, Miko.

-1 choke to second spellcard
-4 chokes to third spellcard
-2 chokes to fourth spellcard
-5 chokes to nonspells
-1 choke to last spellcard
-0 chokes to first and sixth cards

Is it just me, or is there something horribly wrong with this picture?

The good news is that I actually did it, I actually perfected her after more tries than it took to perfect Utsuho. (yeah, seriously.) And then I realized I can't even find the replay to upload to prove that I did it. GAAAAAH.

Zil

« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2011, 03:24:07 AM »
I get how you feel but you just gotta bite the bullet and keep going if you want all the 1cc's by your anniversary.
Yeah, I'm gonna try to finish it off tonight if I can, and then stay away from the game for a good long time. I'm kinda looking forward to those PC-98 games. At least they're interesting in a sadistic arcade game sort of way.
Either way, your avatar is mighty cute.
:D
I figured I should do something Christmas-like, so Acchan in winter clothing was what I decided on. :3 (Though it really has nothing to do with Christmas)

« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »
My laptop has overheated (or randomly blackscreened) at least 5 times today, and 2 or 3 of those times were is good (by my standards) Mamizou runs. What the hell.

And the most recent time it had an ice pack underneath -.-

Not to mention today is the first time in months it has done this shit.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »
Why the hell is Ten Desires lunatic so impossible.
I could do Mountain of Faith perfectly fine, even EoSD I could dodge most of the stuff.
but Ten Desires I just die die die die trance stage for survival trance boss for survival bomb all of Kyouko's nonspells because screw them.

I'd also like to know why the hell I can wait more time to push X and deathbomb but not deathbomb when I push X faster.

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2011, 04:06:01 PM »
If you could do MoF and EoSD well then you should certainly be able to do TD easily as well. You're probably just lacking practice.
For Kyouko's non-spells, they aren't too bad. The first one is really evil unless you hide outside of the echo wall. Remain under Kyouko as long as you can and then head outside the borders and dodge the best you can. As for the 2nd, keep a close eye on the bullets coming from the bottom of the screen. Those are by far the most dangerous ones. If there are other things that are seriously troubling you, go to the help thread and enquire there.

Also, you shouldn't be insta-bombing things in a game with as few resources as this one. Instead, keep practicing it until you can do it.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2011, 06:19:03 PM »
^ seconded
It's actually okay to bomb 1 or 2 of Kyouko's attacks. Just don't autobomb everything, or else you run out of resources quickly.
The thing is though, unlock all the stage practice and practice the hell out of them.
You need to do most of the stages within ND1B if you are having that much trouble with the bosses.
Plus, you need resources, which means planning out your stage route to trance as many life/bomb fairies as possible.
Sometimes this means bombing Kogasa for extra fairies for example, or bomb instead of trancing in the middle of stage 4.

Zil

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2011, 08:32:38 PM »
Bombing Kyouku actually helps with the trance path in stage 3, the way I did it at least. Tojiko's another good one to bomb if you need more trance before the huge spam at the end of stage 5.

« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2011, 06:40:56 AM »
Okay seriously Marine Benefit, what the hell, was that stage 1 midboss card on Hard playtested? Like, at all?

Really, my capture rate on that thing is 1/19, and let me repeat for emphasis: this is a STAGE 1 MIDBOSS CARD. And the one capture was total luck, too. Is it just me, or is there something seriously wrong with that?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2011, 07:02:36 AM »
Just remember why I started avoiding MoF ultra mode.
Because going in, 6-7 of your 8 lives are called, 4 by Kanako, 1 by midboss Sanae and 1 by Aya, and probably one by endboss Sanae though she's technically no-deathable, but that postpones the death to Stage 6 beginning.  Oh, and the 8th life is called by Stage 4.
SO, to clear (which I know I can) I need to successfully no death Stage 3.

But seriously, MoF ultra is BS.

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2011, 06:53:20 PM »
"Hooray, I got Imperishable Night! Let's start the game right away!" *chooses Border Team*
"This looks pretty cool. Okay, there are a lot of point items, I should probably go to get them." *runs to the top and focuses*
*WRIGGLE KICK*

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »
*WRIGGLE KICK*
Closest I've come to that is a Kogasa kick in Ten Desires, on hard.  Because who knew she recentered going into her spell?
I always PoC before Wriggle on the right side of the screen, since she enters mid-left it prevents it from ever happening.

FIFTEEN HUNDRED PICTURES ON DS 9-7, STILL HAVEN'T WON.  THIS IS STUPID.
DS 9-7 is pure stupidity as far as I can tell. You only need three pictures, so just keep trying until you win.
great advice(sarcasm), though the part I bolded is true.

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2011, 02:52:58 AM »
Closest I've come to that is a Kogasa kick in Ten Desires, on hard.  Because who knew she recentered going into her spell?
I always PoC before Wriggle on the right side of the screen, since she enters mid-left it prevents it from ever happening.

I forgot about Wriggle Kick until I was at the top of the screen and by then it was too late to go back so I died. It was embarrassing.

Also Flaw of Forgiving Shrine.
Stop killing me twice in my runs and then being piss easy in spell practice.
seriously

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2011, 03:10:59 AM »
There is a cheese strat for FoFS, sit in the top left corner and stay overtop the familiars.

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2011, 04:01:40 AM »
I've captured it like that before, but never afterwards. I always seem to get randomly killed by a stray bullet.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2011, 05:04:50 AM »
I've captured it like that before, but never afterwards. I always seem to get randomly killed by a stray bullet.
The trick is to stay on the left wall the entire time, and adjust your vertical position to be on top of the familiars.
Works with everyone except solo Youmu, Sakuya and Marisa.

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2011, 02:23:56 PM »
My laptop has overheated (or randomly blackscreened) at least 5 times today, and 2 or 3 of those times were is good (by my standards) Mamizou runs. What the hell.

And the most recent time it had an ice pack underneath -.-

Not to mention today is the first time in months it has done this shit.
And now it overheats despite it being 7cm hovering over the ground when you play Touhou for maybe 5-10 minutes (or watch videos for an hour). The fan's probably broken.

Most recently, all sound and music stopped working for it, both with and without earphones plugged in.

This sucks

Zil

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2011, 03:22:12 PM »
Mima. That is all.
(Time to start memorizing :derp:)

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2011, 03:59:26 PM »
I was trying to beat Lunatic in IN with Reimu Solo, thinking that you had to do it to unlock SFN. Then I looked back and realised I had been combining two different ways - the way to unlock Blazing Star (beat Hard or Lunatic with Reimu Solo) and SFN (beat Lunatic, continue or character doesn't matter). So I just wasted time and got annoyed about Reimu over nothing.
On the bright side I can use Remilia Solo for Lunatic now.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2011, 06:49:35 PM »
I was trying to beat Lunatic in IN with Reimu Solo, thinking that you had to do it to unlock SFN. Then I looked back and realised I had been combining two different ways - the way to unlock Blazing Star (beat Hard or Lunatic with Reimu Solo) and SFN (beat Lunatic, continue or character doesn't matter). So I just wasted time and got annoyed about Reimu over nothing.
On the bright side I can use Remilia Solo for Lunatic now.
I wouldn't suggest using a solo character for lunatic, although Remilia is probably one of the better choices for that.  Personally I'd use Border Team if you're confident in stages and Ghost Team if you're not.  Youmu's bomb cuts through spellcards pretty well, and Yuyuko's bomb is deadly point blank.

« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »
Haha yeah, I forgot you didn't have to use a solo character. I'll probably use the Netherworld Team because I got my first 1cc with them and I find them easier to use than the Border Team.
edit:
asklfjsdlrthgklerht
01 seconds
01 SECONDS FOR HOURAI ELIXIR
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
edit: Just lost another at 11 seconds. And now I keep dying to the first and red phases.
no motivation argh
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:46:39 PM by Glimmer »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2011, 10:28:52 PM »
Haha yeah, I forgot you didn't have to use a solo character. I'll probably use the Netherworld Team because I got my first 1cc with them and I find them easier to use than the Border Team.
edit:
asklfjsdlrthgklerht
01 seconds
01 SECONDS FOR HOURAI ELIXIR
Yay another Ghost Team user, there aren't enough of those.
You can fail at 00 seconds left, be glad it hasn't happened yet.  Just keep trying, you've made quick progress getting to this point, you can do it!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »
SERIOUSLY, YUKARI?!

THIS MEANS FUCKING WAR.

It's generally toward the end of the replay. Basically, I come so close to capturing Border of Life and Death. SO FUCKING CLOSE. But I either die or bomb, can't remember which.

AND THEN. AND THEN. I LOSE BOTH OF MY SPARE LIVES ON DANMAKU BOUNDED FIELD IN AN ATTEMPT TO ACTUALLY CAPTURE IT. FUCK. I STILL BEAT IT BUT THIS WAS WORSE THAN MY REIMU-B RUN. MOTHER OF FUCK. If you can't tell, I'M FUCKING MAD.

I'M GONNA KILL YOU YUKARI I DON'T CARE IF YOU CAN'T KILL A SPIRIT I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOOOOOOOUUUUUU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:57:38 PM by MoisChanvsTamama »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.