Author Topic: Katawa Shoujo: After 12 years, it's finally here  (Read 131177 times)

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:15:19 AM by Seventh Holy Scripture »

Formless God

get out ks devs

What exactly is this again, I just know it's a Western VN that has something to do with /vee/.

Drake

you rape disabled classmates

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
What exactly is this again, I just know it's a Western VN that has something to do with /vee/.

Quote from: katawa-shoujo.com
Katawa Shoujo is a bishoujo-style visual novel set in the fictional Yamaku High School for disabled children, located somewhere in modern Japan. Hisao Nakai, a normal boy living a normal life, has his life turned upside down when a congenital heart defect forces him to move to a new school after a long hospitalization. Despite his difficulties, Hisao is able to find friends?and perhaps love, if he plays his cards right. There are five main paths corresponding to the 5 main female characters, each path following the storyline pertaining to that character.

The story is told through the perspective of the main character, using a first person narrative. The game uses a traditional text and sprite-based visual novel model with an ADV text box.

Katawa Shoujo contains adult material, and is created using the Ren'Py scripting system. It is under development by an international team of amateur developers, and will be released free of charge under the Creative Commons BY-NC-ND License. It will be released on January 4th 2012.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

It's been quite a while since I last heard anything about this game. Great to hear there's a date for it now. Maybe I'll give the demo another run-through tomorrow.

lumber_of_the_beast

First thing I thought when I saw the topic was "I didn't know Uresia took that long to finish".

And now I'm sad because no one's going to know what the hell I'm talking about.

At any rate, yay KS

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
  • The Main Character (Really!)
    • Blank
I almost thought it was Half-Life 2 Episode 3, but I guess that would be impossible.

...Where's my game?

Jana

• mrgrgr
I remember playing the demo forever ago. It's nice that they're finally going to release the full game~

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
Huh, what took them 5 years to color a picture, and then 2 more years to post it up on 4chan? :wat:

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Oh, hadn't realised there was a thread for this here already.  Really should've just made one when I heard, ahah~  But still... Yay, been looking forward to this for a long time. :toot:

Totally going to go through the Rin route first, what with her being the best character and all.  The only real problem is deciding who to do after that... Hmmm.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

PX

• School Idol?
I almost thought it was Half-Life 2 Episode 3, but I guess that would be impossible.

Silly, Valve can't count past 2

Also, gotta have my moe. Hanako all the way

EDIT: I thought this was being released on Steam?!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Silly, Valve can't count past 2
Suddenly, everything makes sense

Also, heck yeah.  Looking forward to this.

Bio

• resident walker
Unfortunately Valve has no idea what a 3 is.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
Damn, has it been five years? Felt like ages ago.

Emi, here I come baby.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Jesus this still exists
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
RELEASED SOMETIME IN 2011 MY ASS

Anyway, fuck yes this is awesome and I am totally calling in sick to work that day week. Route order will be from worst to best so Emi --> Lilly --> Rin --> Shizune --> Hanako (aka true route).

A vn where i get to hit on a bunch of cripples... Im in

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
gimme the chocolate, hisao.
on the other hand, ks has been so waited for I'm obligated to check it out. Shizune route, here we come.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

RELEASED SOMETIME IN 2011 MY ASS

Anyway, fuck yes this is awesome and I am totally calling in sick to work that day week. Route order will be from worst to best so Emi --> Lilly --> Rin --> Shizune --> Hanako (aka true route).
They delayed it 4 days so they could hit the milestone :V

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Bumpin' so we can discuss it upon it's release! XD

Actually also I've decided to play this again knowing that the official release is coming out on the 4th.

Forgotten what it was like. But after playing it, I feel a sense of nostalgia. Course I noticed a lot of changes since I last played it. (V1 I think).

Retouched music, art tweaks (especially now that Emi looks less loli and more of a high schooler now [thank god])  and so forth.

I personally chose this time to decide which route I'd be playing on the official release.

Got Emi's route, so I guess I'll be trying to tenderly love a petite prostetic legged athlete... while she try's to improve Hisao's heart through excersise (Oh I can see that going so well, NOT!)

I would of preferred Rin or Lilly oh well.

Oh also hate Shizune like I did many years back, but love Misha.

Course like always, my bet is Misha's disability is Angelmen's Syndrome. (which would make a rather unique reference to SAC)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:02:48 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
Dammit I'll be at work on release day. Maybe I should fake a heart attack (plus it'll get me into character!)

Don't mind me, just posting some true route pictures.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
IT'S UP. FINALLY RELEASED. FIVE LONG YEARS. IT'S TIME.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
The day has finally come! And it is now happen because...

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!

And I plan to tell you my thoughts of the Emi route once I completed it since I'll be doing this blindly. So I'll be placing massive walls a spoiler blocks around the place. When I get that far.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

PX

• School Idol?
<Ika_dorMusume> @choose Mute or Armless or Footless or Blind or MOE
<Keine-tan> Ika_dorMusume: I choose...MOE! ^_^V
<Ika_dorMusume> ^5 Keine

Awww yeah, after two years of waiting, I can finally finish my Hanako route!

Well this is a nice little gift to start off the new year. Think I'm just going wing it (like I did in the demo) and go with whoever I happen to get.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
Guess I gotta call my boss and tell him I can't come into work today because I'm caring for some disabled girl.

Maybe I can get tomorrow off instead. :(

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: After 12 years of waiting and 5 years of development, it's finally here
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 08:26:16 AM »
I'll play tomorrow~

Also, quick topic title change to reflect the current situation.