Author Topic: The Elements of Gensokyo  (Read 31689 times)

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
The Elements of Gensokyo
« on: July 17, 2011, 03:21:49 PM »
                                                                                                                The Beginning

First, there was nothing. just an empty space that was filled with darkness, corruption, sickness - It could have been called Hell itself. But no, it was called Chaos, the primordial ooze that made up the universe before it came into being what it is now. Chaos, although being filled with all these hated aliments, was good too, in every way imaginable. Chaos is a Paradox. The Creator was there, it always was, sleeping, gathering it's infinite amounts of energy that would soon be comprised into everything in the universe. Then, it unleashed it's untold, ununderstandable, everlasting eternal power... And slept, once again, until the time when Chaos shall emerge from us all, and be corrupted once again, by the evil that lurks within all of us.

And when God awakes, the world shall be recreated into the Light. But Chaos has other plans... for this time... It shall rule, instead of God.

"Power..."

It still exists within us. It exists within everything, and it, together with the energy of the Creator, that sparked the "Big Bang", still lies in us all. Everything Living and UnLiving...

"Mana, Mind, Spirit. All of these, is Chaos. Life, Personality, and your existence, is Energy."

According to science, all of what we know today was made by the Big Bang, yes; an explosion of pure energy and the sorts. No, it's not like that. It was never like that. Scientists discovered just an implosion of energy from a singular source, what it was, shall never be revealed to the public. Apparently, Japan was the first continent to have came into existence when the earth was born by the flames of the creator, and Gensokyo was made at that moment too, but at that time, it covered the whole of Japan. The Hakurei border was made by Yukari, the Youkai of Borders, and the one of the earliest Hakurei descendants, using the powers of the highest order of the Gods - Dragons. What they didn't realise, was that the creation of the Hakurei Border, will spark the emergence of Chaos... And the eventual return of the one, true god... However, it was estimated by Yukari, to take a million years to reach this stage, so they really didn't have to worry... and of course, no one knows about Gensokyo...

Soon enough, the outside world discovered Anti-Matter. It was the complete opposite of Matter, and it was the leftover remains of ther personified Chaos. A complete, perfect mixture of every Element and Chaos, into one, small little compacted ball.  They tried making Matter and Anti-Matter contact. It failed, horribly. Fire, Lightning, Ice, Rock, beams of Light, tentacles of Darkness and all the other elements, spewed out, unseen by the scientist's eyes - They were not chosen by God, to see what they have done... The continuous experimentation on anti-matter eventually led to enough pure energy in the outside world to start infecting the border, and push the process of evolution in Chaos to it's limit, making the estimated One million years until recreation, start in four years.

No one knows the effects of this... Yet...

---

You are a normal human from the outside, with no real knowledge of Gensokyo or well, much about myths and legends at all. On 9th of May, the world you know it colapses around you, and purple cracks tear through the fabric of spacetime, devouring you into it's abyssal maw. What you don't know is that you are one of the Chosen ones, to restore order, to the currently fading Universe, which would happen to start, within Gensokyo.

---

Rules and Stuff:

You start out at a random place in Gensokyo, although you may choose to appear in Makai, Heaven or the Underground too. As a normal human, you are very, very weak compared to the Youkai in this place, but you could just grow stronger... All of you have a single note in hand, with a certain Touhou's name that you shall choose. After meeting that Touhou, you will gain a spiritual, "Chaotic" and "Elemental" connection to her/him. You are able to venture to the outside for at most a day, before having to rest in Gensokyo for three more days, oh and you can bring your Touhou too.

The Spiritual Connection allows you to talk to your partner in their head, like a psychic. Although you can't talk to them if you or the other are too tired, mortally wounded, or have your mana sealed. You also use this to travel back and forth to the outside and Gensokyo.

The Chaotic Connection allows you to adapt to the Chaos that attacks you, only once, allowing you to grow stronger while consuming it. You and your Partner cannot do this at the same time, and if you use it, it will be at the cost of most of your partner's mana, stamina, and physical well-being. Once you have consumed the attacking Chaos, you gain a certain special ability, which may evolve and grow stronger in time.

The Elemental Connection is a hidden system that will be revealed in due time...

Chaos is unable to affect you, physically, but is able to affect your mentality, energy, and your partnered Touhou, and if she/he dies, you will have a fate worse then Death, however, you do have one chance before death... Chaos is currently unknown to everyone in Gensokyo, including you. You arrive in Gensokyo a month after Touhou 12.8.

Chaos can take the form of everything, and anything, and is hostile to all. The Chaos that begin to spawn in Gensokyo are semi-intelligent, and can absorb anything from the environment to get a "Tier" There are six Tiers in the Chaos Evolutionary line. After gaining a Tier by absorbing something from the environment, they have to absorb a living thing, followed by Energy that lies in a Touhou, and then an Elemental. In very, very rare circumstances, a Chaotic Spawn will reach Tier 6, and become almost unkillable... Unless...

Elementals are rare beings of energy that is related to their element. One spawns when a Chosen One has made a connection with his/her Touhou. They are currently, Neutral.

Standard Text-based RP rules apply. You guys here should know what that means if you've read Waking Up from the Dream, or Tir Na Nog, etc.

---

(I won't update this post to state who has chosen one. I'll update the post down Beeeelllloooooow.)

List of Touhous by Location.

Makai
+ Luize
+ Sara
+ Yuki
+ Mai
+ Yumeko
+ Shinki

Mugenkan
+ Orange
+ Kurumi
+ Elly
+ Yuuka
+ Mugetsu & Gengetsu

Other PC-98s
+ Yumemi
+ Chiyuri
+ Kana
+ Kotohime
+ Rikako
+ Rika

Hakurei Shrine
+ Reimu
+ Suika
+ Mima
+ Kasen

Scarlet Devil Mansion
+ Meiling
+ Koakuma
+ Patchouli
+ Sakuya
+ Remilia
+ Flandre

Mayohiga
+ Chen
+ Ran
+ Yukari

Hakugyokuro
+ Lily White
+ Lunasa
+ Merlin
+ Lyrica
+ Youmu
+ Yuyuko

Forest of Magic
+ Marisa
+ Alice + Shanghai & Hourai
+ Rumia
+ Mystia
+ Wriggle
+ Sunny
+ Luna
+ Star

Misty Lake
+ Cirno
+ Daiyousei

Human Village
+ Keine
+ Akyuu

Bamboo Forest of the Lost (and Eientei)
+ Mokou
+ Kaguya
+ Eirin
+ Tewi
+ Reisen

Higan
+ Komachi
+ Shikieiki
+ Lily Black
+ Medicine

Youkai Mountains
+ Aki Sisters (Shizuha & Minoriko)
+ Hina
+ Nitori
+ Momiji
+ Aya
+ Sanae
+ Kanako
+ Suwako

Chireiden
+ Kisume
+ Yamame
+ Parsee
+ Yuugi
+ Satori
+ Koishi
+ Rin
+ Utsuho

Myouren Temple
+ Nazrin
+ Kogasa
+ Ichirin
+ Murasa
+ Shou
+ Byakuren
+ Nue

Celestial Realms
+ Iku
+ Tenshi

Once again, Choose only One Touhou. However, you get BOTH Aki Sisters if you choose one of them.

Character Creation shall be like this...

Name:
Touhou:
Personality:
History:
Others:

Haha, I usually ask a much more extended sign-up then those on normal text-based RPs.

--------------
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:28:57 PM by Youkai Jesus »

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: The Elements of Gensokyo
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »
Let me know if this needs any changes.

Name: Aesera Laoresk

Touhou character: Kanako Yasaka

Personality: In a word, pragmatic. To her, the only thing that matters when deciding on a course of action is how well it would work. All other concerns are secondary, including emotional and moral concerns. Such things are part of what determines her objectives, but once she has a goal, they are set aside. If the thoughts or feelings of others are relevant to an objective, they will of course be taken into account, but otherwise, they are not considered. She does not believe that the ends justify the means; she simply consideres justification irrelevant. Aesera also has a very unconventional way of thinking, which, when combined with her willingness to do pretty much anything, tends to produce some interesting results, and her fondness for mind games only serves to amplify this.

History: Fairly ordinary. She does have a history of alienating other people, but this isn't something she does deliberately; in general, it's a side effect of her willingness to take essentially any action. Many people have been put off by some of the suggestions she's made. She did very well throughout the entirity of her schooling-academic acheivment was the objective of such a thing-and found employment without much difficulty. She is a business consultant, and her combination of unconventionality and willingness to take essentially any action has served her well in that profession.
Aesera's personal life, too, is fairly unremarkable-well, except for the fact that she's a lesbian. Personal habbits include regular exercise and watching her diet; being out of shape isn't very practical. She takes part in martial-arts training for self-defense purposes, and the exercise is good for her, too. She also makes a point of keeping an 'emergency kit' on her at all times, carried in the backpack she wears instead of carrying a purse. This kit does include the basics, such as first-aid supplies, and also a fair amount of water and low-volume, dense foods of the millitary-ration style-not the best tasting, maybe, but it lets her carry a significant supply with her. Other items include, but are not limited to: a knife, a lighter, a magnifying glass, a basic flora-and-fauna field guide, sunscreen, bug spray, and even a change of clothes (basic athletic-style clothes, so they're small and easy to fit in with everything else). And, of course, she does have basic wilderness-survival skills. She could make preperations for every possibility she could think of, but such a thing is simply impractical; better to have a basic survival kit and a few basic plans and improvise as necessary.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 12:22:38 AM »
I wrote this while I was very, very sleepy. Will continue on the plot and rules later on today.

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 03:14:20 AM »
Sorry for the double post,

You're accepted, however, you may have to change a little once I update the plot and the character creation system here. Also, we need at least 6 players, including me, to begin this.

May the Elements welcome you into this fantasmic universe.

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 04:32:15 AM »
Mostly just reserving a spot. It's 10:30 P.M. right now, so I'd rather wait until I'm wide awake before I start altering the same character I use in almost every RP for this format working on the character I'm using.

...That, and I can't decide between Nazrin and Nitori. :P

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 07:29:57 AM »
Alright, you are Reserved. Updating Char creation in a few hours...

The Elements await your arrival...

Come on peoples, join'th!

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 08:51:49 AM »
Done updating, please re-read the rules, and plot. I've decided to let Character Creation remain how it is now. If it's too confuzzling, feel free to ask questions. I have a weird way of phrasing things. Haha...

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 12:36:24 AM »
Hope I'm not forgetting anything.

---

Name: Newan Kudo

Touhou character: Nazrin

Personality: Apathetic towards people as a whole, but not hateful. Rather blunt, which can be seen as a good thing or a bad thing. Incredibly intelligent. Doesn't like to open up to people, and has never really had a friend, which is probably why he is so indifferent to people. He doesn't hate people, however; he just doesn't like to deal with them.

History: After getting his Doctorate in Engineering in the United States of America, he decided to move to Japan, where he could actually put his skills in Engineering to use. He doesn't remember anything that happened before the age of eight. Has nightmares almost every night, but he can never remember what they're about, and has decided to ignore them to the best of his abilities. Since moving to Japan, he has developed a ?purely analytical? interest in Japanese mythology.

Others: Somehow manages to stay relatively thin despite an apparent lack of exercise. Has a large scar across his back, although it doesn't look like a cut; more like a large oval, as though the the whole area of skin had simply died, and never grew back.

He has short, black hair, black pants, a more formal white shirt, a black tie, and glasses. He carries a bag that contains a notebook, a few pens and pencils, a ruler, a protractor, and a graphing calculator.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:06:50 PM by Squawkers »

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 02:32:30 AM »
Ah, save me a spot to please! >>

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »
Squawkers, You are Accepted. Also, Orphea.Russ, you are Reserved.

Only two more until we start. SWEEEE~!

Oh, and you will be in control of your Touhou...

Gonna make a few, really laid back sign ups and one good one...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:25:14 AM by Youkai Jesus »

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 07:06:13 PM »
You know what? Screw it, I'm using Naz anyway. :P More fun to use, and an engineer + engineer combo is boring.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 10:00:44 AM »
Updated. Byakuren, Nazrin, Youmu and Kanako have been chosen.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 07:45:13 AM »
Only two more for the RP to start. Join up :D. Making my Sign-up tomorrow with a little guideline of how you guys will start.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 07:07:20 AM »
Shit just hit the fan. Alot of things came up, so I may take some time to work on them before coming back to this RP. However, I'll still try to be back asap.

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 01:45:10 PM »
I will reserve the slot for the Sage of Gensokyo, Yukari.

So time to make an OC! WOOOOOO

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 01:47:28 PM »
All the way man! The Elemental God deems your character creation as Reserved may the borders of the spacetime guide you.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 08:54:16 AM »
Just a racap.

Yukoishi Yakomeiji: Selected, Yukarin~(Potential Comeback, within 7 nights? Reserve canceled.)

Squawkers: Selected, Nazrin (Accepted)

Guy You Met Online: Selected, Kanako (Accepted)

Orphea.Russ: Selected, Youmu Konpaku (Accepted)

Youkai Jesus: Selected, Byakuren (Sign-Up currently on hold)

Magical Moerin<3: Unselected (Reserved)

Someone: Selected, Alice Margatroid (Reserved)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:41:35 AM by Youkai Jesus »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 09:02:10 AM »
Hmmm... Looks interesting, although it's a shame the Watatsukis don't seem to be available (they're always so much fun to play, eheh~).  I'm gonna say I'm interested for the time being, I guess.  I'll see what I can rattle up, although knowing me something will probably get in the way, but hey, fingers crossed.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 10:35:30 AM »
RIght then. Updating the post above.

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 05:43:54 AM »
On another note, hai bad submission (In before not really as bad as it seems).

Name: Rhiseza Torias
Touhou: Youmu Konpaku
Personality: Bit of a shut in. Gets uncomfortable around more than three or four people, more because she doesn't want to have that many people who might be watching her at any given time. Is a bit bad with feelings and explaining things, because she doesn't know how to put them into words. Does, however, always try to justify her own actions to herself (and sometimes others).
History: Rhiseza is a bit of a loner figure. She avoided being social through most of her childhood, preferring to stay at home, reading a book. Once she got through high school, she got a job as a librarian, doing quite a bit of the work herself, while she took classes at university. Prior to the purple cracks in the world, Rhiseza was finishing up work at the library for the night, being the last one out as normal.
Others: Always carries her backpack with her, which contains a few books, a case for her glasses, two filled water bottles, an inhaler, a notebook, a deck of cards, and a small box at the bottom which contains snacks (she eats often, but doesn't eat much at all). Has asthma and is a bit on the weak side, but is fast when she needs to be. Rarely ever uses her inhaler anyways, primarily because she is a bad judge of when she should.
Appearance-wise, she's about five feet and five inches in height, and only weighs about 107 pounds. Her hair is dark brown, always worn in a braided ponytail which hangs down to her waist, her skin is fairly pale (as a result of not really being out in the open much), and her eyes are green. Her glasses are a simplistic black frame, and she always wears a short-sleeved white shirt (decorated with black flower-like patterns and faded gray-ish ones in the background) and a long (about knee-length) black skirt, along with a pair of black flip-flops, though she prefers to walk barefoot.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:06:59 PM by Orphea.Russ »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 08:23:46 AM »
Hmm... You could elaborate more on her History and tell us more about her personality. Why is she uncomfortable with more people around her? What does she do when she trys to explain her feelings and explain things out, does she have any habits that she usually do when she tries to communicate with people, like stuttering and such?

The Elements currently remain Pending towards your sign-up.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »
I added in some details at the end. Nothing major, just appearance and what he carries with him.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 07:40:52 AM »
Alright, once the other two Reservies have finished with their Sign-ups, I'll post mine and we can start the Rp. Whew.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 06:37:49 AM »
Since Orpheas has editted his character sign-up, He is now Accepted. May the Elements guide you.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 06:39:32 AM »
So, just one more, right?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 07:22:32 AM »
Yeah, we got two reservies and one person will join after the RP starts.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 07:28:36 AM »
I see.

On that note, you're probably doing this anyway, but I'd recommend leaving sign-ups open after the RP starts, at least for a bit. Maybe not once the story gets super involved, but until then.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 08:33:25 AM »
Indeed, I'm going to let the sign-ups still be opened to all even when the RP starts, however, I will close it when some... unfortunate events happen in the RP to stop the dimensional cracks from dragging people in.

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 10:24:59 AM »
Umm..

I've been way too busy lately. I really really like to join, but time constraints don't allow me to do so.

So, favor. Could you cancel my reservation? I'm sorry about the trouble. I hope you understand.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 03:28:30 PM »
Cancel your reservation? Alriiiight. The Elements have reluctantly allowed your subtle Departure, however, they have left in your place, seven nights for a potential comeback - As the gates of the universe are still open to all.

- Updating list tomorrow..