Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 109059 times)

Kabuto

• Kabuto
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 3]
« Reply #960 on: July 20, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »
I think that Yuan was the one that killed me. Why?

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #961 on: July 20, 2011, 10:42:54 AM »
Even though Yuan claimed to roleblock Xix, Xix confirmed that he was roleblocked, and no one else has claimed to have targeted Xix with a roleblocking action?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #962 on: July 20, 2011, 10:44:51 AM »
I suppose that's true though I haven't actually given much thought to the identity of my killer.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #963 on: July 20, 2011, 10:50:25 AM »
It's more a question of "Yuan targeted Xix, Moonin targeted Caladbook, so which had the time to kill anyone if they're a scumpair" than asking you to speculate who might have killed you.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #964 on: July 20, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »
I believe that Demon Navarus asked the mods earlier about whether or not scum were allowed to perform a kill in addition to their abilities. If I recall correctly we did not receive a response but we cannot rule out the possibility. I will try to post again later but right now I need to go perform as much divination as I can.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #965 on: July 20, 2011, 10:57:39 AM »
Votecount of Because We Need It On Every Page

Yuan (3): One, Mala, Depore, Miya, Mala
Moonin (2): Yuan, Xix, Mikhail

One (0): Yuan
Mikhail (0): Xix
Xix (0): Depore

Not Voting: Miya, Caladbolg, Moonin

With 8 alive, you require 5 to lynch.
There are about 33 hours until Night 3.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #966 on: July 20, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
Quote from: Yuan
Oh, my read on Mikhail depends on Xix! So, if Xix is scum, Mikhail is town~! (Implying that if Xix is town, Mikhail is scum).
That's exactly what I'm implying.
The major case against Mikhail is that he's been holding four major scum reads, three of which are town, the other is Xix. If Mikhail is Scum, than his gameplan was to maintain these reads, and spend as little possible time in the game while supporting town making their decisions. His role effectively makes him a super cheerleader by having him give his position away temporarily to a townie, and since it's his role, we can't use that to determine if he's scum or town. All that's left is to grade him on the stuff he posted himself, and from that, all there is is four mostly unchanging yet building reads, that we know are anywhere between 3/4 wrong and 4/4 wrong. 3/4 wrong is a standard hit percentage for town to make when guessing, so the scumminess comes from the last 1.

Quote from: One
So I ask of Thee, why did you not vote for Xix, when you believe he is currently the scummiest?
Because I still had two rereads left, and considering my current scummiest had an if, then statement attached to Mikhail, who is slightly above Null (Null being One and Yuan), I decided not to leave a vote until I at least had been sure. Granted, even though I'm trying to justify it, it is a stupid thing to do since not having a vote out always leads to being calling you scum for being anti-town.

Regardless, I think the likelihood of a Xix; Yuan partnership has greatly increased with Mala's revival. This pairing easily gets around the Scum action limit (if there is one) By Yuan's target simply being a lie.

##Vote: Xix

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #967 on: July 20, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Moonin

I'd much rather see this lynch than Yuan's at this point. I still have to organize my thoughts regarding Yuan but I don't think I'll be able to do this today.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #968 on: July 20, 2011, 01:01:09 PM »
I've thought about it, and yeah, I'm not as apprehensive of my lynch as I was a little while ago. I don't see how Mikhail as scum would bother using the second revival if he was given it. One doesn't look bad, and between him and Miya, I don't see how One would be scum. I'm sure everyone who's town is holding the top three suspects at Me, Xix, and Yuan, and since we have a mislynch, town should still be able to win with me out of the way.

I'm sorry that I'm so frustratingly slow with my reads.

Quote from: Mala
I still have to organize my thoughts regarding Yuan but I don't think I'll be able to do this today.
Today meaning in game, or today meaning before you go to bed? Because you won't be able to post after phase change.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #969 on: July 20, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
Or I can go beyond the impossible and get this post out there.
One, Mikhael, Princess Miya, and Caladbolg are probably town. This leaves the interesting part. From least scummiest to scummiest:
Depore: I highly dislike Depore's #469. Oldepore had rather bad play but most of the new Depore's posts have made sense. A reread is required in the near future.
Xix: I need a reread on him. I have been disliking the wagons on him and the like, as well as Empress Iffrita's singling out of Xix in #628.
Yuan: I highly dislike her #849. She seems far too eager to jump on wagons just like how she admitted that she was sheeping to Demon Navarus' Sage Orwen case. In addition I believe that the timing of her claim reeks of opportunism. She did wait until I was dead to clarify that the reason for her dislike of Empress Iffrita's was that she was a jailer.
Moonin: I would also like for you to address my points against you in #93, #109, #262, #336, #364, #471, #567, #741 and #957. Your refusal to even acknowledge that my posts exist has been noted. I also like the reasoning you had for voting for Sage Orwen at the end of Day 2... Wait. What reasoning? Just die already, scum.
@Xix: You've fullclaimed so allow me to ask you about your earlier crumbs. Do you really want Nex dead?
@Moonin #968: "I'm sure everyone who's town is holding the top three suspects at Me, Xix, and Yuan, and since we have a mislynch, town should still be able to win with me out of the way." "I'm sorry that I'm so frustratingly slow with my reads." This reeks of appeal to emotion or something like that. I've been asking you for you opinions since Day 1, you've had plenty of time.
If Moonin flips scum and Yuan does not, my suspicions of Mikhael will increase significantly.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #970 on: July 20, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »
@Mod: If I am lynched, does Mikhael die?

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #971 on: July 20, 2011, 02:30:58 PM »
Appeal to Emotion is not a scumtell.

93: First case is opportunism and active lurking. Everything is opportunism, and as I've said before, I've stated everything needed on my Case on Xix and One when I random voted them (which was nothing, and the wagon onto Xix for bad reasoning, respectively).

109: I already answered this one. I was saying the Depore was parroting you. That's why I voted her over you at that time.

262: Everyone had a bad case on Xix, not just One. I put One ahead of everyone because he was L-1, but considering the L-1 thing a nulltell, that made me back off a little on him. The only person that seemed to have had a good case on Xix was iffritas, and that was probably because she was the only one on the wagon who knew Xix was scum for certain.

336: The main bad points about the case is that a large part of it consists of me encouraging bandwagons to move forward, which is actually something that's pro-town. Even if you make the argument that I'm faking pro-town movement on the bandwagons, it's still not so much "opportunism" as you said. Opportunism implies that I was voting Xix to lynch right out from the starting gate.

364:
He disliked One before finding that his read on One was null before deciding that he's STARTING to dislike One again. Depore has been making scumslips but only if certain other people are scum. He doesn't even tell us WHICH people need to be scum for Depore's scumslips to be actual scumslips.
Okay, this is my bad. What I was getting at was that I was seeing Oldepore as a newbie-scum follow the leader mindset. Oldepore was using a fomulaic method of scumhunting to the point that it seemed to be easily faked. Also, I saw the Depore was clinging pretty heavily to One's vote, and supporting it. I was very wary of the Just wagon, because of the One, Depore, Mala trio, I figured you were the only townie. I had a One/Depore scumtheory in mind that banked on One being Scum, and Depore being really derpy.

471: This is just an update, which I covered all above. Yes, I did sort of forget about One and Depore, but Depore had a replacement by the time I posted, and everyone was ignoring One anyway. Okay, yeah, I derped up hard when it came to dealing with Iffritas vs Miya, in more ways than one.

567: The only thing I could answer to in this post was where my Town read from Iffritas came from. It was a lingering memory from day one, from the case on Xix in which I said Iffritas was the only townie on the wagon because she was the only one who had a real case on Xix. In retrospect, that was again probably only the case because they were scum together, but it left a strong impression in my mind, and I stuck to that impression.

741: I do have an answer to why I've ignored your case on me: It's because I think you're town. I've thought you were town since the wagon failure between you and Just. Though, that was because I also thought Miya was scum at the time, but still. You were town, I am town, therefore, you are town, and wrong, therefore, i ignored you.

957: I was caught off guard between my read on Iffritas, and the role shenanigans. All of the flimfy justification I came up with was based around "Iffritas is town, claimed partially my role, and partially the role Yuan claimed to have had, this is how the setup must work." My justifications all turned out bad because all of them assumed Iffritas town, which was not true.

Also, If Mikhail and I are scumpartners, then what is the value of bringing back the  person most suspicious of me from the dead when Mikhail could easily have just plodded along pretending he can't?

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #972 on: July 20, 2011, 02:36:49 PM »
Keep in mind that the weakneses of my role, and the fact that it was intended to be anonymous, and the Iffritas' claim seemed to be for communcation purposes made me think that even though our roles did the same thing, they were for two entirely different purposes. This is why I stilled believed Iffritas even though I CCed her.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #973 on: July 20, 2011, 03:11:24 PM »
@One: I will admit to trying to direct you a bit. You're new to the game, and I have been convinced you were scum this whole game.

The recent events of your Claim and Miya's watcher confirming it makes me think you're town. (Which admittedly throws me for some loops).

So, now under the impression that you are town. And knowing that I am town, I know that you're simply being misguided and... well... wrong?

So I see NO ISSUES with me as town trying to help you as town avoid making newbie mistakes.

And you yourself admit that my advice seems like "good advice". That's because it is. It's coming from a protown motivation of helping you understand why the things you are saying are wrong. (I originally thought they were just scum driven, but now that I see otherwise I don't think town can afford to have you continue on this track).

If you feel this is scummy of me, I will stop. I can certainly see why you would be worried. But try to see what my INTENT behind this action is. That's where true scum hunting can be found. Not in the actions of players, but the INTENT of their actions.

Whats this suppose to be, appeasement?
"I see NO ISSUES with me as town trying to help you as town avoid making newbie mistakes."

You say you won't give me the newbie treatment. Yet your willing to help me avoid newbie mistakes.
You assumed I was scum throughout the game, yet now you say you were helping a "townie"
Why in the world would town supposely HELP her strongest SCUM read?

His last post is a ball of appeasement and not really explaining why he did anything. Just... "Oh Yeah, Right."
I don't like it.
Furthermore, this "Everyone had an equal chance to be scum, so moving my vote would be BAD!" is just crap anyway.
This is utter denial and not even a reason to tell me why its crap. How is this helping me?

This
So you want me to explain MAFIA THEORY to you now? Good Lord.

Appeasement is scummy because it's a way for scum to try and deflect and avoid suspicion. Scum has clear motivation to do it.

Your post is a ball of appeasement as well, just like Just when he was willing to drop me to kill someone else. So following this means, You are scum, and want the attention off you as fast as possible. Since I was the one who mainly had targets on you, you also wanted me lynched as fast as possible. Afterall, the ones you targeted hardest were the ones who voted on you. To think you had such a heavy case on me early game and now your completely willing to drop even, with apparent APPEASEMENT.

WHY would a townie help her strongest scum read? This is more of a indirect control of my actions to base it upon your logic.

Also the fact that you claimed the EXACT same role as a Deceased Townie makes it even worse!

I will not change my vote, Yuan is officially my strongest scum read. I shall state again,
What Kind Of Town Helps Her Strongest Scum Read?!

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #974 on: July 20, 2011, 03:14:41 PM »
Votecount of Off To Work

Yuan (2): One, Mala, Depore, Miya, Mala
Moonin (3): Yuan, Xix, Mikhail, Mala
Xix (1): Depore, Moonin

One (0): Yuan
Mikhail (0): Xix

Not Voting: Miya, Caladbolg

With 8 alive, you require 5 to lynch.
There are about 28 hours and 45 minutes until Night 3.

@Mod: If I am lynched, does Mikhael die?
That is role specific information that we will not answer.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #975 on: July 20, 2011, 03:19:51 PM »
You're not my strongest scum read anymore One. You're being a fucking idiot.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #976 on: July 20, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »
Whatever it is you want to tell others, I trust you can do so with mutual respect and understanding. Hostilities are pass?.

No chances here.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #977 on: July 20, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »
You're not my strongest scum read anymore One. You're being a fucking idiot.
Are you disgreading my other points?
Plus, whats this? Meaningless agression?
Save this for after the game.
Is this suppose to make me want to lynch you any less?
If so, its definitely not working.
Also, If you are town you should have not been worried about getting killed.
To go from reason to immediate aggression. This makes it even more scummy.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #978 on: July 20, 2011, 03:29:25 PM »
I'd also like to say this.

Mala, your ability means that ALL abilities targeting your target fail?

My ability only stops kills and roleblocks my target. Any actions going out fail, but only kills going in fail.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #979 on: July 20, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »
Are you disgreading my other points?
Plus, whats this? Meaningless agression?
Save this for after the game.
Is this suppose to make me want to lynch you any less?
If so, its definitely not working.
Also, If you are town you should have not been worried about getting killed.
To go from reason to immediate aggression. This makes it even more scummy.

You had other points?

Your entire case on me is that I was voting you, and then I tried to defend myself and show you that you were wrong.

In other words, you have NOTHING.

Tell me, why does scum vote Iffrita D1 and D2, and lynch Iffrita over Miya from the GET GO on D2?

Why does scum counterclaim Ifffrita?

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #980 on: July 20, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »

You had other points?

Your entire case on me is that I was voting you, and then I tried to defend myself and show you that you were wrong.

In other words, you have NOTHING.

Tell me, why does scum vote Iffrita D1 and D2, and lynch Iffrita over Miya from the GET GO on D2?

Why does scum counterclaim Ifffrita?

Bussing

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #981 on: July 20, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »
Hyper Bussing, indeed. :roll:

Had I been scum, I could have easily pushed the lynch or kill onto Miya that day. She was REALLY suspected.

Instead, I was voting Iffrita since the start of the day.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #982 on: July 20, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »
You also completely ignored my point about appeasement.
The fact that you completely forgot about your own words, and used appeasement to get me off your back itself is scummy.

WIFOM
You could have done it for the sake of looking more townie.
There is also the fact that if you went for Miya and she flipped town, you will lose all your town creds.
The fact that you attacked Iffrita from the start can be considered that you knew she was a scum and that voting her was a way to earn more town creds as well when she flips.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #983 on: July 20, 2011, 04:05:15 PM »
You also completely ignored my point about appeasement.
The fact that you completely forgot about your own words, and used appeasement to get me off your back itself is scummy.

WIFOM
You could have done it for the sake of looking more townie.
There is also the fact that if you went for Miya and she flipped town, you will lose all your town creds.
The fact that you attacked Iffrita from the start can be considered that you knew she was a scum and that voting her was a way to earn more town creds as well when she flips.

You still don't understand Appeasement.

I'm not appeasing you. I'm telling you ~KINDLY~ that you're a fucking idiot who doesn't know what he is doing.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #984 on: July 20, 2011, 04:07:42 PM »
Warnings aren't meant to be ignored. Especially if they were just a few posts ago. Carry on for now whilst a decision is being made.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #985 on: July 20, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »
Warnings aren't meant to be ignored. Especially if they were just a few posts ago. Carry on for now whilst a decision is being made.

Oh, that was at me? >.>

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #986 on: July 20, 2011, 04:36:28 PM »
Yuan, the Barrier Master has been modkilled.

Vote count is reset. Continue as before.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #987 on: July 20, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
...Okay...
Yuan: Scum
Yuan: claimed role for Xix
Yuan: Not much of a saying on Xix at all. Pretty much ignored Xix all game.

##Vote Xix
With Yuan flipping scum, I find Xix to have the highest likely chance of being Scum.
Yuan claimed to have role blocked Xix, Xix's so called role, did not counter.
Therefore the exceptions can be considered scum. Surviving N3 is now likely to scum. Therefore Xix is scum.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #988 on: July 20, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »
Re##Vote: Xix

This should make it Seven alive, two mislynches, four needed to vote, and L-2 for Xix.
Bad Karma indeed.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #989 on: July 20, 2011, 06:24:51 PM »
##Vote Moonin