Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 109009 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Night 2]
« Reply #810 on: July 18, 2011, 11:55:39 PM »
All Night Actions received. No revisions to Night Actions will be accepted. Resolving them now.

Starting the Day soon, too. It'll start at 72 hours as normal.

Bardiche

Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 3]
« Reply #811 on: July 19, 2011, 12:12:06 AM »
Day breaks as usual, and the collective reconvenes in the main hall.

They count their numbers, and realise that someone is missing. Not just anyone, but a certain, lecherous Prophet...! As they head to their room, it looks like someone wanted to assist her divinations, but mistook her method of acquiring them by blasting a hole through her body.

During Night 2, someone attacked and killed Prophet Mala, the Divination Prophet.

---

Votecount of the Third Day - Watch Out For The Moon!

Not Voting: Bloody everyone

With 8 alive, you require 5 to lynch.
There are 72 hours until Night 3.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 1]
« Reply #812 on: July 19, 2011, 12:35:16 AM »
Oh, and Prophet Mala's defense of One is noted. The vote for Moonin is interesting.

This is clearly not a 100% thing, but looking at interactions...

Moonin/Iffrita and One/Mala are potential scum pairings. Obviously there's gonna be more than 2 scum. There's probably a third player who is just lurking and distancing.

Maybe Depore? Maybe Sage Orwen?

I'm down for ANY of the following lynches today:

Iffrita
Sage
One
Mala
Depore(this is here because of a bad gut feeling I have, plus I'm conditioned to have the "Why my Fry me" in my system at all times SOOOO yeah. Let me read closer into Depore before I make this official)

Vote: Moonin

A few reasons:

1) Day 1 interactions with Empress and her voting Paterns in Day 2 (preferred Miya!town lynch)
2) Day 2 interactions with Mala, making this kill very likely to come from her.

Also, while his claim doesn't make him scum, IT DOES NOT MAKE HIM TOWN AT ALL. Neighborizer is an INCREDIBLE power in the hands of scum, especially since it is a confirmable power to claim.

Confirmed role =/= confirmed alignment. Anyone trying to make that argument will be questioned severely.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #813 on: July 19, 2011, 12:37:25 AM »
In other words, I'm sticking with my D1 reads.

Mala is town, so I'm backing off One for today. I still think hate how he's played so far, and I'm NOT WILLING to give him the "derptown" pass you all gave ME last anonymafia. Remember that? Yeah.

But for today, I'm willing to hold out and see if his play can improve. Moonin is the lynch for today.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #814 on: July 19, 2011, 12:42:44 AM »
Oh, and I'll be looking through the two previous days to find potential Moonin partners.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #815 on: July 19, 2011, 01:22:28 AM »
Obvious scumpects for the day are Xix, One, and Moonin.

I will only make a quick post next morning, with a more substantial one the next night (24 hours from now).

For now, I want to know who Moonin targetted (at least so we know his role is confirmable).  And I believe Miya should tell us who she watched last night.

I will look through Iffrita's content some other time for the clues needed.  I also need to reread One.... and Moonin... those people that I didn't pay much attention to until now.  I wonder why.

I must say I'm surprised Orwen wasn't scum.  UK said in our QT that the Orwen-Mala Spat made Orwen look town but that it was better to get his lynch.  Her Gut really is impressive! 

I'm quite exhausted now from soccer... after chess.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #816 on: July 19, 2011, 01:27:34 AM »
And I believe Miya should tell us who she watched last night.
Mikhail, really?  Really?

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #817 on: July 19, 2011, 02:14:07 AM »
I'm still not sold on Moonin scum, even after his siding with Iffrita. I have an easier time justifying the neighborization claim timing with him as town than as scum, I'm still inclined to think he got hit with a roleblock given what's been said which gives him a little bit more leeway with me, and looking through his posting history, I just couldn't bring myself to agree with Mala's assessment about his constantly lacking an opinion, as much as I now know it was genuinely what she thought.

So instead I think I will do this.

##Vote: Xix

His game-long lacking content has been documented before, but knowing Iffrita was scum and Miya is very likely town, there is also his actions after Miya's initial claim, with this post standing out in particular. Assuming Miya to be town (which I think is a pretty safe assumption), scum would have known something was up the instant she made her initial declaration, and would have needed to start planning out how to deal with it immediately. Take a look at this:

And if what I suspect is true, then Miya's asking for a claim and Iffrita's claim are believable to me. This doesn't indicate anything for alignment, as roles are not related to alignment at all.

This really, really reads like scum still trying to plan for how to deal with the Miya situation, but not wanting to get caught with their pants down by being around when the initial claim happened but not saying anything at all. He doesn't elaborate on what he suspects, he throws in the easy line about how the claim does nothing for alignment (as much as Orwen's flip makes this slightly harder to really rub in, it's still unhelpful noise), and there's no real elaboration on anything. It comes off as flustered scum just putting a couple of lines out there so they look like they're analyzing the situation, as opposed to town intrigued by the conflict and wanting to get to the bottom of it (see Mala's grilling for a good example of this).

The post also comes after several instances of Xix focusing on other things, which I find odd as I'd think what had just happened would have been jarring enough to focus on quicker than he did, or to write more than he did about it.

His absensce from most of the rest of the day doesn't help at all, obviously.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #818 on: July 19, 2011, 03:30:45 AM »
GOD, HOW MANY ROLEBLOCKERS ARE IN THIS GAME?!

Moonin, is your neighborizer one shot? If not, someone claim being neighborized by him

Assuming that Orwen didn't lie and there are no hidden abilities of his, and assuming that Iffrita didn't lie, then there's TOO MANY GOD DAMN ROLE BLOCKERS IN THIS GAME. Yes, I claim being roleblocked last night.

@Depore: I was certain that Miya was going to claim one of tracker/watcher. I wasn't going to outright say it, since that might give her ideas if she was scum.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #819 on: July 19, 2011, 03:44:34 AM »
assuming that Iffrita didn't lie,
Where the hell have you been?

She is SCUM.  Scum lie.

Why would you think she was telling the truth?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #820 on: July 19, 2011, 03:45:51 AM »
Where the hell have you been?

She is SCUM.  Scum lie.

Why would you think she was telling the truth?

You can pretty much throw this in the pile with Mikhail's LOLWATCHER comment.

People are NOT paying attention to this game... or scum is feigning it.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #821 on: July 19, 2011, 03:46:49 AM »
EBWOP: The above post was referring to the comment made by Xix about Iffrita; not about Miya's post.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #822 on: July 19, 2011, 03:48:53 AM »
OH, that reminds me though.

@Miya: Do you have information for us?

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #823 on: July 19, 2011, 03:50:16 AM »
O yeah... Sorry I was brain-dead (and still am)

Tell us who you watched! LATER. at your discretion. ^_^

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #824 on: July 19, 2011, 03:52:56 AM »
O yeah... Sorry I was brain-dead (and still am)

Tell us who you watched! LATER. at your discretion. ^_^

What.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #825 on: July 19, 2011, 03:58:57 AM »
I'll put it this way.  If you watched Mala.. then I'm sure you will say something.  I trust Miya can make her own judgements.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #826 on: July 19, 2011, 04:01:18 AM »
I'll put it this way.  If you watched Mala.. then I'm sure you will say something.  I trust Miya can make her own judgements.

WATCHED.

SHE CLAIMED TRACKER.

WHAT?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #827 on: July 19, 2011, 04:03:44 AM »
Just because scum have a reason to lie doesn't mean they don't tell the truth. That said, I was just referring to her jailkeeper part of her role. Yes, she was most likely lying about her role, but there is a chance she wasn't. Either way, this is all balance issues and I will bring them to the mod after I see the entire set up.

That said,

##Vote Mikhail

His only post to explain his scum reads. Who are they? The flipped Townie, two people who are almost certainly townie, and me, who is town. He has been breathing down my neck and Orwen's forever, being the most adamant in getting Orwen lynched. And the possibility of him bussing Iffrita for town credit is pretty damn possible, since he revived UK RIGHT AFTER YUAN CAUGHT IFFRITA ON HER CLAIM.

Moonin is still my other suspect.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #828 on: July 19, 2011, 04:04:26 AM »
Immediate thoughts are that Moonin is townier than One and Xix for reasons that will be explained (mostly because I believe Iffrita/Moonin interactions fit scum/town interactions better than scum/scum). Leaning towards a Xix vote atm.

Inner voices silent in the dark abyss of the mind
State your name and purpose so that information I may find

-HM01-
Go read his claim again, Yuan.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #829 on: July 19, 2011, 04:05:04 AM »
:|

That doesn't really address my issue with what you said very much, Xix. It's basically the least relevant part of my case and does nothing to alleviate my concerns that it reads like scum scrambling to contribute while trying to think of a plan for how to deal with the sudden unexpected situation.

On the flip side, the roleblock claim is...I want to ask why you'd be roleblocked, but I'd also have to ask why Moonin was roleblocked on Night 1. Is it possible we have two town roleblockers? Neither of those targets seem to make much sense coming from scum. That would knock over one of my Moonin supports, though I still lean town on him independent of roleblock shenanigans, so.

I suspect I will have to give One a once-over tomorrow, since the other four living options don't really interest me in terms of pursuit right now. Even if Mikhail's response to Miya just now was a bit odd.

Cut by Yuan: Actually, she claimed alternating Tracker/Watcher and theoretically was on Watch last night. What's this about people not paying attention to the game? <_<

Cut by Xix with a Mikhail case. Will read momentarily.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #830 on: July 19, 2011, 04:05:34 AM »
Or the ex-book can steal my thunder.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #831 on: July 19, 2011, 04:07:34 AM »
Mikhail, who do you suspect more out of the three?

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #832 on: July 19, 2011, 04:10:54 AM »
Xix case on Mikhail is eh. It is interesting that two of his four reads have now flipped town (and I know I'm town), but it seems like a cheap shot to emphasize that it was his "only post to explain his scum reads" when he was removed from the game for the day after the summon. >_>

The rest of the case is something Mikhail should defend for himself.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #833 on: July 19, 2011, 04:12:06 AM »
Anyway, I'm outtie, because work won't drive itself to me tomorrow morning.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #834 on: July 19, 2011, 04:12:46 AM »
Xix, what happened to your Moonin case?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #835 on: July 19, 2011, 04:13:25 AM »
EBWOP: Oh nvm I can't read.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #836 on: July 19, 2011, 04:14:35 AM »
I want whoever roleblocked me to claim it. I will claim how that will help us find scum, but that comes after someone claims to have roleblocked me.

Indeed, he was removed from the game for the day. But what stopped him from explaining his scum reads on D1? Which is my previous case on him.

Bardiche

« Reply #837 on: July 19, 2011, 04:18:21 AM »
Votecount of the Third Dawn

Moonin (1): Yuan
Xix (1): Depore
Mikhail (1): Xix

Not Voting: Mikhail, Miya, Xix, Caladbolg, Moonin

With 8 alive, you require 5 to lynch.
There are 68 hours until Night 3.

Whatever it is you want to tell others, I trust you can do so with mutual respect and understanding. Hostilities are pass?.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #838 on: July 19, 2011, 04:18:47 AM »
Hey cool, I'll be eating my words then now.

I haven't seen an alternating role in a mafia game in AGES. That's REALLY helpful.

@Miya: I'd like to hear your results in your next post please.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #839 on: July 19, 2011, 04:20:34 AM »
I want whoever roleblocked me to claim it. I will claim how that will help us find scum, but that comes after someone claims to have roleblocked me.

Indeed, he was removed from the game for the day. But what stopped him from explaining his scum reads on D1? Which is my previous case on him.

Well, let us investigate the evidence here.

Iffrita claims a ridiculous role D1.

I counter claim part of it.

Moonin claims Neighborizer. I don't cc that.

So there's only two options left, either I cc'd that incredibly complex obviously fake hider thing.

OR

I cc'd the Jailer.

What do YOU think it was?

(Hint: It's the Jailer. I jailed you last night. The jail power protects you from kills, but also blocks your actions)