Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 111213 times)

W

• Heat Joker
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 2]
« Reply #360 on: July 16, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »
tl;dr I'd vig half the players in the game BECAUSE I CAN'T GET A READ ON NON-POSTERS.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #361 on: July 16, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »
Will post tomorrow, spent a few hours reading the thread, but my priorites are Mala, Depore, Xix, and Orwen.

Depore is quickly becoming my first choice.
If you don't post tomorrow I will shank you.

Yuan, you're still pursuing One today? Could you post an updated case with a vote?

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #362 on: July 16, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »
Firstly mommy dearest, 5 hours to deadline and I'm the only one who makes a wagon in the first place, on Just with a swing vote, making his wagon a possiblity.  So, I did better by making a wagon in the first place otherwise it would have just shortened the time to the end of the day and upped the scramble everyone had by delaying it, possibly even making a choas no lynch.  I obviously wasn't getting a One lynch.  You cannot be as black and white as you're trying to imply about me wanting to lynch a scum, (3rd party is scum btw) for being scummy.  So no, my vote was not as bad as if Just flipped town since he was scum.

What is downright outrageous, (or isn't) is that I have reason to believe you are scum!

Full claim now, Empress Iffrita.
I wish to know if you are going to continue your pursue for my lynch, or are you going to purse Mala's lynch which as of the moment is at 3 votes, including your vote.

You say that 3rd Party is (scummy) yet considering what I've been told, 3rd parties are not known by scum, therefore to be treated like a townie lynch. Yet your talking about the opposite.

Its nice to know that you claim to have found scum, yet There Was Post about it, if you were town you should have laid down a vote as well immediately stating the reason why you found her as scum. I find the fact you asked for a fullclaim instead of just laying down your reasons highly suspicious.

##Vote Miya

Unless you state the reasons for your asking Empress Iffrita for fullclaim + the reasons you find your scummy, I won't be changing my vote.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #363 on: July 16, 2011, 11:51:03 AM »
err "There was NO reason in it", sorry about the typo.

Also Miya, if you were so certain that Empress Iffrita was scum, Where Was The Vote?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #364 on: July 16, 2011, 12:03:09 PM »
Can you people not see that I'm busy with my divination? Do you not understand how rude it is for you to be disturbing me?
I currently dislike Depore, Moonin and Empress Iffrita. I believe #344 sums up my thoughts on why Depore is trying to kill us all.
My dislike of Empress Iffrita stems from her willingness to claim after Princess Miya claims that she has information on her despite the fact that Empress Iffrita believes Princess Miya to be scummy. In addition I dislike her claim.
As for Moonin: I'm waiting for him to answer what he thought was "half bad" and "half not bad' about my #262. That statement was a complete fencesit and I dislike him for making it. His #296 has some content. Or does it? Ignoring his defense and clarification sections. Moonin tells us in the suspicions section that... What does he tell us? He disliked One before finding that his read on One was null before deciding that he's STARTING to dislike One again. Depore has been making scumslips but only if certain other people are scum. He doesn't even tell us WHICH people need to be scum for Depore's scumslips to be actual scumslips. As for me, I am making a half bad and half not bad case on him according to Moonin. Never mind telling the town what part is bad and what part is not. Moonin is sitting on the fence for all three of his suspicions. Since then Moonin has not said much.

##Vote Moonin

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #365 on: July 16, 2011, 12:06:31 PM »
Let's be honest here. Do you think scum is going to claim that they have potentially lethal information on somebody at the start of day 2?
but I can't see why scum would bother claiming at this juncture, so I'm giving her a pass for now.
Do you like placing all this wine in front of me? Wine sure is helpful with my divination.

Miya was not exactly a major focus of townie suspicion at the start of this day either.
The important part is that YOU were suspicious of Princess Miya.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #366 on: July 16, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »
##Unvote
Mala makes a lot of sense. I need to look over something. You're all scum.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #367 on: July 16, 2011, 12:13:20 PM »
One, what do you think of Yuan? You seemed to suspect her before; are you dropping her?

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #368 on: July 16, 2011, 12:33:44 PM »
One, what do you think of Yuan? You seemed to suspect her before; are you dropping her?

Its due to the fact that I don't have much to really suspect her of at the moment, the only case at the time that I could claim was her attacking me, at the moment, I'd say shes a town.

Though I have to ask,

@Yuan: Why did you not place your vote back on me?, You were pretty sold on the case that I was scum. You also said that your case never changed, did you forget to vote? or did you have a reason to not vote me.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2011, 12:45:54 PM »
Alright. Depore is pretty much the only concrete scum read I have right now. I'd vote her, but again, she's getting replaced/modkilled.

One makes a good point on Miya though. Iffrita was one of Miya's top scum reads through Day 1. If Miya apparently had reason to think Iffrita was scum today, why not add a vote to go along with his suspicions? I also don't like the clears on Xix and Depore and want him to explain them.

##Vote: Princess Miya

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #370 on: July 16, 2011, 12:49:29 PM »
EBWOP: Reason enough to ask for a fullclaim, at least. Which means it must have been a pretty damn good reason.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #371 on: July 16, 2011, 01:27:51 PM »
One makes a good point on Miya though. Iffrita was one of Miya's top scum reads through Day 1. If Miya apparently had reason to think Iffrita was scum today, why not add a vote to go along with his suspicions? I also don't like the clears on Xix and Depore and want him to explain them.

For Depore at the moment, the past information will become irrelevant once she is modkilled or replaced, therefore I decide to not saying anything about her until she is replaced, and even then I can only use the information the new Depore posts up.

For Xix: Opinion of him is kinda blank, I really don't know what to think about him actually. I'm finding it hard to read his intent, because from what it seems, he does not have a target now other then Depore, and even then thats only "Leaning towards scum".

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #372 on: July 16, 2011, 01:32:42 PM »
Uh, that was aimed at Miya actually, but it's okay if you answer too.

@One
Give an opinion on Depore anyway. If Depore is replaced, his past actions will still be relevant.
Also, it looks like you haven't actually read Xix. Read over him again and you'll quickly see what's wrong with your statement on him.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #373 on: July 16, 2011, 02:07:52 PM »
Uh, that was aimed at Miya actually, but it's okay if you answer too.

@One
Give an opinion on Depore anyway. If Depore is replaced, his past actions will still be relevant.
Also, it looks like you haven't actually read Xix. Read over him again and you'll quickly see what's wrong with your statement on him.
Hm, well for Depore she really has not given town or scum much information, she mostly just attempted to follow up on the largest wagon, she did not even claim about scum read throughout the game. Plus her post of
All my time not voting yesterday was spent trying and failing at making cases. I only jumped on the Just wagon for the reason I had because I saw it getting tossed around more and I thought it safer than doing it earlier for the same reason.

Safer does not mean its safe, jumping on the wagon for this reason really doesn't make her look good. It makes her look worse due to the fact that her jump on the wagon can be called opportunistic.
Since she probably is not going to be coming back, I can't ask the New Depore what I want answered by the Old Depore.
I also believe in the fact that she overabused her "Newbie Status".

@Xix: eh...Well if we go back into the Past, oh wait I just noticed how even when Xix
Also, Maya I'll concede that I agree with your 344 post, and I'll admit that i completely missed it when I posted 347.
This should have led to Depore being a higher scum status for him, yet he does not unvote Mala and go for Depore, I want to question why he did not. Regarding his thoughts through out day one, he did not have a serious opinion of me. I wish to determine why.

Though at the moment I am probably not seeing what your seeing Book of the Past, I will likely need more posts before I can decide about Xix.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #374 on: July 16, 2011, 02:18:49 PM »
You've stepped up your play today significantly One, it's frightful. Is someone coaching you?  :V

Jokes aside, I see what you mean about Xix now, although I interpret his actions differently.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #375 on: July 16, 2011, 02:27:36 PM »
Votecount the 19th

Depore (1): Iffrita
Mala (2): Orwen, Xix, Book of the Past
Miya (2): One, Book of the Past
Moonin (1): Mala

Not Voting: Everyone else

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
You have about 5452 hours until Night 2.
The deadline was shortened by 2 hours.

Effective immediately, Depore has been replaced. You may address concerns regarding this to me directly or in-thread, whichever is more convenient for you.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:51:27 PM by Bardiche »

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #376 on: July 16, 2011, 02:39:51 PM »
Oh, that was quick. I'll have to wait for the new Depore to make an opening post before I can see if I'll switch back to him.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #377 on: July 16, 2011, 04:35:26 PM »
Its due to the fact that I don't have much to really suspect her of at the moment, the only case at the time that I could claim was her attacking me, at the moment, I'd say shes a town.

Though I have to ask,

@Yuan: Why did you not place your vote back on me?, You were pretty sold on the case that I was scum. You also said that your case never changed, did you forget to vote? or did you have a reason to not vote me.

I thought I voted you in my first post today...

Apparently not.

Doesn't even matter anymore though One. I still think you look bad, but Empress' LOLJOAT claim needs attention.

Unvote; Vote: Empress

So let's see here. In a 13 player game, you have a 1 shot neighborizer, a 1 shot BP and a 1 shot jailer?

Let's analyze this:

First off, the 1 shot BP is ALSO a weak cop. Not even a WEAK Cop. It functions as a cop with BENEFITS. I find it hard to believe.

Secondly, the neighborizer claim is terribad. The fact that it WOULD be provable... but you conveniently got redirected to UK. So now it's no longer provable? ALSO, why would you use that power before your cop/bp combo?

Further, I have role related reasons to know that the one-shot Jailor claim is almost certainly false .

So yeah, claim is terribad.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #378 on: July 16, 2011, 04:57:55 PM »
Are you positive on the Jailor claim being false, Yuan?
You do make some good points on the claim, as I hadn't really been taking the implications into consideration. Iffrita has looked fine to me so far (though this may be because our reads coincide), but I suppose I'll give her a reread.

Miya still needs to explain herself though.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #379 on: July 16, 2011, 05:01:57 PM »
Are you positive on the Jailor claim being false, Yuan?
You do make some good points on the claim, as I hadn't really been taking the implications into consideration. Iffrita has looked fine to me so far (though this may be because our reads coincide), but I suppose I'll give her a reread.

Miya still needs to explain herself though.

I can never be 100% positive, because that would require me outguessing the mod.

I don't want to elucidate, because it's role related, but I will if required/pushed.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #380 on: July 16, 2011, 05:02:27 PM »
And yes, Miya if you would elucidate on your end this could be a lot easier to understand.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #381 on: July 16, 2011, 05:03:57 PM »

I can never be 100% positive, because that would require me outguessing the mod.

I don't want to elucidate, because it's role related, but I will if required/pushed.
Alright, I see.
I actually have a hunch about Miya, but I'll let her talk first.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #382 on: July 16, 2011, 05:06:06 PM »
I've finished a few ISO rereads, and for one reason or another it's hard to establish concrete reads for my scum choices.

Anyway,

Depore:

Her most noticible and scummy problem is that while she bases her town and scum reads off of people based on their content posts and reasoning, she rarely (and really never) goes beyond that.  That is, she really doesn't let us know why and what parts of people's posts she finds scummy.  The best she could do was a weak Xix case relying Xix's Moonin vote and a Just case that while true, was established opinion.  Secondly, her voting power was largely wasted yesterday and that obfuscates town objectively passing judgement.  It's scummy.  Irregardless, she would be my #2-#3 choice of scum. 

Xix:
nothing has changed
I had him pinged scum more from gut, because of a precieved lack of scum hunting, and insufficeint effort exhibited when asked to do so.  Those feelings have not gone away, however, and I don't find Xix's convictions against Mala that convincing.  My read on Xix is more shaky now, partly because his posts are hard to read.  I would ask him to please clearly explain why he thinks Mala is scum. #2-#3 choice of scum

Mala:

Like a fish, her read is slippery.  Like Depore, her voting history leaves much to be desired, and is one of the reasons I have a hard time reading her.  Also, her thoughts flow into one another too much, which make her posts hard to read.  I find that her explainations of her actions ring true however (those that explain her internal monologues).  I haven't invested the energy required to make a stronger read of her, but I'd put her at #4 scum.  Also she is slightly audacious in "divining" every second.

Orwen:

I can read your posts clearly!  But I sense a huge disconnect between your vote of Mala, and hammering Just.  This post specifically.  You had qualms about a Just lynch before as well.  Of all the reasons to switch votes, you used WIFOM on a claim. "Scum can lie about claims! to let them live an extra day!" It's funny. Did you ever ask Mala to claim?  I think not.  Futhermore you have been waffling on a few town's preferred D1 lynches.  I.e, on One, Depore, and Xix.  Your reads on them were always fluid enough that I am sure you would have no trouble changing to vote one of them seeing as how fast you voted Just even though he was less of a priority then any of them.  I have trouble understanding how you think Mala is bad for making a case on Just (even if it is not 100% original) when your own reason for voting Just was much weaker.  You always thought Mala was bad from the get-go, increasing my suspciousions that you are disconnected when it comes to presenting a case for scum!Mala. You are my #1 Scum read.  ##Vote: Sage Orwen

Anyway about Miya/Iffrita.  It would be so nice to have UK here to clarify things, wouldn't it?  Man, that would be nice.  O WAIT!  I think I can do it!  My role shall be fulfilled, I can revive only once, and my target will die once more at the beginning of the next day.  Now shall I be silent, with only one other grace, if you have more questions of me I will be certain to be around the next day.

Demon from the underground,
Town has need for you to be around,
To tell them who has sinned,
To tell them who is lying,
To tell them who is spying,
To tell them who is dying.

##Evocate Demon Navarus

Bardiche

« Reply #383 on: July 16, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »
Votecount the 20th

Depore (1): Iffrita
Mala (2): Orwen, Xix, Book of the Past
Miya (2): One, Book of the Past
Moonin (1): Mala
Iffrita (1): Yuan

Orwen (0): Mikhail

Not Voting: Everyone else!

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
You have about 49 hours until Night 2.

Demon Navarus has returned to the game.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 05:23:23 PM by Bardiche »

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #384 on: July 16, 2011, 05:15:50 PM »

So wait. This will confirm Empress' claim! IF UK truly was neighborized last night by Empress she will have access to that QT now.

If UK doesn't have access to that QT, Empress is conf. scum.

If Uk DOES have access, than Empress' claim is real (but confirmed role=/= confirmed alignment so Empress can still be scum)

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #385 on: July 16, 2011, 05:26:31 PM »
@Bardiche: You missed Mikhail's vote on Sage Orwen.

@Yuan: Agreed.

Bardiche

« Reply #386 on: July 16, 2011, 05:28:22 PM »
@One: Corrected.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #387 on: July 16, 2011, 05:37:08 PM »
NeoDepore, checking in. I'll need a chance to properly catch up on the game, but with less than 400 posts that shouldn't be too tall a task :)

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #388 on: July 16, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »
@UK: Have you been neighborized? Your first post back should answer this question. It is the most important one.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #389 on: July 16, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »
Fortunately for y'all I've been kind of following the game. Iffirita is right that the Just wagon counts as town for the sake of voting analysis. People arguing that look interestin'

Now then, I have no neighbor QT with Iffrita

At first I was on Iffrita's side in this whole business, since after all, it's possible Bard using weird action resolution. That said, I still got my night results last night, despite dying. Since I'm only alive for a day, I can tell you that I had two abilities. I can Corpsehunt, which reveals the abilities of a dead player, or I can Weak Track. The Weak track tells me if my target targetted anyone.

Just's abilities were as follows: Every night, he tracks all players in the game. This ability cannot be roleblocked. He's also able to choose someone's vote to move to a target of his liking

I feel that Iffrita is our best lynch today. Now let me catch up to see if there is anything specific I want to address. I also might throw a case out there.

P-Edit: Yuan: Hold your damn horses, christ.