Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 110521 times)

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 1]
« Reply #300 on: July 14, 2011, 07:18:34 PM »
Wait a minute.

I just realized that what Just is doing with his confirmable overnight vote claim is incredibly similar to The Comedian's fakeclaim from Mafia History.

He's trying to use the promise of becoming self-confirmed to survive the day and last one night phase longer, most likely netting scum a mislynch in the process.

Color me convinced on scum!Just unless somebody can point out a flaw with my theory. I don't want to put him at L-1 when we still have five or so hours left, however.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #301 on: July 14, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »
A Lot of people focused more on survival than they should have. One, for example, put a lot of effort into waving away the case against himself by admiting most of it was true, and then shrugging it off apologetically. He did this to the point where I don't even recall seeing him make a case on anyone besides Yuan.

I'm starting to really dislike the wagon on Just.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #302 on: July 14, 2011, 07:20:27 PM »
Incidentally knowing that Miya would turn on me like that unvoting One was not in my best interests if I was just looking for a new place to go. I really do think that Mala's hop was horrible. Yes I'm interested in surviving, I wanted to surprise you all with my confirmability instead of being forced to out myself like this. I have never seen a game with scum voting powers that give them additional votes.

Look, I really hate voting for derp players that are just being derp. I didn't see One as that kind of derp before. If Depore is seriously the only thing that is worse then me then I'll switch, I'm going to be here until the day ends anyways.

The flaw in your theory is that unlike the Comedian I ACTUALLY HAVE THIS POWER. Innocent Child would be a lie and what did I tell you about lying?

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #303 on: July 14, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »
No, seriously, that would be a stupid claim if I were just trying to survive. Why wouldn't I claim to be a cop if I had something I couldn't prove tomorrow? Either situation would be a Day 2 quicklynch with cop being much more precious. Stop being paranoid and realize that there has never been a double voting scum on this forum! Likely because it would be too swingy!

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #304 on: July 14, 2011, 07:23:19 PM »
Fuck it.

Let me re-read Mala again to see if there's any way I could possibly want her lynched over Just.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #305 on: July 14, 2011, 07:26:12 PM »
Also, is UK still around? I want her opinion on Just's claim.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #306 on: July 14, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
Here's an opinion on the claim.
Just is not lying.
Scum being lynched day one will have no qualms about lying at this point to get the wagon off of him.

Also, I might as well stick around until deadline since I got roped into doing more awake stuff randomly.

I would seriously rather get a wagon onto someone who's likely not town soon, but considering there are only three people around, I'm starting to get worried.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #307 on: July 14, 2011, 07:37:52 PM »
Moonin: Who would you consider to be "likely not town"? The point you rose about Just's claim actually makes a lot of sense, especially considering that the lack of people around meant that scum!Just had a lot of leeway to think up a chaotic fakeclaim unlikely to be countered. So... I guess I'm not sold on scum!Just anymore. Welp.

The problem is that the only person I could imagine lynching at this juncture other than Just or Depore would be Mala, and Mala isn't even around to claim. I don't think we have the manpower to get a Depore lynch at this point, which is pretty terrible considering she's the only player I'd actually feel safe about lynching at this point. @_@ Auuugh.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #308 on: July 14, 2011, 07:40:22 PM »
The case on me right now is tunneling gut, OMGUS misreps, here's my vote brb later, voting because yay other people agree with me and a lurker that can't get their preferred lynch. IE this wagon is crap and I will be so angry if you lynch Just over this. Look at him! Look at his cute face! How can you lynch that? :< My only regret will be not being able to hug myself.

I really wish I could agree against Depore but I really, really can't get past how DollS-like her play is at this point. I know Book is going to be back. I believe Yuan will be around before deadline. Can we please consolidate on another choice instead of leaving me as the only option like this?

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #309 on: July 14, 2011, 07:43:28 PM »
I really wish I could agree against Depore but I really, really can't get past how DollS-like her play is at this point.
Pretty sure you're talking about the wrong newbie there.

I'm still ISOing Mala and I'm noticing some interesting things. We might be able to compromise on her lynch, but I want Moonin's opinion as well since he's around right now.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #310 on: July 14, 2011, 07:46:41 PM »
Incidentally I've decided I suck hardcore at this 'try to stay under the radar and not be so pro-town so scum don't kill the good power roles' thing. Never again. It's not like I get nightkilled anyways. ┐( ?∀? )┌  No, Depore looks like DollS to me, if DollS had even less of an idea how to play mafia.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #311 on: July 14, 2011, 07:51:27 PM »
My list of people who are likely not town mostly consist of people whom One, Depore, and Mala haven't voted for, and have been voted by. Which reminds me that my list seems to not be taking bussing into account, but that's advanced theory crafting best left later days.

I do feel the constraints of the wagons. I admit, of the three, Mala is my weakest scum read. Considering that I doubt all three scum would jump on the same wagon at the same time, even given Depore's disposition, I don't feel a good chance coming from Mala's lynch either.

Remember town, Scum are winning right now because you're not making strong wagons. This is a mess of votes, and you all need to pick up after yourselves.

Cut: As I've said, any of my three reads I'll be willing to switch to.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #312 on: July 14, 2011, 08:01:26 PM »
Even if Book and Yuan return, that's still only five people, and we'd have barely enough votes to move the wagon to ... Mala. Which brings me up to the same page Iffrita is on.

Oh well, something is better than nothing.
##Unvote: Depore
##Vote: Mala

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #313 on: July 14, 2011, 08:08:34 PM »
I was going to get a drink, but then I realized the reason I'm still up isn't because of the game, but because I'm expecting to drive someone home soon.

This is officially the worst Deadline I've had the displeasure of worrying over.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #314 on: July 14, 2011, 08:10:56 PM »
New points I realized from my Mala ISO:
  • I only just realized this, but half of her alternate suspects were only added to her list because people prodded her for opinions on them. Given that she then went on to place her vote on Just, that seems a lot like she's banking off of the cases of other people. I don't like this.
  • I actually take back what I said about Mala's vote on Just being AOK earlier. Look at how non-concrete his initial Just attack is.. You leave your vote on somebody who is solidly scummy, not somebody who is "strange, probably scummy". Even though she did later make a stronger case on Just, it was waffled back on but left around through gut, as I believe Book of the Past already pointed out.
  • So... both Mala's Xix vote and her Just vote were really opportunistic wagon hops. Actually, now that I put more thought into it, Mala is fairly close to being a wordier Depore. Both make weak jumps onto incoming wagons around the same time in their lifespan, and both have thrown out names to possibly jump on later. Given how much scrutiny I have put Depore under this game, I'm fine taking out Mala. She lacks the newbscum intent I can read off of Depore, but her actions still seem worth attacking.
##Unvote
##Vote Prophet Mala
Let's see where this goes.

Cut by Moonin switching to Mala as well. Hopefully this will work out.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #315 on: July 14, 2011, 08:13:47 PM »
Votecount the 16th

One (1): Yuan, Just, Moonin, Yuan, Miya
Mala (5): One, Orwen, Iffrita, Xix, Just, Moonin, Ifrita
Just (5): Book of the Past, Mala, Xix, Navarus, Book of the Past, One, Mala, Depore, Miya
Xix (2): Miya, Just, Moonin, Iffrita, Depore, Mala, One, Mikhail, Book of the Past

Depore (0): Moonin, Iffrita
Yuan (0): Orwen, Depore, One
Navarus (0): Depore, Mala
Book of the Past (0): Mikhail
Orwen (0): Navarus, Book of the Past, Mikhail
Iffrita (0): Miya, Yuan
Moonin (0): Xix, Mala

Not Voting: None

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
You have about 3 hours and 45 minutes until Night 1.

Mod Note from Bard: the previous votecount contained an error and did not feature Just's vote for Mala. This has been corrected.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:16:28 PM by Bardiche »

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #316 on: July 14, 2011, 08:15:53 PM »
Shouldn't Mala have 5 votes, not 4?

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #317 on: July 14, 2011, 08:18:48 PM »
I count as a person too (T▽T)
One please don't be silent after the attention drifted away from you. Now is the time to post! For JUSTice!

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #318 on: July 14, 2011, 09:01:08 PM »
...GDI

Just, here's the problem I have with your role claim. You said that you can confirm you are town through your role. However, In the very first post on the game, Bardiche told us that roles and alignments are not linked. Which means either scum can have a power that will let them use additional votes, OR you are lying about your role.

Which wouldn't actually make sense because roles and alignments aren't linked, and thus you'd have no reason to lie about your role if you were scum.

GDI.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #319 on: July 14, 2011, 09:12:22 PM »
And then I realized scum would lie about their role if it was to buy themselves a day.

##Unvote

##Vote Just

This doesn't mean I think Mala is town.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #320 on: July 14, 2011, 09:13:57 PM »
That's hammer. Shut up.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #321 on: July 14, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »
I can't believe that just happened. Bard is going to murder me :ohdear: I'M SORRY JUST

Bardiche

Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Night 1]
« Reply #322 on: July 14, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »
The crowd that had gathered fell quiet finally. A few looked curiously from one to the other. They knew that some of them were not out for the best of Chaos, but they couldn't quite decide who.

Finally someone's voice rose out from the crowd.

"Chaos? The Night? Oh, come now! That isn't interesting at all!" The boy grinned brightly at the others.

"What do you mean, Just?" It was a question all thought, but none dared voice but one.

Just simply smiled at everyone, but when he was met with glares instead, shrugged and backed off.

"What I mean is," he began, slowly, "that I don't care for a moment what happens to the lot of you." When everyone was still quiet, Just sighed and shook his head. "Perhaps I should start introductions anew. Hello, I am Ouroboros, Serpent of Knowledge. I don't care about all you people and your problems.

"The only thing I care about is that delicious ecstasy of confusion, despair, anticipation and the world as you know it crashing down onto your pathetic little head." He still smiled brightly. "Now, are we clear? This was interesting. For a while. It no longer is."

Before any could raise a shout, Just swung his arms up. A large axe gleamed brightly in his hands and then... with a large flash, the boy disappeared from sight, leaving nothing behind.

-----

On Day 1, the collective lynched Just, the Bright Youth. Just was actually Ouroboros, Serpent of Knowledge.

The Night Phase has begun. You have 24 hours to send in your actions, after which I will no longer accept any submissions.

As an additional note, after consultation with people, I have come to the conclusion that this game contains too little activity for its amount of players. As such, starting from D2, I will shorten the Day and move the deadline when I determine there is too much lurk going on. Lurking will now actively harm Town.

The alternative is a mass of prods, of which I am not fond. So there you have it.

Again, Night phase has begun. You have 24 hours to send in your actions, after which you will be treated as not having acted at all.

Bardiche

« Reply #323 on: July 14, 2011, 09:27:28 PM »
Please note that Night Phase means SHUT UP unless a role or ability specifically permits otherwise. I will not warn again.

EDIT: There were no errors in counting the votes, so stop asking. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:29:56 PM by Bardiche »

Bardiche

« Reply #324 on: July 15, 2011, 04:37:39 PM »
The results of all Night Actions have been sent. If you received no confirmation for success or failure, please PM me.

The Day Phase will resume in 5 hours.

Bardiche

« Reply #325 on: July 15, 2011, 06:11:21 PM »
[20:00] <Inaba_Tewi> if all the actions are in and we're ready then let's open up
[20:01] <Inaba_Tewi> no point waiting when they're raring to go

This makes a surprising amount of sense.

---

As day broke, the people gathered in the main hall of the castle again. After all, there were still enemies to Chaos to be found, as the great prophet had prophesised.

But it was soon enough that they noticed one of their number missing. Everyone hurried to his room, but it was already too late.

Demon Navarus sat slumped in his chair, his face grave, the knife in his chest glimmering brightly.

Demon Navarus, Lord of Demons, has been killed overnight.

The Day Phase has now commenced. You have 72 hours to reach a conclusion. As mentioned before, excessive lurking will result in a reduction of time for the deadline. Time lost cannot be regained. Prods will still be sent out, and modkills when reasonable will still occur.

Not Voting: Everyone!

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
You have 72 hours until Night 2.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 2]
« Reply #326 on: July 15, 2011, 06:17:54 PM »
Since the scum team likely had no way of knowing Just's alignment, I will be treating the Just wagon in the same way I would normally treat an ordinary townie wagon.

Orwen I can't particularly fault. I'm under the impression that whatever was going on with the Just wagon that caused a premature hammer, he was entirely unaware of it. I don't think his statements about the claim were entirely unjustified since I had a similar thought process, so I believe he looks the best out of the later hops on Just's wagon and I would not be interested in pursuing him today. Navarus is another Just voter who I do not feel is worth lynching today, as I find that his overall D1 conduct does not match how scum would be expected to play.

Miya's late-day actions are downright outrageous. Assuming that there was scum among the players with wagons only maintaining two votes, I can see major scum motivation in her turning Just into the de facto lynch and outing his claim while other lynches were still being considered. She essentially had the biggest hand in the end-of-day clusterfuck we experienced and her Just vote was possibly the most anti-town move that has been pulled so far. It essentially forced a dichotomy consisting of Just and whoever town could muster up the voting strength to create a wagon out of, which is horrible.

The trio of One / Mala / Depore is difficult to analyze because all three of them jumped on two notable wagons around the same time. A situation where all three scum jump on one wagon at once in a short time frame would imply major scum incompetence, which I would prefer not to assume. Out of the three of them, I believe that One looks the towniest, so I will choose not to aggress him for now. This post provides an explanation for my distaste of the case on One's actions pending his Just vote, and I actually feel capable of observing town intent in One's vote on Just. The way he pressed her for a response reads like townie conviction to my eyes, and he actually made a fairly strong point against Just here. Out of the three players who rode both the Xix wagon and the Just lynch, I feel that One actually had the most believable case on Just, as well as the fairest intent.

Judging Mala and Depore side by side is amusing because of how conveniently similar their voting patterns are. However, I think I'm going to have to stick with my guns and continue to attack Depore, for her voting pattern seems to capitalize on the actions and votes of other players significantly more than Mala's does. My past analysis of Depore's vote on Xix can be observed here, but now that we have a full day's worth of content to look back on, I would like to add that Depore's attacks on other players often seem to take advantage of the circumstances. Not only did her Xix vote pop up as soon as the town's attention shifted to a potential Xix wagon according to comments from me, Navarus and Mala, but her vote on Just popped up right after One and Mala had tied up the Just wagon with the One wagon, at a time where the Just wagon had more support thanks to my lingering suspicion of him. Not only is this opportunistic as hell, but it gets especially interesting when one realizes that that Depore didn't even dedicate so much as a line of her post to the One wagon, despite previously leaning scummy on One earlier in the day (at a time where overall townie suspicion was suddenly starting to lean towards One, too! I'm not going to place this in the "One pushing Xix to L-1 was weird and you can't blame anybody for suspecting him" category because Depore's opinion had nothing to do with that). The disconnection in opinions here furthers my belief that Depore is scum flowing with the winds of change in the town's overall collective opinion, and is more than enough to push her to the top of my suspect list once more.

##Vote Depore

As for Mala, the amount of new charges I have against her is fairly insignificant, but I would like to defer everyone to the post I made at the end of Day 1, since I believe those points still hold water following Just's flip (if not more). Considering the way she utilized the death of the Xix wagon to spread out her options and slowly gain a wider array of choices to jump to for deadline, I can see scum intent in the way she conveniently managed to push the flipped non-scum wagon without having to put any effort into actually keeping up an offense against Just throughout the day. I would be accepting of a Mala lynch, but would not actually prefer it over Depore, whose scummy intentions come off as both more plentiful and more transparent.

In closing, I continue to support a Depore lynch the most, but could see myself agreeing to the death of one of Miya or Mala if I can't obtain my preferred outcome for the day. It should also be noted that I would most likely lynch Miya over Mala if it came down to those two choices.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #327 on: July 15, 2011, 07:13:59 PM »
So let me get this striaght Empress... you think Depore!scum was responsible for the Demon kill?

Demon being the person who White Knighted and swore up and down to her grave that Depore was town?

:S

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #328 on: July 15, 2011, 07:20:22 PM »
Navarus was probably one of the best kills regardless of whether she was clearing scum or not. This game is lurky as hell, and not only was Navarus the biggest talker, but nobody really suspected her to be scum, either. Killing off the active players in a game with several lurkers is a good way for scum to stifle activity.

Also, note that Navarus showed signs of irritation towards Depore at the end of the day, so it was possible she was going to turn her reads around anyway. I can see why you would maybe doubt my case based on the kill, but I don't think that offing Navarus would be as much of a loss for scum!Depore as you seem to claim.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #329 on: July 15, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »
Well, considering that without Demon's protection Depore could have been in a lot more trouble yesterday than what occured... I don't think that scum Depore would kill her.

I mean, you don't kill someone for being WRONG about their reads. Generally, UK must have been right about SOMETHING for her to get killed. I'm going to look through her top scum reads again, and see which is the most likely candidate. It's a good place to start.