Author Topic: Nue Quest 4th Ignition: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 52343 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Nue Quest 4th Ignition: A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:36:31 PM »

>You are Nue Houjuu,  Gensokyo's premier shapeshifter! Yours is a long and storied past, ranging from hassling the Mikado's palace in the old days to being sealed underground to making your way among migrant oni and more. But by and large, you've gotten by. These days, you live in the Ancient City, and run a successful tavern, as well as a couple of side businesses. As well, you have taken to hanging with a group of surprisingly open-minded Buddhists.
>And you've been robbed.
>You are an independent-minded person and prone to mischief. You are a confident and flirtatious, seldom at a loss of words or caught off guard. In the old days you had no problem terrorizing those in the highest seats of power, but these days you have calmed down somewhat. Even if you no longer aspire to your old heights of harassing Emperors, you still love to stir up trouble every now and again. Despite this, you find yourself surprisingly responsible these days, between running legitimate businesses and helping out your surface world friends. Some days, you wonder if you're losing your edge. Partially you blame Byakuren's influence; she has a way of making want to behave, at least a little bit. As well, having lived among the rigorously honest oni; quick to answer injury with violence; has done much to quietly shape you toward being a more socially-minded soul. Particularly after the end result of your first attempts to run scams and thieve your way through as you used to...
>These days you consider the oni as good friends, even if they're a bit more gruff than you'd like sometimes. Your tavern serves as a well-known peaceful spot, where people in the Ancient City can go to relax and not worry about the brawls and such, though sometimes they do happen right outside your doorstep. You are acquainted with one of the Four Devas that lead the oni, a woman calling herself Kay. She sometimes uses your tavern as a base of operations, though this has been happening less often lately. You have also found yourself tied to the people of the Myouren Temple, after they forgave you for your last big prank of interfering with their restoration of their leader. They've proven to be true friends, and have done what they can to assist you when you need it.
>A strange event of some kind seems to have turned everyone's money into gemstones of roughly equivalent worth, reaching even into Hakugyokurou. You aren't sure what caused it or why, but it seems to have been via use of faith, or something like magic but not magic. You do know a rabbit youkai was seen entering and leaving your house. Chaos has started to break out in the city, and is somewhat contained in the human town. The kappa are in a tizzy trying to figure it out, while the tengu town and Scarlet Devil Mansion have closed their borders. If things continue to degenerate, things could get very messy in Gensokyo.You have Nazrin working your tavern, trying to turn a profit from the events. As well, your spell cards have gone missing.
>Having spoken with Patchouli's magic circle, it's been determined that something that isn't quite faith is behind this event. You've managed to independently find that the gems seem to have letters written inside them, and with Patchouli's assistance have found the gems seem to have been created from books in some manner. You've joined with Mystia, who wishes revenge against whomever took her money, and have chased Tewi to the seldom-explored southern reaches of Gensokyo, and found her in a place where two humans named Rika and Rikako, as well as a ghost named Kana, seem to live. Now, you are trying to keep Tewi from escaping.

> We're larger than her, roll the grapple so that she's underneath us, then use our legs - in addition to our arms - to pin her down.
> If she keeps struggling, punch to the kidney.

>You try to roll, applying your superior weight. You succeed, but your grasp on Tewi weakens as she slips out a bit. You try to wrap your legs around her, and find your trident is getting in the way of your right leg getting a proper grasp.
>You suspect that punching her would  loosen your grip on her significantly.

> If while rolling, we find the trident interfering with the roll, fire off some danmaku point-blank to whatever part of Tewi our hands are currently at.

>You hit Tewi with a fair amount of danmaku. She squeals and flails, and your mouth explodes into pain as the back of her head smacks into it.

> Shout "Hey, can someone give me a hand here?  Now would be great!"

>Your words don't come out right, given the blow you took to the face.
>"Hold still!" Mystia cries, somewhere off to the side.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: Nue Quest 4th Ignition: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 02:57:53 PM »
> Are we bleeding?  We better not have any broken teeth!
> "Hurry and help!"
> Do we know the proper technique for a headbutt?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 03:04:56 PM »
> Are we bleeding?  We better not have any broken teeth!
> "Hurry and help!"
> Do we know the proper technique for a headbutt?

>You think you might taste some blood, and while your teeth ache a bit you don't think any are broken.
>"Hold still so I don't hit you!" says Mystia
>You have a fair idea. Fair enough to know that as things stand, you really can't do one.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 04:32:04 PM »
> "Trying!"
> Brace whatever grip on Tewi we still have and stop moving of our own accord. Resist all pushes and pulls on our body by Tewi's struggling as best we can.
> While doing these, since we have fairly recent practice doing it, begin increasing our weight in an attempt to reduce the effect Teri's flailing has on us.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 04:43:16 PM »
> "Trying!"
> Brace whatever grip on Tewi we still have and stop moving of our own accord. Resist all pushes and pulls on our body by Tewi's struggling as best we can.
> While doing these, since we have fairly recent practice doing it, begin increasing our weight in an attempt to reduce the effect Teri's flailing has on us.

>You do what you can to brace yourself again Tewi and hold still. You consider adding some more weight onto yourself to pin her down more effectively, but a series of sharp pains around your chest and abdomen quickly make the idea unfeasible; she's hitting you with danmaku, too!
>This persists for a second or so, before you hear Tewi groan in pain over the sound of a soft whump, and your own pain starts to die away. Then there's another whump, and Tewi squawks while struggling fiercely.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »
> Oh, that does it.
> Start firing off point-blank danmaku at whatever part of Tewi our hands are aimed at. Don't stop until Tewi breaks free, stops struggling, or vocally gives up, or if someone else tells us to stop.
> "Keep going, Mystia!"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »
> Oh, that does it.
> Start firing off point-blank danmaku at whatever part of Tewi our hands are aimed at. Don't stop until Tewi breaks free, stops struggling, or vocally gives up, or if someone else tells us to stop.
> "Keep going, Mystia!"

>You decide to deal with this.
>You give Tewi another good does of Danmaku, this time better prepared for her thrashing. She quickly goes limp in your grasp. Then jerks a bit in the wake of another whump.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 05:21:46 PM »
> Stop firing.
> "Hold up, Mystia! I think she's done!"
> Try to get a better grip on Tewi.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 05:29:48 PM »
> Stop firing.
> "Hold up, Mystia! I think she's done!"
> Try to get a better grip on Tewi.

>You stop firing, and tell Mystia to stop. "Okay, fine!" says Mystia.
>You get a better grip on Tewi, with no real difficulty or resistance.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 07:02:22 PM »
> Wait a few seconds to see if Tewi struggles any more.
> If not, adjust our grip so one of our arms has her neck firmly in the crook of our elbow, then release our grip with the other arm and use the now-free arm to disentangle our trident from the mess of rabbit and nue.
> If Tewi still hasn't struggled at all, return to the solid grip around her midsection and stand up, hoisting her up with us. Turn around so we can see the others.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 01:21:05 AM »
> Wait a few seconds to see if Tewi struggles any more.
> If not, adjust our grip so one of our arms has her neck firmly in the crook of our elbow, then release our grip with the other arm and use the now-free arm to disentangle our trident from the mess of rabbit and nue.
> If Tewi still hasn't struggled at all, return to the solid grip around her midsection and stand up, hoisting her up with us. Turn around so we can see the others.

>You don't have any problems with Tewi struggling, and disentangle your trident without any trouble. You stand up, your torso and face aching a bit, and hoist Tewi up.
>Looking back, you see Mystia standing near you, and Rikako standing close to the building. You can't see Rika anywhere, but you think you hear someone rushing through the foliage nearby.
>"Are you alright?" says Mystia.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 01:21:42 AM »
> "Been better."
> Give a toothy grin.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 04:46:42 AM »
> "Been better."
> Give a toothy grin.

>"So, what are we going to do with her?" says Mystia.
>"So, what precisely is going on here?" Rikako says, as she approaches.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 04:53:33 AM »
> "Pretty sure she's out. We need to get her into a room big enough for all of us, preferably a room with no windows and one door I can block physically. Best thing we can do after that is wait for her to rejoin the land of the conscious. I have no idea why she bolted that second time after Mystia stood down; I was still easily the most suspicious person of this little group, and you folks had a good number of reasons to trust her over me."
> Frown.
> "For a thief and a rabbit, she has pretty questionable situational assessment skills."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 05:02:36 AM »
> "Pretty sure she's out. We need to get her into a room big enough for all of us, preferably a room with no windows and one door I can block physically. Best thing we can do after that is wait for her to rejoin the land of the conscious. I have no idea why she bolted that second time after Mystia stood down; I was still easily the most suspicious person of this little group, and you folks had a good number of reasons to trust her over me."
> Frown.
> "For a thief and a rabbit, she has pretty questionable situational assessment skills."

>"There's the basement pantry," says Rikako. "It only has one way up. I suppose it's alright as long as Kana doesn't mind; she stays down there."
>"Probably didn't like her chances staying," says Mystia.  "Really, I was sure we lost her when she got through those shots the first time."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 05:05:41 AM »
> "The pantry works, if someone doesn't mind giving me a hand to lug her down there."
> Look at Rikako speciifcally.
> "I'll be glad to give you the explanation I'm sure you and your friends want on the way there. Or, at least, as much of one as I can. You might actually have to fill in some of the details for me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 05:29:43 AM »
> "The pantry works, if someone doesn't mind giving me a hand to lug her down there."
> Look at Rikako speciifcally.
> "I'll be glad to give you the explanation I'm sure you and your friends want on the way there. Or, at least, as much of one as I can. You might actually have to fill in some of the details for me."

>"I can help," says Rikako.
>As she speaks, Rika dashes around the building, crossbow in hand.  She levels it, and looks around, frowning. "I heard that danmaku," she says, "What happened here?"
>"We're finding out," says Rikako. "We're taking  Tewi inside. And you should ask Kana if she minds us putting Tewi in the pantry for a bit."
>"Huh?" says Rika. "Well, okay. But I better know what's happening soon."
>She disappears around the building, while Rikako approaches to help with your captive. "So, explain."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 05:45:01 AM »
> Start carrying Tewi into the building with Rikako's help as she provides it.
> "Right. So this rabbit here nicked my spellcards earlier this afternoon, while I was still asleep. I managed to track her here, because not only had she stolen my stuff, but she's also the top and, really, only suspect in the case of who turned all of Gensokyo's money into gems. Mystia's here to give her a good thrashing for the latter. We managed to find this building, so I figured two could play at the game of sneaking inside to take stuff and managed to find my way in. Like I said earlier, I had no idea you lived here, or that this was even a home. From the outside, I figured it was either a warehouse, a business, or some sort of shelter. In my investigation I found you and your friend asleep together on a futon. One of the drawers on your chest is still open, by the way. I had no idea who you were, but you weren't Tewi, and it was pretty apparent that you were living here in some capacity, so I left you be and moved on. Found the laundry room with the mobile laundry pole, then found the kitchen and your ghost, who told me that Tewi admitted she had stolen things from me and was now hiding from me. Then pot met wok a whole lot and I think you enough of the rest."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 05:49:13 AM »
> Start carrying Tewi into the building with Rikako's help as she provides it.
> "Right. So this rabbit here nicked my spellcards earlier this afternoon, while I was still asleep. I managed to track her here, because not only had she stolen my stuff, but she's also the top and, really, only suspect in the case of who turned all of Gensokyo's money into gems. Mystia's here to give her a good thrashing for the latter. We managed to find this building, so I figured two could play at the game of sneaking inside to take stuff and managed to find my way in. Like I said earlier, I had no idea you lived here, or that this was even a home. From the outside, I figured it was either a warehouse, a business, or some sort of shelter. In my investigation I found you and your friend asleep together on a futon. One of the drawers on your chest is still open, by the way. I had no idea who you were, but you weren't Tewi, and it was pretty apparent that you were living here in some capacity, so I left you be and moved on. Found the laundry room with the mobile laundry pole, then found the kitchen and your ghost, who told me that Tewi admitted she had stolen things from me and was now hiding from me. Then pot met wok a whole lot and I think you enough of the rest."

>"Interesting," says Rikako, "Tewi didn't say anything about stealing anything to us. She did say, though, that there was someone dangerous after her."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 05:53:38 AM »
> Grin and tilt our head toward Mystia.
> "She was wrong. There were two dangerous people after her. But anyway, I guess I don't know for sure if she actually said anything about stealing. I told Kana that she had said she was a friend of mine, and that she had only borrowed some important tools. Kana made the robbery connection when I was trying to avoid putting what happened that way as best I could, so I had figured Tewi said something about being a thief. Guess I could've been wrong on that one. Still, though, I'd like to think that her running away after Mystia stopped shooting at her when you two had me a crossbow point must say something about her motives."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 05:59:28 AM »
> Grin and tilt our head toward Mystia.
> "She was wrong. There were two dangerous people after her. But anyway, I guess I don't know for sure if she actually said anything about stealing. I told Kana that she had said she was a friend of mine, and that she had only borrowed some important tools. Kana made the robbery connection when I was trying to avoid putting what happened that way as best I could, so I had figured Tewi said something about being a thief. Guess I could've been wrong on that one. Still, though, I'd like to think that her running away after Mystia stopped shooting at her when you two had me a crossbow point must say something about her motives."

>Rikako nods. "Yes, running away after all that is just too suspicious. We kind of agreed, if someone came here, that  we'd deal with them together. I guess she thought the situation was lost? Or maybe she panicked?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 06:03:11 AM »
> "Dunno. Like I said, pretty questionable situational assessment skills. Mystia probably has the right of it to a degree, too."
> "Also, uh, for what it's worth, I'm sorry for the trouble all this nonsense caused your home. At the very least, I can appreciate the aggravation of having an unwanted visitor sneak into your house while you're sleeping."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 06:16:43 AM »
> "Dunno. Like I said, pretty questionable situational assessment skills. Mystia probably has the right of it to a degree, too."
> "Also, uh, for what it's worth, I'm sorry for the trouble all this nonsense caused your home. At the very least, I can appreciate the aggravation of having an unwanted visitor sneak into your house while you're sleeping."

>She nods, as you round the corner and approach the door. "Thank you."
>You can vaguely hear the sound of pots and pans banging from the doorway."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 06:17:19 AM »
> "Does she always do that? I really did kinda try to get her to wake you in a more normal fashion."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 06:27:19 AM »
> "Does she always do that? I really did kinda try to get her to wake you in a more normal fashion."

>"Often enough," says Rikako. "We were kind of expecting it tonight, as there's no way she wouldn't have taken the opportunity to bother someone new."

>_

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 06:30:02 AM »
>"Doesn't sound like the best kind of housemate to get a night's sleep around."
>"How well do you guys know Tewi, anyway?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 06:36:42 AM »
>"Doesn't sound like the best kind of housemate to get a night's sleep around."
>"How well do you guys know Tewi, anyway?"

>"We have a kind of agreement," says Rikako, as you head inside. "So she's usually not too bad. And, Tewi is kind of an acquaintance. We've met in the past, and she's had a standing invitation to visit us for awhile now."
>Rika approaches from the hall, and nods. "The pantry is fine."

>_

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 06:42:02 AM »
>Nod back to Rika. "Thanks. Sorry about causing a ruckus and all. Well, sorry about making someone else cause a ruckus in this case, I guess."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 06:48:49 AM »
>Nod back to Rika. "Thanks. Sorry about causing a ruckus and all. Well, sorry about making someone else cause a ruckus in this case, I guess."

>She gives you a nod. "We'll see about that."

>_

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 07:01:48 AM »
>Keep carting Tewi in whatever direction Rikako leads
>"Not planning to cause you any more trouble than I already have, once we get this little issue sorted."
>"Was pretty surprised to find a place like this out here, actually. What drives a couple of humans to live in the middle of nowhere, I wonder."
>Crack a little grin.
>"Other than trying to stay away from nosy people like myself, of course."